Queen’s Park 21/22

4 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Is Owen Coyle actually fully in charge of Queens Park now or is is still the Director of football or assistant? 

Notice it was John Potter doing the interview after the game but I swear I seen Owen Coyle in the dugout during the home game vs Cove.

It is some sort of weird contractual thing where he has not technically started the role yet but in reality he is in the dugout, taking training, picking the team etc. The Director of Football stepped back upstairs a few weeks ago and John Potter is essentially a first team coach. Sandy Stewart has come with Coyle to be his assistant (he’s also in the dugout, taking the warm up etc)

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Do QP have a game tonight? Do they play their full team in it?

For the Glasgow cup we have typically been playing the youngsters with the odd fringe first team player (or players needing minutes after injury).

I’d be amazed if any of the first team  played tonight other than maybe giving Stuart Morrison some minutes

4 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

It is some sort of weird contractual thing where he has not technically started the role yet but in reality he is in the dugout, taking training, picking the team etc. The Director of Football stepped back upstairs a few weeks ago and John Potter is essentially a first team coach. Sandy Stewart has come with Coyle to be his assistant (he’s also in the dugout, taking the warm up etc)

Sounds very strange way of doing things, thought I was going off my head when I noticed him and Sandy in the dugout 😅

Also makes me even more nervous that two Airdrie legends are getting in the way of promotion to the championship 😄

Hopefully the pitch at firhill is in a reasonable state (for its standard) both teams knock the ball around well and should be a very good game. 

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

Sounds very strange way of doing things, thought I was going off my head when I noticed him and Sandy in the dugout 😅

Also makes me even more nervous that two Airdrie legends are getting in the way of promotion to the championship 😄

Hopefully the pitch at firhill is in a reasonable state (for its standard) both teams knock the ball around well and should be a very good game. 

Very much not in a reasonable state. Although it doesn't look as bad as a couple of months ago (the odd green patches appear to have broken out on the pitch) it's still a dismal apology for a football pitch. A great argument for artificial pitches

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

They got away with it because Coyle’s existing-but-soon-to-be-former employer is in India. Their season finished in April so it was a goodwill arrangement to let Coyle be part of it. Getting promoted would be a bonus, the intent was to get him having a good look at the squad and decide who was staying or going for next year.

As a sideshow, before managing at Airdrie Coyle was co-manager at Falkirk. His partner was John Hughes, now boss at Dunfermline.  Funny how life works out, eh?

4 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

100 free tickets for tonights game have been given to QP in the Community for kids/parents, plus they're putting on a bus from Lesser to Broadwood for them. Quite a late kick off for young kids on a school night but hopefully lots of them take up the offer and get the chance to see us lift a trophy.

Fair play to the club on that one. Certainly going for it on the community front. Not sure how much, if any, say we had in the venue for the final. Two teams from the Southside playing 17 miles outside of the city and won’t finish until the back of ten, assuming there’s no penalties.

Using actual home grounds (maybe an exception for us because of Firhill) and play the final at Hampden is surely the sensible way to give the competition a wee bit of status. Can’t play most of it behind closed doors and then expect buy in from punters. Hopefully that can change next season because it’s potentially a decent competition.

I have been trying to pay for stream for tonight's final but it just sends me back to payment continually. No money taken that I can see. I have given up and ticketco were not really any help. Anyone else had trouble? Any tips?

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

They got away with it because Coyle’s existing-but-soon-to-be-former employer is in India. Their season finished in April so it was a goodwill arrangement to let Coyle be part of it. Getting promoted would be a bonus, the intent was to get him having a good look at the squad and decide who was staying or going for next year.

As a sideshow, before managing at Airdrie Coyle was co-manager at Falkirk. His partner was John Hughes, now boss at Dunfermline.  Funny how life works out, eh?

I could be wrong but I don't think Owen was ever manager at Airdrieonians. Sandy of course was and got us promoted so I wish him well but hope he fails this week.  It will be close but ticket bought today.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Fair play to the club on that one. Certainly going for it on the community front. Not sure how much, if any, say we had in the venue for the final. Two teams from the Southside playing 17 miles outside of the city and won’t finish until the back of ten, assuming there’s no penalties.

Using actual home grounds (maybe an exception for us because of Firhill) and play the final at Hampden is surely the sensible way to give the competition a wee bit of status. Can’t play most of it behind closed doors and then expect buy in from punters. Hopefully that can change next season because it’s potentially a decent competition.

Back in the day, Queen's allowed just about anything to be played at Hampden because, well, it was the national home of football. Scottish amateur and junior finals, youth and school internationals. That doesn't happen in these more enlightened times. However, something says that Broadwood won the prize so as to discourage OF fans to attend as they have shown they can't behave even in youth game.

2 hours ago, Ziggy65 said:

I have been trying to pay for stream for tonight's final but it just sends me back to payment continually. No money taken that I can see. I have given up and ticketco were not really any help. Anyone else had trouble? Any tips?

Can’t even get to payment. Then I noticed it’s Pixellot. Think I’ll give it a miss.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Back in the day, Queen's allowed just about anything to be played at Hampden because, well, it was the national home of football. Scottish amateur and junior finals, youth and school internationals. That doesn't happen in these more enlightened times. However, something says that Broadwood won the prize so as to discourage OF fans to attend as they have shown they can't behave even in youth game.

To think you got grief for not having a fire resistant banner and the Uglies near turned Firhill into a bonfire 😤