Queen’s Park 21/22

2 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

I walk past Lesser Hampden on a regular basis and despite the pitch now being down, I didn't think it would be ready for the start of next season. But Stenhousemuir as an alternative must be a bit of a hammer blow to the faithful?

Any feelgood factor within the club must be immediately crushed by farce and circus music. Those are the rules now.

1 hour ago, AJ77 said:

Fantastic to read another ambitious Queen's ParkTM press release. Haven't had one of those in a while. 

This is shite. 

3 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Fantastic to read another ambitious Queen's ParkTM press release. Haven't had one of those in a while. 

This is shite. 

It is worth bearing in mind it is the Sun & therefore not to be relied on as necessarily factual in any way.

A lazy "journalist" could have produced that article based on reading the last few pages on here. 

On the other hand, it could easily be true. It is certainly plausible. It is somewhat concerning that the article implies we would be at Ochilview for the entire season. That can only be in any way justified if at the end of it we have a complete stadium at Lesser with spectators on all 4 sides.

As I live in the Kingdom of Fife, Ochilview is fine for me. However I realise that it is shite for many fans and is another pothole in the road to getting to a decent stadium we can call our own. As previously mentioned it also means all the community stuff has largely been a waste of time and money.

If its true, it would be a good time for the club to apologise, announce a freeze (at least) on  ticket prices and supply free transport for fans.

We’d better not even think about raising prices. £20 to watch QP v Arbroath at Ochilview is Twilight Zone stuff. 
When the club announces this, they’d better not bullshit us and pretend this is anything other than a massive pain in the arse. A 50 mile round trip every second week isn’t going to attract a single new supporter and all of the free buses for school kids in the world won’t change that. We’re as well parking that side of things until we get home.
Just build the fucking stadium and stop leaking to the the scummiest rag on the planet to break the news please.
£20 to include bus from the Southside?

1 minute ago, Tangled web said:

£20 to include bus from the Southside?

They’re going to need to sweeten the pill. The support didn’t get us into this farce. 50 mile round trip every second week is going to have to have some sort of cushion for supporters. They shouldn’t think they can just rely on blind loyalty. 

On 23/05/2022 at 19:34, Ben Reilly said:

Does anyone know what went on with Dylan Reid? Watching him play for Scotland u17s this evening (along with Cameron Bruce).

If I remember right we took him on loan from St Mirren but he was away again very quickly without ever appearing for us.

Did St Mirren recall him or did we not fancy him?

I don't think we recalled him as it wasn't announced and he hasn't featured on our bench post-split or in some of the games before that despite some games where we were not exactly full strength an d naming only 5 subs. I had presumed you didn't fancy him.

42 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

This is shite. 

You surely can't be serious of playing at Ochilview. Surely there is another team closer by that would share. 

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Don’t remember this getting mentioned on Leeann Dempster’s latest podcast appearance.

Quite frankly I’m fed up hearing about 10 year plans and 50 year leases when after all this time we still have a mess of a building site at Lesser Hampden and are about to play “home” matches at Ochilfuckingview.

Wonder if the Club President will go back into hiding. I noticed he emerged with a video message from the promotion celebrations…..

Perhaps worth noting that at the upcoming AGM, due this month (Articles of Association) the President's two-year tenure lapses and a new President is to be elected. Information on which should have been presented to members by March. The video had an air of "signing off" about it.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

12 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I don't think we recalled him as it wasn't announced and he hasn't featured on our bench post-split or in some of the games before that despite some games where we were not exactly full strength an d naming only 5 subs. I had presumed you didn't fancy him.

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4334-dylan-reid-returns-from-queen-s-park

A strange situation.  At Queen's for a month, couldn't play for St Mirren when he went back.  

1 minute ago, flyingscot said:

I'm sure I recall reading somewhere when Robinson came in at St Mirren he called him back as he wanted "a closer look at him", but trying to find that article now is almost impossible with the amount of transfer speculation surrounding him. 

The Ochilview news & imminent confirmation is depressing stuff. The wave of optimism following the playoff victory firmly crashing down today. The club have to take the hit here and ensure that home game buses are put on for fans who want them. All the good work done last season in community outreach will be for nothing if we have anything longer than half a season playing in Larbert. For me personally, it's a £17 train ticket on god knows what timetable Scotrail have running by the start of the season, or about £25 in petrol based on current prices on top of a ticket. 

But, if I do choose the train, it's fortnightly trips to the Station Bar and the Warriors. A proper social club. The only slight silver lining to this miserable cloud.

They’re going to need to sweeten the pill. The support didn’t get us into this farce. 50 mile round trip every second week is going to have to have some sort of cushion for supporters. They shouldn’t think they can just rely on blind loyalty. 
Hopefully if it is true it's not for the whole season. Key for me is that we don't cut ticket prices for the armies of away fans that we were concerned about a few pages ago. Maybe a £10 (or so) membership of the QPSA gets you a free bus to Ochilview and a couple of quid off the match ticket price?
Apart from maintaining revenue from away fans that would capture more supporter data for future marketing and communications. If that isn't generous enough the £10 could be part or fully redeemable against club merchandise. Season tickets (which I guess will be up around the £300 mark) then get the QPSA membership included. That sort of thing works for me

14 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Lesser Hampden this evening. 67 days until the Championship commences. I'm doubtful this will be ready on time.

e4ad7273a446c1853e3ac2c56fe942df.jpg780248fdb19b007bce8d7120a8732ae2.jpgb924fb48985dc49e5a7792e21f82c9c5.jpg

Okay, I'll go first. Absolutely nae danger this will be ready for July, or August. Or even Christmas by the look of it. What is worrying me more is the lack of building actually coming out of the ground. All the civil work is very necessary but even on a small project like this I would expect to see some phased progress. The east stand was a party trick as the steel structure was already on site. The dressing rooms are essentially designer huts that have been clad to look part of the structure. 

I sense that this is not being led on site by a project or construction manager. And for the CEO to confirm at the start of March that it would be open, in part at least, come the new season shows she is either a) not competent to speak on this matter or b) has employed more people who don't know how to work to a programme/design or c) both of these. Collectively, the new order are giving the old order stiff competition for the prize of how to wreck a football club in less than 3 years. The winner gets a gold-plated Jenga set.

The Plan A for the renegotiation of Hampden was the hope and wish that the SFA would just sign up to another long-term lease. They must be patting themselves on the back that they cut the wire between us. It's embarrassing.

As for the short-term solution, I suspect all our chips are on black again and we're once more beholding to our mysterious benefactor. A man who likes to stay in the shadows but wiped out a 900 seat West stand to be replaced with a 40 seat Director's stand. It would be really nice if whatever his grand plan is could be shared with the rest of us.

19 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That’s not fair - I haven’t seen any Queens fans be pro-rape yet. 

Maybe not. But their groundhopping is of Clyde proportions. How on earth can't they get a 2000 capacity ground completed in over 2 seasons?