Queen’s Park 21/22

2 hours ago, Tangled web said:
On 21/05/2022 at 19:55, an86 said:
990 seats simply isn’t feasible in the Championship. It’d actually be less with segregation taken into consideration. We’d probably have gotten away with it in League One for a wee while, but even the smallest away supports will be in three figures next season.
Hamilton is out. Airdrie is out because I think the Uni and Celtic B are also playing there. Firhill is out. Broadwood is a depressing possibility. Hampden would be the best for us, but fixtures would need to be sorted to fit around gigs until late August. Fir Park is the rumour I’ve heard and would make sense in terms of the new hybrid pitch and relationship with Leeann Dempster.

990 seats is more than Arbroath have. I don't know whether there is an option for some limited standing round the pitch. Notwithstanding I doubt whether there will be more than 990 QP fans at the games so any ground share will either be for financial benefit (How much however would the likes of Killie or Motherwell want to ground share?) Or would it simply be to allow a bigger away support? How much will it cost QP fans to get to Broadwood or Ochilview? For me a capacity of 990 is fine. Let's go home.

Arbroath had 5,000 at their game against Caley, so can’t be compared. It’ll actually be less than 990 when segregation comes into play. Every team in the league could/would bring a three figure away support. Thistle could fill our stadium themselves. Temporary stand or sharing are the only two realistic options.

Getting back to Lesser has to be the number one priority. Hopefully we can put up temporary spectator facilities to allow that to happen as soon as possible.
This is where I am at. The temporary facilities can be standing or a mix of seating and standing. Covered or not.

27 minutes ago, Tangled web said:

This is where I am at. The temporary facilities can be standing or a mix of seating and standing. Covered or not.

I don't think anyone on here is not desperate to get back to LH asap. The only debate has been whether that is desirable with a capacity of under 1,000.

Hopefully the club can sort something out to get the capacity up to c1,500 by the time the league kicks off in 68 days.

They can play the league cup games in the San Siro for all I care.

34 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I don't think anyone on here is not desperate to get back to LH asap. The only debate has been whether that is desirable with a capacity of under 1,000.

Hopefully the club can sort something out to get the capacity up to c1,500 by the time the league kicks off in 68 days.

They can play the league cup games in the San Siro for all I care.

Exactly this. I’m dying to get back to Lesser, but playing Thistle or Dundee at home with less than 900 tickets is not a credible option. We can’t have loads of people, either home or away fans, who would otherwise regularly attend games being locked out if there are other options. 

6 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

The current QP support is less than 900, why should we go elsewhere if we can accommodate our own fans at Lesser. Who cares if some away fans can’t get in. 

It’s money and a lot of it

whats hospitality situation at Lesser and how is it actually looking right now 

eta - and it is also A pretty shitey attitude to away fans that. Imagine every club thought the same... no away days..... 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

The current QP support is less than 900, why should we go elsewhere if we can accommodate our own fans at Lesser. Who cares if some away fans can’t get in. 

I mean, your board would, surely. I know you’re getting external funding just now, but can’t imagine they would be keen to turn down opportunities for more revenue.

I guess the other aspect is the role they having some big away crowds in could play in enticing new QP fans to attend. Particularly our game, you could market it as some ‘alternative Glasgow derby’ (even though I’m sure no one from either side really sees it as such) and having a big crowd in, on both sides, could help make it a great occasion and a big success for you guys. 

15 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Do you expect other clubs to let you in?

15 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It’s money and a lot of it

whats hospitality situation at Lesser and how is it actually looking right now 

eta - and it is also A pretty shitey attitude to away fans that. Imagine every club thought the same... no away days..... 

It’s a temporary situation. I’d rather have 900 seats and no away fans for three - six months rather than go to Broadwood for a year. The QP fans have been through enough the last few years.

5 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

It’s a temporary situation. I’d rather have 900 seats and no away fans for three - six months rather than go to Broadwood for a year. The QP fans have been through enough the last few years.

Been through enough? Aye it must be shite selling your stadium for millions and back to back promotions, really feel for you's.

9 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

What do you mean you’ve been through enough?

And that’s a terrible attitude to have for me. Away fans are a big part of football and getting to the football is a massive thing in some people’s life’s and weeks. 

In hindsight maybe an agreement on playing at Hampden until Lesser was developed might’ve been the way to go

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What do you mean you’ve been through enough?

And that’s a terrible attitude to have for me. Away fans are a big part of football and getting to the football is a massive thing in some people’s life’s and weeks. 

In hindsight maybe an agreement on playing at Hampden until Lesser was developed might’ve been the way to go

Two great years on the park but fans haven’t been able to celebrate properly as one was behind a computer screen and the other was at Firhill.

I agree, getting back to Hampden for a temporary stay would be the ideal situation

37 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

I’d suggest that treating opposition fans like they don’t matter isn’t a great way to proceed for us. Would we be pleased if we couldn’t see our team because another club couldn’t build their ground competently?

The fact that our ground isn’t ready is 100% on our club. I don’t see why opposition fans should be missing out in large numbers because of that. It’s up to us to find a solution to that, one way or another.

Too late now but the hard fact is Lesser Hampden was never the right choice to match our long term growth. It was expedient at the time and we messed it up. To suggest that we should stop away fans coming to games is just plain madness. I would also think that 900 will not house QP fans who want to attend. Promotion will bring in some more and there was still a number who could or would not go to Firhill. This debacle is not going away any time soon.

Just a reminder…we’ve been trying to upgrade (that’s all it is) Lesser for two years and it’s still not near ready. The Millennium refurbishment of Hampden was less than that. You could build a new village with 500 new homes in 2 years. The Shard was built in 2 years. 

I understand the logic of QP fans first but the club ethics was about improving the game and taking it to others, not locking them out because of our clusterfuck organisation. We need to see some creative thinking from the boardroom, and soon. Although I suspect the best solution will come through friends and relationships.

Two great years on the park but fans haven’t been able to celebrate properly as one was behind a computer screen and the other was at Firhill.

I'm sorry you weren't able to celebrate. I sensed that most of our fans managed to celebrate pretty well last Sunday.

I agree, getting back to Hampden for a temporary stay would be the ideal situation

Common sense would suggest playing at Hampden on a temporary basis.

Sadly common sense is in short supply in some quarters.

Hopefully our great leaders will be able to get something in place at Lesser.

My heart bleeds for you

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

I care.

The away day is one of best experiences that following your team provides. The ground I looked forward to the least was Hampden; am hoping that being at Lesser will become as good an away day for opposing fans as I've had in visiting Arbroath, Elgin, Annan, along with many others.      

4 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

I care.

The away day is one of best experiences that following your team provides. The ground I looked forward to the least was Hampden; am hoping that being at Lesser will become as good an away day for opposing fans as I've had in visiting Arbroath, Elgin, Annan, along with many others.      

Spot on.

If the play off games showed anything, it's that football is best when played in front of a good number of fans of both teams.