Queen’s Park 21/22

50 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Charlie Fox though. Outstanding. What's the chances?

Charlie should be taken out on the town by the club and given a three year contract to sign while he is steamin'

That way we can keep him for 2 years and then sell him to Real Madrid for £80 million.

Absolutely brilliant day yesterday and I am excited that we will be playing football with the big boys next season.

It gives the club a huge problem though. Playing in the championship in a stadium with a capacity of 1,000 will be totally embarrassing.

What are they going to do about it?

Great days to be alive. We looked pretty dead and buried mid-season but the guys dug in and the performances over the four play off games were outstanding. We didn't win a league title, but yesterday it certainly seemed like it.

Proud of the lot of them.

Monday morning, alarm goes off, hit snooze so I can go back to the wonderfull dream I was having. Alarm goes off again, wife kicks me till I roll out if bed, look out the window and it's pouring. I've got the usual fight ahead of me of getting the kids up, dressed, fed and out the door in time for school.

Then I realised that yesterday wasn't a dream.

This might be a great day after all.

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Told me last night he wants to be here next season, but he might have just not wanted to break my heart.

I had a similair conversation with Connell. If he can play consistently like he has done in the last fortnight then I'd be delighted if we could bring him in permanently.

I would also like us to make an offer to Smith, who just before half time yesterday I thought looked to be tiring, however he was still causing Airdrie (and his brother) problems over an hour later.

Congratulations to Queens Park on the promotion. Don’t see any reason why you can’t be a competitive outfit at the top half of the Championship.

I ended up catching the game from about 75 mins onwards, You did well to restrict Airdrie from that point. Cool finish from Murray with the penalty - which was a stonewaller btw. 

I’ve seen a few digs about the size of the QP support, aye it wasn’t great given the prize up for grabs, but the size of your away crowd doesn’t win you promotions, if they did Clyde would be 3rd in the SPL…

All the best for next season!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

I had a similair conversation with Connell. If he can play consistently like he has done in the last fortnight then I'd be delighted if we could bring him in permanently.
I would also like us to make an offer to Smith, who just before half time yesterday I thought looked to be tiring, however he was still causing Airdrie (and his brother) problems over an hour later.

The boy smith looks a very decent player. Certainly put his brother in the shade yesterday

28 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Congratulations to Queens Park on the promotion. Don’t see any reason why you can’t be a competitive outfit at the top half of the Championship.

I ended up catching the game from about 75 mins onwards, You did well to restrict Airdrie from that point. Cool finish from Murray with the penalty - which was a stonewaller btw. 

I’ve seen a few digs about the size of the QP support, aye it wasn’t great given the prize up for grabs, but the size of your away crowd doesn’t win you promotions, if they did Clyde would be 3rd in the SPL…

All the best for next season!

For all there were some comments about the Queen’s Park support, it was them who made all the noise yesterday. Our end was pretty noisy at home to Montrose despite having a big support in but that was mainly down to anger in the first half, which at least created some atmosphere, and then the great comeback in the second half. Yesterday’s atmosphere was very flat. The game was pretty cagey which didn’t help and the atmosphere always dips when the day trippers are there (not criticising them, it just happens) but for all we near enough filled the main stand, you’d never have known there was anywhere near that many there based on the noise.

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Absolutely brilliant day yesterday and I am excited that we will be playing football with the big boys next season.

It gives the club a huge problem though. Playing in the championship in a stadium with a capacity of 1,000 will be totally embarrassing.

Why is it embarrassing ? Your average support is c.600 with probably around 500 QP fans. The 2 best supported teams in the Championship this season in Killie and Dunfermline are no longer there so realistically only Dundee and Partick will bring an away support of more than 500.

Don’t see how it’s that big an issue tbh.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

The boy smith looks a very decent player. Certainly put his brother in the shade yesterday

I see QP have just re-tweeted a post from Smith that gives the impression that he won't be here next season.

I hope we've at least made him an offer.

However if he is moving on then what a way to go out. I wish him all the best wherever he is next season.

Great to see Queen's Park promoted, you've always been my favourite Glasgow team. I think you'll be a major force in the Championship.

One thing puzzles me - why did you sell Hampden so cheaply? £4 Million sounds like you were ripped off.

3 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Great to see Queen's Park promoted, you've always been my favourite Glasgow team. I think you'll be a major force in the Championship.

One thing puzzles me - why did you sell Hampden so cheaply? £4 Million sounds like you were ripped off.

Very long story but we were.

5 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

It’s not a problem at all and you have nothing to be embarrassed about 

If it upsets other fans, tough

I’m more relaxed about this summers dealings than any year previously. The only thing that would restrict progress would be if the Committee wanted to put the brakes on. I’m certain that’s not the case anymore and with the combined connections across Scotland, north of England, Ireland, Northern Europe, Australia, The United States and Cambuslang, plus much better relationships with the SFA, we have everything going in our favour. From what I hear of Beuker, that laid-back, laconic style has a razor edge to it.

Instead of keeping schtum all summer in case an Ayrshire Juniors side gazumps us by fifty quid we’ll be at the front of the queue with agents chapping our door. Mr Coyle’s shopping list is already being worked on.