Queen’s Park 21/22

1 hour ago, an86 said:

The one red line for me, is that there cannot be a raise in prices next season. You cannot ask people to do that in this financial climate.

I agree with all you have said; and I would hope commonsense breaks out in the boardroom when discussing prices for next season; no mater the league we find ourselves in. 

I would however caution against using the argument of the present financial climate - it has been forever thus; prelapsarion Britain has never existed - since Thatcher decided to rob the weans of their daily milk, we have had The Troubles, two Iraq Wars, Twin Towers, Black Monday, War on Terror, Credit Crunch, IndyRef, Brexit and not to mention the present era of that Mob in Westminster.      

Am sure the Club have employees wanting a pay rise, suppliers pushing through increases and constructions firms citing unforseen circumstances when the cost of the Lesser development goes up.  

I would be surprised if ST and Membership costs remain the same for next season.  

3 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

I agree with all you have said; and I would hope commonsense breaks out in the boardroom when discussing prices for next season; no mater the league we find ourselves in. 

I would however caution against using the argument of the present financial climate - it has been forever thus; prelapsarion Britain has never existed - since Thatcher decided to rob the weans of their daily milk, we have had The Troubles, two Iraq Wars, Twin Towers, Black Monday, War on Terror, Credit Crunch, IndyRef, Brexit and not to mention the present era of that Mob in Westminster.      

Am sure the Club have employees wanting a pay rise, suppliers pushing through increases and constructions firms citing unforseen circumstances when the cost of the Lesser development goes up.  

I would be surprised if ST and Membership costs remain the same for next season.  

I would doubt that the gate money is split, if that is the case then, why did the club allow us season ticket holders, into the the play-off games the last time?

53 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

I would doubt that the gate money is split, if that is the case then, why did the club allow us season ticket holders, into the the play-off games the last time?

I have no idea. 

As far as am concerned, a Season Ticket is for the season; this season is not over yet; the play-off games are in integral part of the season. 

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

I could be wrong, but that’s my understanding for these games from a fairly recent conversation with someone at the club about an entirely different matter. Don’t think there’s anything stopping us allowing season tickets in, but it’d likely bump up the walk up prices and I think the clubs have to reach an agreement on those.

If it is the case, those who count the cash probably want Dunfermline. Likely to get about double the crowd at EEP than Somerset. 

1 hour ago, CathcartSkins said:

I have no idea. 

As far as am concerned, a Season Ticket is for the season; this season is not over yet; the play-off games are in integral part of the season. 

Montrose are charging their season ticket holders for their play off game.

I'm sure I read a couple of years ago (pre-COVID) that the play off cash is treated like cup money and split between the teams. Then again, I don't have a great track record in getting things right.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

On 27/04/2022 at 18:17, Skol1867 said:

Nice of the club to reward the season ticket holders who have made the effort to get to Firhill this season by charging us to attend the playoff matches for the first time ever ( as far as I can recall). The club continues to find new ways to disappoint and tread on its core supporter group.

I think the two creators (Dempster & Britton) of the long running Carry On Up The Beach slapstick should have got their wallets together and sorted out free tickets for both Queen’s and Thistle fans in their respective play-off games. Respect and reward with a twist of justice!

12 hours ago, an86 said:

There’s a strong argument for just writing off the playoff on the season ticket given the upheaval the fans have had to deal with. Think the gate is split for these games, so not entirely sure how that is factored into the equation and whether Dunfermline get a say. Keep it on the season book and the tickets might have a fiver wacked onto them. Don’t know. Just spectaculating.

Think there’s a balance to be found going forward, though. Sitting on a mountain of Hampden money and not having to pay players meant we could be very generous in terms of perks.

I’m a member and get voting rights and a say in the club. Should I really be getting more benefits on top of that, compared to a season ticket who goes week in, week out and travels up and down the country? Probably not.

If the club are changing these things, I think they’ll become more palatable if they explain why they’re doing it. If they come out and say “we can make x amount from cup ties/potential playoffs, here’s what we can spend it on” there will probably be more buy in. It can’t just all be Haughey piling the dough in. There’s going to come a point when he’s not here and in some ways, we should already be preparing for that in the way we operate.

Got to be some acceptance that we’re now in the business of trying to make a profit and become self-sustainable. The club, at the same time, also has to factor in that we’re in the midst of huge cost of living crisis. Folk will have less money and are likely going to be less willing to put their hands in their pockets when the cost of heating a flat is now akin to heating a palace.

Think this is where the QPSA/membership and club can actually get together and have a frank and honest conversation about what what is desirable for both sides and meet somewhere in the middle. The one red line for me, is that there cannot be a raise in prices next season. You cannot ask people to do that in this financial climate.

You'll keep the gate money for the home tie only - no sharing of gates ala cup games.

There is an SPFL levy of 50% on the Premiership play-off but this doesn't seem to be in effect for the Champ/League One play-offs so the full gate would be yours. 

8 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

You'll keep the gate money for the home tie only - no sharing of gates ala cup games.

There is an SPFL levy of 50% on the Premiership play-off but this doesn't seem to be in effect for the Champ/League One play-offs so the full gate would be yours. 

That might be where the confusion is coming in. Cheers.

13 hours ago, Johnny Worm said:

So you want new stadiums and fancy full time football, but you want it for free?

We need a new stadium after selling one. 

We voted to turn pro. It was our committee that decided to go full time

£300 for membership and £245 for a season ticket.

Pipe doon, daftie.

13 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

So? Montrose also charge £50 - 70 less for a season ticket and play at their own ground

Montrose season ticket was £5 less than ours on the figures I saw.

I agree it would have been a nice gesture for the club to either let season ticket holders in free or at a reduced rate.

I just don't see it as a huge matter of principle.

It certainly won't stop me going along to cheer the team on .

30 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

So? Montrose also charge £50 - 70 less for a season ticket and play at their own ground

But they don't have to pay to play at someone else's ground🤨

I personally don't think there's any logic or structure to how we are priced. It would have been a case of A Director doing some web searches, maybe a few phone calls and then overlaying it with a sprinkle of "we're full-time" and that's as scientific as it gets. The bit of the equation where someone is supposed to sense-check it with "is this value for money; will the fans be content with this etc" is probably not even a conversation. 

Ultimately it's another communication flaw. You and others have said it should be better once Lesser is open again but the reality is the people making decisions and the people upset by them are sitting about 50 meters apart from each other at home games. And I think the Directors and CEO should take the lead. There just doesn't seem to be any recognition, not openly at least, of the negative impact all their bad choices has made on the supporters. Instead of sitting in the hospitality lounge why not have a wander down to where the noise is.

Equally though, when informal members meetings are called I am surprised how some people, who love to rattle their keyboard with all kinds of opinions, say absolutely nothing when faced with the very people who can change things.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Equally though, when informal members meetings are called I am surprised how some people, who love to rattle their keyboard with all kinds of opinions, say absolutely nothing when faced with the very people who can change things.

More than one way to do that. I’m incredibly uncomfortable in front of a room full of people. Nightmare fuel. A stuttering wreck. No shame in admitting it either. Have been in contact with several members of the management team via other means, so wouldn’t say you’ve got a valid point there. 

I shall not be going. It is my only chance of (feeble) protest. I think this is despicable as I did the decision not to allow season ticket holders free streaming. Nor will I purchase a season ticket again having had one for sixty years. I frankly don't care if Lesser ever gets finished. I have said it before but I consider the current custodians of the club are destroying it piece by piece.

Season ticket holders had to pay to watch a stream??