Queen’s Park 21/22

Just now, Arachnophile said:

Spot on.

If the play off games showed anything, it's that football is best when played in front of a good number of fans of both teams.

Why I love the Championship.

It’s so good for that. Obviously lost two massive clubs in Kilmarnock and Dunfermline but Dundee will replace one of them. A whole different experience. Said it in cove thread too but I think L1 last season looked so bad for away days. No offence meant here but East Fife / Dumbarton / Airdrie / Clyde all terrible places as away days. Falkirk I thought was quite similarly shite but a good crowd helped. The best looked to be Montrose by a mile, Peterhead and Alloa are ok.

Dunfermline and Killie were probably 2 of my favourites but Firhill, Dens, Kirkcaldy, Morton, Ayr, Inverness (ground terrible but good city) / Perth, ourselves all great days. Even Hamilton is decent enough, train and good pub close by. 

I think you’ll love next season you’ll probably have a good team on the park too

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dunfermline and Killie were probably 2 of my favourites but Firhill, Dens, Kirkcaldy, Morton, Ayr, Inverness (ground terrible but good city) / Perth, ourselves all great days. Even Hamilton is decent enough, train and good pub close by. 

I think you’ll love next season you’ll probably have a good team on the park too

Am looking forward to it, my Auld Git Rail Card will be getting well used next season.

5 hours ago, Tangled web said:

This is where I am at. The temporary facilities can be standing or a mix of seating and standing. Covered or not.

There will be no room at the start of the season for any standing support as, apart from the East Stand, the rest will be a building site. Once the South Stand is finished there will be room for 500 away supporters but, until then, in the words of our CEO, " there will be 200 seats for away fans no matter who we are playing ".

Regarding NathanQP's comment, re away supporters,  he should be ashamed of himself , QP will welcome as many away fans as it is safe to have until all building work is finished.

11 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Am looking forward to it, my Auld Git Rail Card will be getting well used next season.

I was going to say let's hope those running ScotRail aren't in charge of the Lesser build as well, but with their track record...

A week of still being absolutely buzzing at promotion but now we have to start looking forward and like many others I'm also worried at the progress made at Lesser. Vaguely recall talking to some of the decision makers at the club last week (while some of us were very much able to celebrate) and when I asked if they thought Lesser would be ready for the season I was literally given this response "🤏".

Always thought we should have taken advantage of the year away and built a 3000-4000 capacity stadium. Even if we hadn't gone up this year and it sat mostly empty for another year, it would have prevented more than one season of disruption. Now we're struggling to keep up with the rapid progress on the park.

The thought that we should lock the doors once 900 home fans are in and tell everyone else to deal with it is a non-starter. And sorry but to say "Queen's fans have been through enough recently" is outright embarrassing. Back to back promotions and what looks like a future ahead for our club that the majority of league clubs could and likely will be jealous of, you'll find few subscribing to the idea we're hard done to.

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

I was going to say let's hope those running ScotRail aren't in charge of the Lesser build as well, but with their track record...

A week of still being absolutely buzzing at promotion but now we have to start looking forward and like many others I'm also worried at the progress made at Lesser. Vaguely recall talking to some of the decision makers at the club last week (while some of us were very much able to celebrate) and when I asked if they thought Lesser would be ready for the season I was literally given this response "🤏".

Always thought we should have taken advantage of the year away and built a 3000-4000 capacity stadium. Even if we hadn't gone up this year and it sat mostly empty for another year, it would have prevented more than one season of disruption. Now we're struggling to keep up with the rapid progress on the park.

The thought that we should lock the doors once 900 home fans are in and tell everyone else to deal with it is a non-starter. And sorry but to say "Queen's fans have been through enough recently" is outright embarrassing. Back to back promotions and what looks like a future ahead for our club that the majority of league clubs could and likely will be jealous of, you'll find few subscribing to the idea we're hard done to.

You are right Dave, the plan, from what I hear, was what you have just said, however, the Club fell out with the original builder, and work was stopped on Lesser on 31/12/21. This delay has cost us dearly, both in time and financially, and thankfully the CEO and WH are doing their very best to sort out the situation.,

Even if we don't allow away fans in, we could absolutely attract more than 990 home fans for a big match in the Championship, and I don't think knocking folk back who are interested in coming along to games due to a lack of space would be the best way to endear them to the club.

39 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Even if we don't allow away fans in, we could absolutely attract more than 990 home fans for a big match in the Championship, and I don't think knocking folk back who are interested in coming along to games due to a lack of space would be the best way to endear them to the club.

Think the 1,500 would be just about fine for a wee bit, but really need to be looking at getting the rest of the stadium sorted more quickly. When we played Thistle at the turn of the century, there was a crowd of 4000. 

There will be no room at the start of the season for any standing support as, apart from the East Stand, the rest will be a building site. Once the South Stand is finished there will be room for 500 away supporters but, until then, in the words of our CEO, " there will be 200 seats for away fans no matter who we are playing ".
Regarding NathanQP's comment, re away supporters,  he should be ashamed of himself , QP will welcome as many away fans as it is safe to have until all building work is finished.
Ah okay I didn't know that. I thought we could squeeze a few hundred in and maybe get to 1500 or so which is around where some of the current clubs were last season with Killie and Dunfermline in the Championship. Anyone like to hazard a guess at where we might share and what sort of attendances might realistically be achieved there? Not including Hampden of course.

4 minutes ago, an86 said:

Think the 1,500 would be just about fine for a wee bit, but really need to be looking at getting the rest of the stadium sorted more quickly. When we played Thistle at the turn of the century, there was a crowd of 4000. 

Agreed, it would be fine as a temporary maximum capacity.

I can't believe someone seriously suggested that we don't allow any away fans in at all. An absolutely honkin' take.

29 minutes ago, Tangled web said:
1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

Ah okay I didn't know that. I thought we could squeeze a few hundred in and maybe get to 1500 or so which is around where some of the current clubs were last season with Killie and Dunfermline in the Championship. Anyone like to hazard a guess at where we might share and what sort of attendances might realistically be achieved there? Not including Hampden of course.

Kilmarnock had good supports at Gayfield for Friday nights. Probably about 600. Dunfermline was not great though (understandable considering their season) Only Hamilton with 1400 and Queen of the South with 1100 were below 1500 as an average. Also the average figures should really all be higher, each team had 2/3 home games capped at 500 and with all the rescheduled games there were so many midweek games. Imagine each club would be 2/300 better off than the averages shown here

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-championship/attendances

Edited by 1320Lichtie

12 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Still a long way to go but I see Lesser has what looks it’s first layer of grass now. It’s starting to look like a football stadium again, fingers crossed it’s sorted for August.

I trust the people in charge to get it right.

image.png.e3a7f653e445133c2ce1114e4a5284a5.png

I get that since the original plans have been scrapped it cost a lot of time and money but surely the quickest way to get fans back would have been to stick with extending the west stand down to track level, having that seated and building the east stand? This limited seating directors stand in the west stands place seems little more than a vanity project for those in charge. Will that eventually be extended to a proper stand over time?

27 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

I get that since the original plans have been scrapped it cost a lot of time and money but surely the quickest way to get fans back would have been to stick with extending the west stand down to track level, having that seated and building the east stand? This limited seating directors stand in the west stands place seems little more than a vanity project for those in charge. Will that eventually be extended to a proper stand over time?

Who knows? I find it quite distasteful as it stands.

32 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Dom Thomas left the Pars with him rumoured to be joining you guys.  
Any idea how many years he has signed for as very good signing for championship 

This was rumoured before we even beat Dunfermline, which is why he didn't play against us. Suspect it'll be a very good contract if we were prepared to sign him potentially in League One.

Does anyone know what went on with Dylan Reid? Watching him play for Scotland u17s this evening (along with Cameron Bruce).

If I remember right we took him on loan from St Mirren but he was away again very quickly without ever appearing for us.

Did St Mirren recall him or did we not fancy him?

13 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Does anyone know what went on with Dylan Reid? Watching him play for Scotland u17s this evening (along with Cameron Bruce).

If I remember right we took him on loan from St Mirren but he was away again very quickly without ever appearing for us.

Not sure, but being linked with Bayern, Benfica and Celtic now.

16 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

I thought he looked pretty poor in his two cameo appearances for us, but that was during a period of time where we were lacking any real management to be fair. Doubt we'll ever know what actually happened.

10 hours ago, NathanQP said:

The current QP support is less than 900, why should we go elsewhere if we can accommodate our own fans at Lesser. Who cares if some away fans can’t get in. 

Correct. F them. For 150 plus years we gave Scottish football a neutral venue so that it didn't have to kow-tow to the Old Firm to use their parks and the thanks we got was getting pumped out of Hampden for buttons.

I'm particularly looking forward to welcoming Hibs if we ever do and giving them f**k all tickets as a thanks to Rod Petrie for his part in our situation.

Edited by Hampden Diehard