Queen’s Park 21/22

1 hour ago, Chester Desmond said:

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4334-dylan-reid-returns-from-queen-s-park

A strange situation.  At Queen's for a month, couldn't play for St Mirren when he went back.  

That's a bizarre one - doesn't even say he's been recalled. Even the wording about 'terms of original loan contract' is strange. 

Really disappointing news. I never had much confidence in lesser being ready for the start of the season in the first place but to think that ochilview was the best alternative option ? Rubbish 

They talk about sustainable structures to attract fans to the club. Not a chance a 50-60 mile round trip for home matches is going to entice much of the current fan base to attend regularly, never mind any locals or children. The chances of having neutrals or wee kids potentially wanting to watch us next season in the championship regularly will have been hampered by that news. 

Hopefully this isn’t for the whole season but the vagueness of the statement regarding timescales suggests that we’ll need to make ourselves comfy at ochilview next season 

The club really need to offer a free bus or something similar as some sort of compromise 

Edited by qpfc

3 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Really disappointing news. I never had much confidence in lesser being ready for the start of the season in the first place but to think that ochilview was the best alternative option ? Rubbish 

They talk about sustainable structures to attract fans to club. Not a chance a 50-60 mile round trip for home matches is going to entice much of the current fan base to attend regularly, never mind any locals or children. The chances of having neutrals or wee kids potentially wanting to watch us next season in the championship regularly will have been hampered by that news. 

Hopefully this isn’t for the whole season but the vagueness of the statement regarding timescales suggests that we’ll need to make ourselves comfy at ochilview next season 

The club really need to offer a free bus or something similar as some sort of compromise 

I demand free beer

What a horrendous decision to choose Stenny....unlucky!

Pitch is poor one of the worst surfaces I've seen with 3g/4g whatever it is getting called these days.As for the ground the stand  holds hardly anything and you have one bit behind the goal normally for away fans.

That statement is full of spin with little hard information. I wonder if it would have been issued were it not for the article in the Sun. Hunter, Dempster, et al, have surpassed even their considerable lack of communication and patronising skills with this. Hunter will go down as one of the worst presidents in my book and by God we have had some honeys over the years. Dempster is only there for Dempster. Doesn't give a shit about QP. Ochilview? I think not.

18 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Pitch is poor one of the worst surfaces I've seen with 3g/4g whatever it is getting called these days.As for the ground the stand  holds hardly anything and you have one bit behind the goal normally for away fans.

The pitch is being replaced just now and will be one of the best surfaces in the country.

18 minutes ago, mo83 said:

They are putting a new pitch in, so that won't be an issue.

I like Ochilview itself, that's not the problem. A 50/60 mile round trip for home games is.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

The pitch is being replaced just now and will be one of the best surfaces in the country.

Thanks Neilly. Nobody’s having a pop at Stenny. We’re just sick of being mugged by our own.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

They are putting a new pitch in, so that won't be an issue.

I like Ochilview itself, that's not the problem. A 50/60 mile round trip for home games is.

Travel costs and general disruption are consequences. I’m gobsmacked tbh about so many QP fans taking this lightly. The problem is crystal clear; the people running the club are not fit for purpose. Does anybody know what Dempster actually does? Other than lie.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

7 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Thanks Neville. Nobody’s having a pop at Stenny. We’re just sick of being mugged by our own.

Travel costs and general disruption are consequences. I’m gobsmacked tbh about so many QP fans taking this lightly. The problem is crystal clear; the people running the club are not fit for purpose. Does anybody know what Dempster actually does? Other than lie.

What do you make of the “raw materials” excuse they are coming out with?

Taking us for complete mugs 

10 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The train from Mount Florida to Larbert costs £10.20 return, requires you to leave at approximately 1pm to make it in time for a 3pm kickoff, and you need to change in the city centre between Central and Queen Street (not to mention the 15 minute walk between Larbert Station and Ochilview itself).

That is a massive, expensive, pain in the arse, which will probably be even more hassle if we ever have a midweek "home" game. If the club don't put free buses on then I wouldn't blame anyone who decides not to attend.

10 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Thanks Neville. Nobody’s having a pop at Stenny. We’re just sick of being mugged by our own.

I was just informing a Montrose fan as he was obviously not aware of the pitch situation. I never insinuated anyone was having a pop at us.

Don't take it out on me because your club treat you like dirt on their shoe.

I heard about this months ago and assumed it would never come to pass. Absolutely bonkers stuff really but should be a nice little earner for ourselves.

2 hours ago, Chester Desmond said:

Incompetency 

Correct Chester. This all goes back to the original contract agreed with the first buider. The club decided to halt construction with them in December 2022 and the dispute went to arbitration within the building industry. For whatever reason, QP last the case and it cost the club, I was told, about £600k. Our problems all start from there and in fairness to WH he is in my opinion doing his best to resolve matters. I think when the CEO made her statement about the East Stand being finished for the start of the season she did not think that we would get promotion, the way we were playing, nor did she realise that there might be a problem with materials. The club now must bend over backwards, to appease the members, and indeed our gallant supporters for the season ahead.

49 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

If the club don't put free buses on then I wouldn't blame anyone who decides not to attend.

If the club don't put buses on there's a strong case for fans refusing to go to games in protest. But it would only carry any weight if enough people got behind it.

Just how long do you need to build what is going to be the worst stand in the division? A miserable structure containing three rows of seats for the plebs while on the other side of the pitch (which has the best view of play) a ridiculous "director's stand" is to replace an already partially built much more substantial stand which is currently being demolished. A look at Google satellite view shows what could have been before Lesser Hampden Plan B was started. I guess the last chance for building a decent stand will be on the north side of the ground and that isn't even on the radar yet.

I like Ochilview but not as QP's home stadium thanks very much. For the first time in 20 years I can't see me renewing my season ticket.

53 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The train from Mount Florida to Larbert costs £10.20 return, requires you to leave at approximately 1pm to make it in time for a 3pm kickoff, and you need to change in the city centre between Central and Queen Street (not to mention the 15 minute walk between Larbert Station and Ochilview itself).

And that's assuming the trains are actually running.

59 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

That is a massive, expensive, pain in the arse, which will probably be even more hassle if we ever have a midweek "home" game. If the club don't put free buses on then I wouldn't blame anyone who decides not to attend.

Not saying it’s not. There’s nothing in that echo chamber today that says you won’t have more grief in the future. Maybe if we stopped going for a month they might take their responsibilities more seriously. 

With regard to an earlier comment re buses to Airdrie being subsidised, my understanding of that was it was negotiated into the price of the compensation we got from the SFA who no doubt would have been reimbursed by the Commonwealth Games. By contrast, last season’s travel to Firhill which was caused entirely by QPFC wasn’t funded at all. Don’t get your hopes up.