Queen’s Park 21/22

4 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

We have reduced prices by a couple of ££ for everyone. Dunfermline are charging full price and their season tickets don't cover it either.

We are also running a free bus to the Kingdom.

I have no complaints although I do understand that potentially having to pay for 4 matches in 10 days or so will be a stretch for those on a tight budget. And that is without factoring in the cost of beer needed to dull the pain/ accentuate the pleasure.

That's pretty decent of the club. Good luck. 

Quite a few visible changes over the last week at Lesser, the layer of sand has been laid over the whole pitch bar the South East corner and the scaffolding around the new changing rooms has come down as well.

Lots of foundation excavation work as well at both the hospitality area and the south east corner of the ground for the turnstile area.

IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

Jai Quitongo has a decent track record against Dunfermline, having scored 3 late winners against them during his time at Morton, in the 84th, 85th and 93rd minutes. Let's hope he still has a taste for it, although I'd rather not leave it that late if possible.

52 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Jai Quitongo has a decent track record against Dunfermline, having scored 3 late winners against them during his time at Morton, in the 84th, 85th and 93rd minutes. Let's hope he still has a taste for it, although I'd rather not leave it that late if possible.

93rd minute would be perfect. We’re terrified immediately after both scoring and conceding goals. Would only require a couple of minutes of being camped in our own six yarder.

3 hours ago, an86 said:

93rd minute would be perfect. We’re terrified immediately after both scoring and conceding goals. Would only require a couple of minutes of being camped in our own six yarder.

Hilariously even when we scored the penalty in the 90th minute against East Fife, we somehow almost managed to bottle it. There must be a genuine mental block within the squad cause they’ll surely know and the opposition will know how ridiculously jittery we become 

Does anyone know what the filming was for at Saturdays match? Dempster was being interviewed in the stand before the game, and then Coyle was doing the same after the awards. It looked like the same guy was also filming the game from the corner too.

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

Does anyone know what the filming was for at Saturdays match? Dempster was being interviewed in the stand before the game, and then Coyle was doing the same after the awards. It looked like the same guy was also filming the game from the corner too.

A piece for half time at tomorrow's Thistle match on BBC perhaps?

I live round the corner from Firhill so i was going to pop round tonight to hopefully see you pump Dunfermline, been looking at buying tickets from the link below but both the home and away links on that page take me to buy tickets for the away end.

Can anyone forward on the link for home tickets please?

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/match-tickets-dunfermline-athletic/

57 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I live round the corner from Firhill so i was going to pop round tonight to hopefully see you pump Dunfermline, been looking at buying tickets from the link below but both the home and away links on that page take me to buy tickets for the away end.

Can anyone forward on the link for home tickets please?

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/match-tickets-dunfermline-athletic/

When you click onto the tickets page there should be two buttons to switch between home and away fans, home fans are in the Jackie Husband stand.Screenshot_2022-05-04-11-44-24-614_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.32d049a5b0038ca39d2cdcbe1b574238.jpg

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Too lazy to bother looking in to it but are you guys sharing with Thistle again next season or will you be elsewhere?

Supposed to be back at Lesser but see qpsnapper's post above for the current state of the place. 

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

When you click onto the tickets page there should be two buttons to switch between home and away fans, home fans are in the Jackie Husband stand.Screenshot_2022-05-04-11-44-24-614_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.32d049a5b0038ca39d2cdcbe1b574238.jpg

Cheers for that, turns out i can access it via mobile but not on desktop.

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

I found it interesting too. I favour a long term plan of developing young players rather than simply trying to buy success in the short term.

Not against it, but it has to be more than ability. Attitude, hunger and desire are just as important. Number one target should be Kerr McInroy who is being released by Celtic. On loan at Airdrie and Ayr this season. Completely bullied our midfield and also has good ability. 

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

I found it interesting too. I favour a long term plan of developing young players rather than simply trying to buy success in the short term.

I agree as long as there’s a balance though with developing younger players  and achieving on field success. Preferably I’d rather just get into the championship and stabilise from there but that might just be me

I would imagine in the long term the club will be in a very strong position regarding the infrastructure but i found it quite wild that Dempster was basically admitting that aiming for the playoffs was quite an ambitious target purely because we’re a newly professional club. I don’t think the wages dished out for some of our players will suggest mid table is a roaring success 

7 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I would imagine in the long term the club will be in a very strong position regarding the infrastructure but i found it quite wild that Dempster was basically admitting that aiming for the playoffs was quite an ambitious target purely because we’re a newly professional club. I don’t think the wages dished out for some of our players will suggest mid table is a roaring success 

The thirty-six game season wasn’t good enough for the outlay. A full-time team with one of the best budgets in the league shouldn’t be finishing 28 points behind anyone. Not saying we should have been winning the league or every game, but we should have put a better fight in at the top end. Fooling nobody with that sort of talk.

We’ve been extremely fortunate to make the playoffs and I hope we’re extremely fortunate during them. Either way, there has to be a mentality shift away from shrugging our shoulders when we don’t win lots of games that we should be winning. 

I’ve been fairly critical but I really think these players have been dealt a fairly sh1tey hand this year. Ditching Ray, gambling on Ellis and then having Bueker pitch up isn’t doing anything to help culture and mentality and playing style and the rest of it. 

Looking forward to cheering them on tonight. Wild that we’re in this position given where we’ve come from and the season we’ve had. A couple of match winners coming back into the team at the right time, too - so you never know. 

Good luck tonight! I'd love to see you get promoted. 😇

if you did, surely you couldn't play at Lesser until at least two stands are built?