Queen’s Park 21/22

Sorry if it's been mentioned several times elsewhere, but I couldn't find info on Google.

Where are Queen's Park playing their homes games next season? For some reason I thought I remembered hearing it was Hamilton, or have I just totally made that up?

In any event, can someone please confirm where it will be?

4 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned several times elsewhere, but I couldn't find info on Google.

Where are Queen's Park playing their homes games next season? For some reason I thought I remembered hearing it was Hamilton, or have I just totally made that up?

Clyde are the ones playing at Hamilton.

4 hours ago, Benidorm said:

Whats the deal with Lochinch? Is the club buying it and developing it?

Not buying, but signing a 50 year lease on 1st June and will be primary tenant so we can develop it to suit our needs.

7 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

Supposedly we'll be in Lesser in time for the league starting, but that seems very ambitious given its current state.

Our early League Cup games are likely to be elsewhere, but despite a few rumours on here, nothing is confirmed yet.

It won't be Hamilton as Clyde will also be playing there next season.

3 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Supposedly we'll be in Lesser in time for the league starting, but that seems very ambitious given its current state.

Our early League Cup games are likely to be elsewhere, but despite a few rumours on here, nothing is confirmed yet.

990 seats simply isn’t feasible in the Championship. It’d actually be less with segregation taken into consideration. We’d probably have gotten away with it in League One for a wee while, but even the smallest away supports will be in three figures next season.

Hamilton is out. Airdrie is out because I think the Uni and Celtic B are also playing there. Firhill is out. Broadwood is a depressing possibility. Hampden would be the best for us, but fixtures would need to be sorted to fit around gigs until late August. Fir Park is the rumour I’ve heard and would make sense in terms of the new hybrid pitch and relationship with Leeann Dempster.

16 minutes ago, an86 said:

990 seats simply isn’t feasible in the Championship. It’d actually be less with segregation taken into consideration. We’d probably have gotten away with it in League One for a wee while, but even the smallest away supports will be in three figures next season.

Hamilton is out. Airdrie is out because I think the Uni and Celtic B are also playing there. Firhill is out. Broadwood is a depressing possibility. Hampden would be the best for us, but fixtures would need to be sorted to fit around gigs until late August. Fir Park is the rumour I’ve heard and would make sense in terms of the new hybrid pitch and relationship with Leeann Dempster.

Can't believe any Premier team (not plastic) would allow/want/need anyone to share 

1 minute ago, kilMARKnock said:

Can't believe any Premier team (not plastic) would allow/want/need anyone to share 

Aye, same tbh. Was actually someone from Motherwell who mentioned it to me. It would need to be seriously worth their while.

6 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Clyde are the ones playing at Hamilton.

6 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Ah ok, yeah I just remembered it being announced that someone was sharing with Hamilton and thought it was Queens.

So it’s lesser Hampden for league games then. Something different I suppose. Cheers.

Money is money.

Kilmarnock is surely a better bet than Motherwell given the good road and rail links to the southside and the fact the pitch will withstand it though.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Money is money.

Kilmarnock is surely a better bet than Motherwell given the good road and rail links to the southside and the fact the pitch will withstand it though.

Get that, but you see the obvious detrimental effect it had on Thistle (which wasn't a surprise) and surely not worth the risk.

990 seats is more than Arbroath have. I don't know whether there is an option for some limited standing round the pitch. Notwithstanding I doubt whether there will be more than 990 QP fans at the games so any ground share will either be for financial benefit (How much however would the likes of Killie or Motherwell want to ground share?) Or would it simply be to allow a bigger away support? How much will it cost QP fans to get to Broadwood or Ochilview? For me a capacity of 990 is fine. Let's go home.

1 hour ago, Tangled web said:
23 hours ago, an86 said:

990 seats is more than Arbroath have. I don't know whether there is an option for some limited standing round the pitch. Notwithstanding I doubt whether there will be more than 990 QP fans at the games so any ground share will either be for financial benefit (How much however would the likes of Killie or Motherwell want to ground share?) Or would it simply be to allow a bigger away support? How much will it cost QP fans to get to Broadwood or Ochilview? For me a capacity of 990 is fine. Let's go home.

Can't agree with this at all. We need to be more ambitious, and a capacity of 990 (possibly 750 after we give the away teams a fair allocation?) doesn't allow any room for growth at all. I've already had several people who have never watched Queen's before mention to me that they'd like to come along to some games next season. 1500 is the absolute minimum, I think.

23 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

A hybrid pitch would be up to the job, short term. Outside of the OF I doubt if anyone would turn down the money. As we will also have a hybrid pitch I don’t see anything in the SPFL laws that would stop us switching to Lesser at any given time. Lesser won’t be ready for July but we only need a stand, pitch, dressing rooms, floodlights and turnstiles opened to get the Bronze license. All of which is well under way. The south stand and hospitality etc can follow at their own pace.

Where there’s a will…

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks