Queen’s Park 21/22

If we were still playing at Hampden, and thus under the notion that we could still attract decent players because of that, would we have voted to turn pro?

We all wish it was on our own terms but, in hindsight, leaving the place is the best thing ever to happen to us.   

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Sorry I just done it off the top of my head. Think Hamilton’s is also very generous by the way as is Inverness. Places feel empty. Think they 2 definitely do that season ticket thing. 

Big Hampden would be ideal 

Cumbernauld maybe be better option than some you’ve mentioned 

Cumbernauld is the worst of all options. Terrible transport links from the Southside. A trudge through nothingness to get there from the station. Generic rubbish pub that you’d have to walk by the stadium to get to and then walk back down. Hampden, Scotstoun or Motherwell would be preferable. How realistic any of those would be is another matter.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

How much debt did Queens have before the sale and how much do you have after it? 

Our debt was about £40m, in that, when rebuilding Hampden we received money and grants that had to be repaid if we could not guarantee football at Hampden for 40 years. If the SFA moved away with their games we were in big  trouble and the SFA knew that. Hence £5m, £2.5 down and £250k each season for 10 years.

We now have no debts apart from trading ones.

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

Our debt was about £40m, in that, when rebuilding Hampden we received money and grants that had to be repaid if we could not guarantee football at Hampden for 40 years. If the SFA moved away with their games we were in big  trouble and the SFA knew that. Hence £5m, £2.5 down and £250k each season for 10 years.

We now have no debts apart from trading ones.

FWIW, I still very much doubt that the "Debenture" "Debt" and the Lottery "Debt" would ever have been called in.  I'm sure no one in the UK Lottery even was aware that they still had a lien on Hampden after all that time had passed and who was going to act on behalf of the Debenture holders?

Indeed, can anyone provide some transparency on the Hampden Debentures - I, unusually, can find no evidence of a secondary market for them and there is nothing about them whatsoever on the SFA Website. 

14 minutes ago, CTQP1867 said:

who was going to act on behalf of the Debenture holders?

I'm sure that some ambulance chasing type lawyer would have been happy to take up the cudgels on behalf of the debenture holders for a healthy slice of the proceeds.

8 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Please leave the room, draw a deep breath, count to ten if you can, re-enter the room and just look at the nonsense your keyboard has produced. You may want to reconsider.

Or don't take me so seriously, Willie. If at all. No wonder I rant; it seems that some are desperately seeking the next thing to get angry about.

It'll all work out fine.

10 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Or don't take me so seriously, Willie. If at all. No wonder I rant; it seems that some are desperately seeking the next thing to get angry about.

Must have been that German beer 

On 23/05/2022 at 17:09, Northsea80 said:

I get that since the original plans have been scrapped it cost a lot of time and money but surely the quickest way to get fans back would have been to stick with extending the west stand down to track level, having that seated and building the east stand? This limited seating directors stand in the west stands place seems little more than a vanity project for those in charge. Will that eventually be extended to a proper stand over time?

The new stadium isn't brilliant but I'll accept it for what it is. Apart from the ridiculous 'Directors Stand'. That's a poke in the eye to our loyal support. I just can't think why they might have chosen this set up. It actually saddens me.

1 hour ago, GM1867 said:

The new stadium isn't brilliant but I'll accept it for what it is. Apart from the ridiculous 'Directors Stand'. That's a poke in the eye to our loyal support. I just can't think why they might have chosen this set up. It actually saddens me.

Exactly.

A big chunk of the West side of the “stadium” taken up by a glorified directors box. It doesn’t even have enough space for hospitality guests. Ridiculous indeed.

Edited by Spider Rico

Nothing embarrssing about it all; have you seen some of the average attendances in the Championship this season.
As for what are we doing about it; there will be the continual development of Lesser over the next two or three seasons; do we really need to waste money on a capacity of say, anymore than 3,000? 
Yes every team had am average attendance above 1000. Pretty piss poor as a visiting fan not being able to watch your team.

It’s a temporary situation. I’d rather have 900 seats and no away fans for three - six months rather than go to Broadwood for a year. The QP fans have been through enough the last few years.
Let's get realistic, the money generated by the away fans you don't want in will probably pay for your staduim rent at a place like Broadwood.

11 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
On 21/05/2022 at 16:17, Ben Reilly said:
Not buying, but signing a 50 year lease on 1st June and will be primary tenant so we can develop it to suit our needs.

By lochinch you mean the Police Scotland members owned pitches?

Yes, it's the pitches used by the police plus the building on that site. We have been training there since the start of last season.

To be honest I don't know who we are actually leasing it from. I had assumed that the police had leased it from the council/Glasgow Life given its in the middle of a public park, and that we would be taking over the lease from them. But perhaps we are leasing it from the police themselves. Either way, apparently we will now be the main tenant and able to further develop the site to better suit our longer term plans having already done a fair bit of work there over the last year.

Yes, it's the pitches used by the police plus the building on that site. We have been training there since the start of last season.
To be honest I don't know who we are actually leasing it from. I had assumed that the police had leased it from the council/Glasgow Life given its in the middle of a public park, and that we would be taking over the lease from them. But perhaps we are leasing it from the police themselves. Either way, apparently we will now be the main tenant and able to further develop the site to better suit our longer term plans having already done a fair bit of work there over the last year.
The ground I think is owned by the police recreational association. Makes sense to allow it to be lease out as it was only used for occasional games of football and Rugby.

6 hours ago, foreverarover said:

The ground I think is owned by the police recreational association. Makes sense to allow it to be lease out as it was only used for occasional games of football and Rugby.

Sounds like a win win, so here's hoping it stays that way.

12 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Don’t remember this getting mentioned on Leeann Dempster’s latest podcast appearance.

Quite frankly I’m fed up hearing about 10 year plans and 50 year leases when after all this time we still have a mess of a building site at Lesser Hampden and are about to play “home” matches at Ochilfuckingview.

Wonder if the Club President will go back into hiding. I noticed he emerged with a video message from the promotion celebrations…..

We’d better not even think about raising prices. £20 to watch QP v Arbroath at Ochilview is Twilight Zone stuff. 

When the club announces this, they’d better not bullshit us and pretend this is anything other than a massive pain in the arse. A 50 mile round trip every second week isn’t going to attract a single new supporter and all of the free buses for school kids in the world won’t change that. We’re as well parking that side of things until we get home.

Just build the fucking stadium and stop leaking to the the scummiest rag on the planet to break the news please.