Queen’s Park 21/22

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Great to see Queen's Park promoted, you've always been my favourite Glasgow team. I think you'll be a major force in the Championship.

One thing puzzles me - why did you sell Hampden so cheaply? £4 Million sounds like you were ripped off.

It was actually £5m, but the club had debts from the rebuilding of Hampden, which the SFA agreed to take on, about £40m I believe.

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

It was actually £5m, but the club had debts from the rebuilding of Hampden, which the SFA agreed to take on, about £40m I believe.

Doesn't sound so bad then. Threatening to sell the land for development might have increased their offer 🤔

I had a similair conversation with Connell. If he can play consistently like he has done in the last fortnight then I'd be delighted if we could bring him in permanently.
I would also like us to make an offer to Smith, who just before half time yesterday I thought looked to be tiring, however he was still causing Airdrie (and his brother) problems over an hour later.
Pity he wasn't at that level for the whole season but he's definitely an x factor type of player and hope we're able to entice him into staying
What a day yesterday [emoji1665][emoji2764] Must admit I thought Coyle and Beuker were delusional when talking up the chances of promotion at the members update as other than Cove games the squad had done little to justify any optimism
Ye of little faith!
Trapdoor well and truly escaped upwards and onwards [emoji109]

49 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Buying a promotion hardly equates to brilliance ?

They were underdogs against us and against Airdrie. Fair play to anyone who thought QP were going up after winning 11 of their 36 league matches.

Anyway, hope you enjoy Bonnyrigg.

10 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

It gives the club a huge problem though. Playing in the championship in a stadium with a capacity of 1,000 will be totally embarrassing.

What are they going to do about it?

Nothing embarrssing about it all; have you seen some of the average attendances in the Championship this season.

As for what are we doing about it; there will be the continual development of Lesser over the next two or three seasons; do we really need to waste money on a capacity of say, anymore than 3,000? 

QP could easily top 1k home fans regular IMO. They've always had a core of about 4-600 and thats whilst grubbing as an amateur team in the bottom of the 42. Naturally you would expect more interest now they are moving up the divisions and theres money being spent heavily on community operations like never before. I'm in Rutherglen and I can see a presence for the club in the area now that I've never seen. Dare I say it, Hampden just wasn't a great place to watch QP games as well for obvious reasons. The catchment there is huge, you're talking probably around 100k people within a half an hour walk of the stadium. The Southside is an attractive place, especially around that area, its not Gretna or some pokey wee village in Ayrshire or Fife. I'd expect the games v Thistle would quite easily push over 2,000 and at least initially games v the likes of Dundee and even teams like Ayr and Morton would attract decent away supports that would push a couple of thousand if the capacity is there. The stands going up look like those prefab ones so I can't imagine they would take too long to fire up?

The danger upon returning is going to be if the team struggles off the bat and you end up not retaining these some newbies who are curious, so whilst its a case of possibly digesting too much too soon, its not a great division and theres a log jam now building up in L1 so could just have easily stagnated down there.

Is the ground likely to be ready? I can't imagine trips to Broadwood or Stenny for six months to a year would appeal at all.  

48 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Nothing embarrssing about it all; have you seen some of the average attendances in the Championship this season.

I just checked. The lowest average was QOS with 1,071. next Hamilton with 1,315 and then Morton with 1,600.  you might expect next season to be a little lower without Dunfermline and Kilmarnock travelling support but you would clearly expect to have games where the crowd exceed 1,000.

Maybe embarrassing is the wrong word - what about disappointing? I think the community stuff the club has been doing is great and I'd like to see it continue once we have our own home. It would be disappointing if that had to be curtailed because there isn't enough room. And of course, the point of the community stuff is that some of these folk will come back and pay money to see us. They will need somewhere to sit.

I would also hope that there is some local curiosity with folk coming along to see the new ground and again you'd some of them might come more than once.

48 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

As for what are we doing about it; there will be the continual development of Lesser over the next two or three seasons; do we really need to waste money on a capacity of say, anymore than 3,000? 

I don't think a capacity of much more than 3,000 is feasible on that site.  If we were even talking about 1,500 - 2,000 from the get go, I would not be disappointed (or embarrassed).

20 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I just checked. The lowest average was QOS with 1,071. next Hamilton with 1,315 and then Morton with 1,600.  you might expect next season to be a little lower without Dunfermline and Kilmarnock travelling support but you would clearly expect to have games where the crowd exceed 1,000.

Maybe embarrassing is the wrong word - what about disappointing? I think the community stuff the club has been doing is great and I'd like to see it continue once we have our own home. It would be disappointing if that had to be curtailed because there isn't enough room. And of course, the point of the community stuff is that some of these folk will come back and pay money to see us. They will need somewhere to sit.

I would also hope that there is some local curiosity with folk coming along to see the new ground and again you'd some of them might come more than once.

I don't think a capacity of much more than 3,000 is feasible on that site.  If we were even talking about 1,500 - 2,000 from the get go, I would not be disappointed (or embarrassed).

Averages all affected by the 500 crowd cap which affected us twice but some teams up to 3 times. Also the amount of midweek games due to Covid call offs was very high. We had 5 games not on a Saturday I think plus 2 crowd restricted games of 500. 7 of 18 games affected 

Kilmarnock travelling support also not that high for most teams cause all their games were Friday and Dunfermline was not good either cause they were rotten 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

When the East and South stands are finished the capacity will be 1500ish. Plenty of space on the North and North west sides to get the capacity up to c3000 but unless there is a secret plan in a drawer somewhere, it will take many months to even get to the point of applying for planning permission.

47 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Second home! Agree entirely, would love it if we went back to second Hampden.

Not being from the area I'm not up to the situation but would it have been feasible, cheaper and have a bigger stadium by doin up Cathkin, or is it out of the question?

Edited by Raith_Raver

25 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Not being from the area I'm not up to the situation but would it have been feasible, cheaper and have a bigger stadium by doin up Cathkin, or is it out of the question?

Feasible, but more expensive. Think it would have taken some serious dough, but loads of space so could have built a stadium with a modest capacity to start with and then extended it if the circumstances called for it.

I've heard you are going to groundshare with us for the early part of next season so assuming the ground ain't near ready yet.

Would have thought Broadwood would have made more sense a bit of a pain in the arse coming through here every second week for a home game.