Queen’s Park 21/22

3 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Montrose season ticket was £5 less than ours on the figures I saw.

Should have been clearer. Renewals got it for £180 thus rewarding loyal fans. New season ticket holders had to pay £240

IMG-20220429-WA0003.jpg

Edited by Mick1867

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Looks like Dunfermline. Booo.

Don't know about you guys but my sphincter is going good style thinking about the Montrose double header..

I think Queens have a really good chance of knocking out a yogi Hughes inspired Dunfermline in your play off encounter....

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Don't know about you guys but my sphincter is going good style thinking about the Montrose double header..

I think Queens have a really good chance of knocking out a yogi Hughes inspired Dunfermline in your play off encounter....

You have expectation, we don’t. It’s absolutely mental that we’re in a League One playoff and it feels flat. A win tomorrow equals the same number of wins we had as amateurs in League One in 16/17. Honest truth is it doesn’t really feel like we’ve earned it. 

Will be different come Wednesday night, of course. Nothing would delight me more than seeing these underperforming, overpaid dunces firing us into the Championship and then riding off into the sunset. That sunset being Darvel.

I'm of the belief that the opponent makes very little difference, we're more than capable of beating either Ayr or Dunfermline if the players are up for it. Motivation has seemingly been an issue all season though, so that's a big if. 

Still, I'm going to be absolutely buzzin' for this as soon as the game tomorrow ends, and I would hope the team will be as well!

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

I'm of the belief that the opponent makes very little difference, we're more than capable of beating either Ayr or Dunfermline if the players are up for it. Motivation has seemingly been an issue all season though, so that's a big if. 

Still, I'm going to be absolutely buzzin' for this as soon as the game tomorrow ends, and I would hope the team will be as well!

Agreed. The ability of the squad isn’t the primary issue, it’s the embarrassing levels of motivation we’ve produced on several occasions throughout the season that’s made reaching the play offs feel somewhat flat. We’ve proved against Cove, against the best team in the league that we’re more than capable of competing in these games when we’re up for it and if the players can’t motivate themselves for Dunfermline and potentially beyond that, then nothing will.

Ive always had this belief that if we made the playoffs, we might somehow scrape through them. This is based on hope rather than any expectation but other than the previous two matches, the excessive amount of draws we’ve achieved might come in our favour weirdly. We don’t lose many games and if we do they’ve mainly been by one goal margins. If we keep ourselves in the tie, we could scrape by via extra time or penalties? 

Either way, I’m not particularly confident but it’s exciting nonetheless. We’ve as much chance as any other team once the playoffs arrive. The amount of times we seen a Gardner speirs qp side comfortably finished 2nd or 3rd and bottled it in the play offs was incredible. Here’s hoping Airdrie do likewise 

55 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Agreed. The ability of the squad isn’t the primary issue, it’s the embarrassing levels of motivation we’ve produced on several occasions throughout the season that’s made reaching the play offs feel somewhat flat. We’ve proved against Cove, against the best team in the league that we’re more than capable of competing in these games when we’re up for it and if the players can’t motivate themselves for Dunfermline and potentially beyond that, then nothing will.

Ive always had this belief that if we made the playoffs, we might somehow scrape through them. This is based on hope rather than any expectation but other than the previous two matches, the excessive amount of draws we’ve achieved might come in our favour weirdly. We don’t lose many games and if we do they’ve mainly been by one goal margins. If we keep ourselves in the tie, we could scrape by via extra time or penalties? 

Either way, I’m not particularly confident but it’s exciting nonetheless. We’ve as much chance as any other team once the playoffs arrive. The amount of times we seen a Gardner speirs qp side comfortably finished 2nd or 3rd and bottled it in the play offs was incredible. Here’s hoping Airdrie do likewise 

Airdrie has been doing it for years....... 7 play off appearances ,   hopefully this is the year ...

10 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

How many will you bring on Saturday to EEP?

However many we had at the Cowden playoff semi a few years ago might be around the mark. Depends whether you pump us or not. Tie over, less than 100. Tie alive, would be hopeful of a decent turnout.

19 minutes ago, an86 said:

However many we had at the Cowden playoff semi a few years ago might be around the mark. Depends whether you pump us or not. Tie over, less than 100. Tie alive, would be hopeful of a decent turnout.

Can't imagine the tie being over after 90 mins, especially on that Firhill pitch.

24 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Can't imagine the tie being over after 90 mins, especially on that Firhill pitch.

Reckon the match thread will simply be both sets of fans speculating about how their respective sides will fail to turn up. Saw Dunfermline v Thistle a few weeks ago on TV and you were excellent. Decent pedigree in that squad as well. I suspect we may both have the same problem of attitude not matching ability.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/dunfermline-athletic-supporters-bus/

Free bus. Fair play. Keep the tie alive and get a healthy noisy crowd through, hopefully. Hope we punt it relentlessly and have to stick another bus or two on. Been a while since we took a proper “big” support to a game. Would suggest a sea of black and white, but that would be largely ineffective in the circumstances. 

I'm an outsider looking in, but I can fully understand why your club charges season ticket holders for this match. These are games over and above the 18 that you paid for. You should have first dibs on tickets, maybe even a discount, but that's all. 

28 minutes ago, Mr. Smith said:

I'm an outsider looking in, but I can fully understand why your club charges season ticket holders for this match. These are games over and above the 18 that you paid for. You should have first dibs on tickets, maybe even a discount, but that's all. 

We have reduced prices by a couple of ££ for everyone. Dunfermline are charging full price and their season tickets don't cover it either.

We are also running a free bus to the Kingdom.

I have no complaints although I do understand that potentially having to pay for 4 matches in 10 days or so will be a stretch for those on a tight budget. And that is without factoring in the cost of beer needed to dull the pain/ accentuate the pleasure.