Queen’s Park 21/22

23 minutes ago, an86 said:

I genuinely can’t believe it has gone under the radar in the manner that it has. It was like the soaps where a character just changes actor and you’re just meant to pretend nothing has happened. A total reverse Samson effect as well. Thought he was excellent at the beginning of the season.

The hair has sapped his footballing prowess from him.

On 21/04/2022 at 18:08, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

If we finish 4th then QP will play on Wednesday 4th after our game on Tuesday 3rd(live on BBC so ours won't get shifted). 

In the unlikely event we finish 3rd, QP will play on Tuesday 3rd to give maximum gap between our games with our home match on Friday 6th. 

Is the venue still Firhill?  According to the PTFC website they are starting work replacing the Firhill pitch after their last home game, no mention of the playoff fixture(s)

4 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

Is the venue still Firhill?  According to the PTFC website they are starting work replacing the Firhill pitch after their last home game, no mention of the playoff fixture(s)

I heard that Queen’s Park were looking at an alternative venue for their playoffs but nothing has been confirmed.

Thistle are, almost, in the playoffs too so work will begin once the final game has been played by ourselves and QP in May.

Surely playing the side that finishes 9th in the Championship is the easiest tie? I would have thought a team low on morale,  afterhaving been pumped up and down the country for the season, would be preferable than playing Airdrieonians or Montrose?

12 hours ago, Mr. Smith said:

Surely playing the side that finishes 9th in the Championship is the easiest tie? I would have thought a team low on morale,  afterhaving been pumped up and down the country for the season, would be preferable than playing Airdrieonians or Montrose?

On the contrary, you can see at the moment both Ayr and Dunfermline scrapping for survival. In contrast, QP seem to have a mindset at the moment that we’ve achieved our main objectives which were a) don’t get relegated and b) try to make the play-offs. The grit and determination needed in a sudden-death semi-final isn’t a culture our players are familiar with.

Nice of the club to reward the season ticket holders who have made the effort to get to Firhill this season by charging us to attend the playoff matches for the first time ever ( as far as I can recall). The club continues to find new ways to disappoint and tread on its core supporter group.

15 minutes ago, Skol1867 said:

Nice of the club to reward the season ticket holders who have made the effort to get to Firhill this season by charging us to attend the playoff matches for the first time ever ( as far as I can recall). The club continues to find new ways to disappoint and tread on its core supporter group.

Thought the club made a mistake at first but checked the announcement from back in July and was no mention of playoff games, unlike the 2020/21 announcement which had playoffs included as a bonus of buying a season ticket. They know we are mugs who will pay up anyway.

32 minutes ago, Skol1867 said:

That is a disgrace, the President and all the Committee should hang their heads in shame.

31 minutes ago, Skol1867 said:

I shall not be going. It is my only chance of (feeble) protest. I think this is despicable as I did the decision not to allow season ticket holders free streaming. Nor will I purchase a season ticket again having had one for sixty years. I frankly don't care if Lesser ever gets finished. I have said it before but I consider the current custodians of the club are destroying it piece by piece.

2 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I shall not be going. It is my only chance of (feeble) protest. I think this is despicable as I did the decision not to allow season ticket holders free streaming. Nor will I purchase a season ticket again having had one for sixty years. I frankly don't care if Lesser ever gets finished. I have said it before but I consider the current custodians of the club are destroying it piece by piece.

I am with you on that. I will not go to Firhill for this game but I will go to Ayr or Dumfermline on the Saturday to support my team.

There’s a strong argument for just writing off the playoff on the season ticket given the upheaval the fans have had to deal with. Think the gate is split for these games, so not entirely sure how that is factored into the equation and whether Dunfermline get a say. Keep it on the season book and the tickets might have a fiver wacked onto them. Don’t know. Just spectaculating.

Think there’s a balance to be found going forward, though. Sitting on a mountain of Hampden money and not having to pay players meant we could be very generous in terms of perks.

I’m a member and get voting rights and a say in the club. Should I really be getting more benefits on top of that, compared to a season ticket who goes week in, week out and travels up and down the country? Probably not.

If the club are changing these things, I think they’ll become more palatable if they explain why they’re doing it. If they come out and say “we can make x amount from cup ties/potential playoffs, here’s what we can spend it on” there will probably be more buy in. It can’t just all be Haughey piling the dough in. There’s going to come a point when he’s not here and in some ways, we should already be preparing for that in the way we operate.

Got to be some acceptance that we’re now in the business of trying to make a profit and become self-sustainable. The club, at the same time, also has to factor in that we’re in the midst of huge cost of living crisis. Folk will have less money and are likely going to be less willing to put their hands in their pockets when the cost of heating a flat is now akin to heating a palace.

Think this is where the QPSA/membership and club can actually get together and have a frank and honest conversation about what what is desirable for both sides and meet somewhere in the middle. The one red line for me, is that there cannot be a raise in prices next season. You cannot ask people to do that in this financial climate.