Queen’s Park 21/22

14 minutes ago, peternapper said:

How much use does the social club get apart from match days, our club is classed as a public bar i think so can be used at anytime without the need to be members which gives it a much better chance of making a profit.

It's not about what was, or is, it's about what it could be. The commercial team are planning for a much more wider audience at peak events. The troops who have a notch in the bar where their elbow fits might have a different viewpoint. Just don't mention dart boards.

55 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Get some of this down you and STFU 

Royal Dutch Lager Beer | 1/160 sec; f/8; ISO 100 Canon EF 50… | Flickr

Couple of queries on this one Mick1867. Firstly, should we not be running this one past Marijn for some perspective? Secondly, does "Post Horn" limit it to only after sex? Given the average age, this might not be much of a seller?

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Couple of queries on this one Mick1867. Firstly, should we not be running this one past Marijn for some perspective? Secondly, does "Post Horn" limit it to only after sex? Given the average age, this might not be much of a seller?

This was one of my underage drinking tipples back in the day (33 and a half pence a can) So more pre-horn than post

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

How much use does the social club get apart from match days, our club is classed as a public bar i think so can be used at anytime without the need to be members which gives it a much better chance of making a profit.

When the social club was in the old South Stand, and then the portacabins at Lesser, it was open match days plus Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

When it was rebuilt at the JB McAlpine pavilion the numbers using it dwindled over the years for lots of reasons. It was badly designed, had less capacity for functions, had no built in audio system, had no big screen for watching football, no Sky Sports, stopped selling certain beer, had no pool table (a decent crowd who used to go every Thursday to play pool never returned) and no puggy. Basically everything most of the punters were looking for in a decent club wasn''t there. But the committee at the time thought they knew better. The place hasn't reopened since the start of the coronavirus but by the time it closed its doors it was only open on match days and a Sunday due to the lack of visitors. Our supporters continued to support the place on a Saturday and our supporters association did our best to remain positive about the place and use it for functions but let's be honest, those who signed off on it's design totally fucked it. As Spider Rico says, thankfully none of them still in a position at the club.

The club now has ambitions for it to be used every day of the week by the local community so hopefully the current refurbishment will match those ambitions and the very least give us a much better facility where all supporters, home and away, can gather on match days.

Only commented as i think ours works pretty well, upstairs is used for matchday hospitality which is very popular & also for functions bands etc. At ground level we added a coffee shop which seems to do ok & the bar has Sky etc. I do not live in the town so dont get the chance of a pint very often with having to drive. Your set-up may have already been decided but if up on saturday its worth a look around.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

t was badly designed, had less capacity for functions, had no built in audio system, had no big screen for watching football, no Sky Sports, stopped selling certain beer, had no pool table .

Good! Bars are for drinking in, not enjoying yourself.

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

and what about this as our play off Anthem?

Might actually work as a run out tune. Anything that gets rid of that Slade guff we’ve been playing for a couple of years. Enjoy Yourself should also be re-instated for all goals. 

9 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

and what about this as our play off Anthem?

I have a nice memory of Elbow - One Day Like This playing after Galt scored that goal when we beat Clyde as we left Broadwood. It was quite fitting for the day. 

“One Day Like This a year would see me right, for life“

On 13/04/2022 at 10:56, Mick1867 said:

See Nobody Cares Meme - Imgflip

Jeezo! I go off on my annual sojourn of the finest vineyards and Brauhaus that southern Bavaria has to offer, and I come back to this. 

Instead of slurping the output of corporate brewing behemoths, I would rather be a bon vivant of the artisan and celebrate all that is good about prole society.

Quite honestly - youse can get tae Froach!  

Edited by CathcartSkins

Latest pics from Lesser this afternoon, all pipes have been laid for the pitch and what looks like the final layer of the pitch base has been laid. Hard to see in the picture, but pipes sticking up at regular intervals across pitch, presumably for sprinklers.

The alcove in the terracing on the West side of the ground is now filled by a water storage tank, and there has been the first visible sign of work on the East Stand for quite a few weeks, with casts being set up for pouring concrete to form the perimeter walls. 

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG