Queen’s Park 21/22

5 hours ago, Neilly said:

I've heard you are going to groundshare with us for the early part of next season so assuming the ground ain't near ready yet.

Would have thought Broadwood would have made more sense a bit of a pain in the arse coming through here every second week for a home game.

If that is true it is the least bad option - especially for those of us going by public transport. Station Hotel beckons! 

Car drivers may well disagree with that.

24 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

If that is true it is the least bad option - especially for those of us going by public transport. Station Hotel beckons! 

Car drivers may well disagree with that.

Not at all. It would mean avoiding the queues across the Kingston Bridge.

7 hours ago, Neilly said:

I've heard you are going to groundshare with us for the early part of next season so assuming the ground ain't near ready yet.

Would have thought Broadwood would have made more sense a bit of a pain in the arse coming through here every second week for a home game.

Who is your team

7 hours ago, Neilly said:

Really depends on what we mean by early part of next season. If it's the early cup games (as suggested at the members meeting a while back) that's fine... if it's the start of the league campaign - that's pretty far from ideal. There's a rule at the back of my mind saying it would need to be 6 months, is there not? 

Bit of chat on here about attendances and whatnot. The real shame of the last 2 seasons is that we've not been on the southside. Winning the league in the no fans / covid season, doing well in the playoffs, plus all the great community stuff could have put hundreds on to our support already.  

I know of loads of new people who are interested in coming along next year - some keep asking when season tickets are on sale. And when I was a staggering hungover mess dropping the kids at school yesterday, there were a few parents who were really delighted we went up and are all set up for coming along and bringing their kids next year too. 

Disastrous if we can't capitalise on this success.  

Been talk of Fir Park and it would make more sense than most. They’ll also have a new hybrid pitch and we might want consistency of surface. Leeann Dempster’s relationship with the club a possible factor as well. 

In terms of travel time, it’s not actually that much longer than Firhill if you’re trundling through the city centre on a bus. Can get a train from the Southside, quick change at Newton, and be in Motherwell in half an hour.

The best solution would be Hampden, but there are gigs there in July and August, so you’re looking at immediately probably having to play the League Cup elsewhere anyway. 

We cannot play Championship football with 990 seats. Going to need to fire a golf stand/gazebo type stand up the north side, whilst the south is being built or something. Will be folk more qualified than I am who’ll know how feasible that is and the various criteria that’d likely have to be met.

On 16/05/2022 at 10:15, Mr November said:

For all there were some comments about the Queen’s Park support, it was them who made all the noise yesterday. 

Yeah. The important thing for me is that everyone who managed to get to Airdrie got behind the team from the first minute to last. All the die hards that I've known over the many, many years I've been supporting us where there, that's all that matters to me (and sadly some others were let down by the trains) Folk who were there home and away every week when we finished rock bottom of League 2 and the 3rd division. Some of them were in tears on Sunday at the final whistle. First time playing in the second tier since season 82/83 - when I was a ball boy!

We all know we're not amateur anymore and we've moved onto a different level with increased expectations. It remains to be seen if full time football can be sustained long term (I'm doubtful) and we'll have to attract new fans for a start, along with getting the proper structures in place. All our current support can do is go along for the ride and enjoy the good times when they happen.

Surely the redevelopment plans for Lesser Hampden are looking woefully inadequate now?

Just look at us (Arbroath) to see what a bit of success, the feel good factor and engagement with the town/locality can achieve. We were probably averaging similar crowds to QP 6 or 7 years ago but we had 1200+ season tickets last year (I’m sure that’ll go up quite a bit next season) and increasing home attendances, culminating in 3100 for a meaningless match v Morton and over 5100 (around 4500 home fans) at the playoff.

I would also imagine there’ll be quite a lot of travelling fans wanting to go to the away games against yourselves as it’s something completely different for most - as it was with us when we came up.

You guys have a lot of potential, would be a shame not to be able to capitalise properly.

Edited by Tattie36

Think Leeann Dempster mentioned it as having a potential capacity of just under 4,000. That will do fine. Even Thistle average under that with and they have a decent support.

I’d rather have a stadium where demand very occasionally outstripped supply than be sitting somewhere with loads of empty seats every other week.

2 minutes ago, an86 said:

Think Leeann Dempster mentioned it as having a potential capacity of just under 4,000. That will do fine. Even Thistle average under that with and they have a decent support.

I’d rather have a stadium where demand very occasionally outstripped supply than be sitting somewhere with loads of empty seats every other week.

I thought I read somewhere it was around 1700 or was that just seats? 4K would be plenty.

Edited by Tattie36

20 hours ago, annan4eva said:

Buying a promotion hardly equates to brilliance ?

Mate, even amateur QP managed to win the League 1 play offs - twice! Who knows, maybe just pay your players travelling expenses next season and it could be your year 😉

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

I thought I read somewhere it was around 1700 or was that just seats? 4K would be plenty.

The initial plans are under 2000, but the potential if it being just under 4000 with all four sides built was mentioned on a recent podcast. I’d expect we’ll be looking to hurry this along.

Getting back home is so important. Sunday night was really the first time everyone at the club has been together since the huge changes at the club. It’s nearly impossible to build connections between club, support and community if you don’t have a focal point.

3 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

There's a rule at the back of my mind saying it would need to be 6 months, is there not? 

At Airdrie, we had to complete half the season there so that all our opponents each had one game on artificial and the second fixture on grass. If we had moved back after the first round of games, when Hampden was ready, some teams would have complained. So if it was about fairness and the pitch surface maybe if we are at a ground that also has a hybrid would allow us more flexibility when Lesser is complete?  

37 minutes ago, David kaye said:

Ta     don't fancy that

He's just fishing...Stenny's not on the list. The clues are fairly obvious...somewhere with a similar surface, somewhere with good/sizeable hospitality. Not Ibrox or Parkhead. Doesn't necessarily have to be the same venue for the league cup and the league fixtures. We have new people at the club now with different contacts in their phone book. Anything is possible!

There's technically an AGM due this month but I'd expect another (shorter) delay to answer this question which is critical to the opening of Lesser, and vice versa. There's also another milestone due on June 1 that will settle all the "whiff of Gretna" nonsense.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

I see we’ve been included in one of those clickbaity “five possible clubs for Scott Allan” now that he’s leaving Hibs. It’s going to be a particularly silly “silly season” I reckon.

22 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

They were underdogs against us and against Airdrie. Fair play to anyone who thought QP were going up after winning 11 of their 36 league matches.

Anyway, hope you enjoy Bonnyrigg.

Pity the Edinburgh City keeper had a worldly, deprived you a visit to Annan.