Queen’s Park 21/22

Any word on pre-season type patter? Would assume it’d already be in the process of being arranged if we’re doing a tour or anything. Was at Newlandsfield last night and it got me thinking that there’s now no excuse not to convene the inaugural Saturday Sesh Southside Cup against Pollok at Newlandsfield. They can’t nick any decent trialists from us now. As good a crowd as you’re going to get at a lower tier friendly as well.

20 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Anyone aware of what date our first playoff game will be - is it 3rd or 4th - or still to be decided? 

If we finish 4th then QP will play on Wednesday 4th after our game on Tuesday 3rd(live on BBC so ours won't get shifted). 

In the unlikely event we finish 3rd, QP will play on Tuesday 3rd to give maximum gap between our games with our home match on Friday 6th. 

2 hours ago, JT1867 said:

Some crowd for a closed door game!

I thought the same thing. I did wonder if family etc of the players were allowed entry, and it looked like the rest of our (and so I assume Clyde's) first team squad were there too.

Regardless, I can't understand why they weren't allowing paying fans to attend.

Hopefully that changes for the final.

I dont know who decides these things. I assume it's the home club. Does that mean it's up to Clyde whether fans can attend the final? Or is it NLC? You Would imagine they could get a decent crowd for the final if they advertised it properly, especially from the Rangers support.

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

Does that mean it's up to Clyde whether fans can attend the final? Or is it NLC? 

Seeing as it's a final on a neutral ground then it should be up to the tournament organisers to sort out with NLC (the landlords) Can't imagine it will have anything to do with Clyde (Saturday is their last game at Broadwood anyway. They're off to Hamilton)

Makes perfect sense that a Glasgow Cup final between two Glasgow clubs will take place outside of Glasgow

Time for punt or keep.

Ferrie- Zero presence. Has sold more goals in six months than Wullie Muir has in six years. Punt.

Muir- Good competition for the seven foot monster we need to sign. Keep.

Doyle- Good attitude. Horrific form dip. Can he play Championship football? No. Punt.

Robson- Decent going forward. Simply cannot defend. Incredibly average.

Fox- The only one with the attitude to match the ability. Sign and develop.

Kilday- Very subtly rubbish. Punt. 
Grant- Great guy. His body has rejected him, though. Punt.

Morrison- An album track of a player. Purely there to fill space. Punt.

Davidson- See Morrison.

Gillespie-Started the season like Scott Brown, ended it like Ian Brown. The wig hasn’t been discussed nearly enough. Punt.

Brown- Good player, but not quite as good as he thinks he is. Attitude needs sorted. Something there, though. Keep.

Lyon- Meh. 

Thomson- Suppose we’ll have to trust that Beuker sees something.

Longridge- Turn up three or four times a season to show the sort of player he’d be if he could be arsed. Punt.

Moore- Simply the worst professional footballer I’ve ever seen. Incredibly, on a two year deal.

Murray- Made of glass. Punt.

Quitongo- See Murray.

McHugh- Much maligned, but at least he doesn’t half arse it. Still probably punt. Not worth the big wages.

The loans are all either wee guys who think they’ve made it or absolutely terrible footballers. Both, in some cases. Not seen enough of the kids to form an opinion and their development must be being hindered by being surrounded by terrible professionals.

9 minutes ago, an86 said:

Time for punt or keep.

Ferrie- Zero presence. Has sold more goals in six months than Wullie Muir has in six years. Punt.

Doyle- Good attitude. Horrific form dip. Can he play Championship football? No. Punt.

Davidson- See Morrison.

Gillespie-Started the season like Scott Brown, ended it like Ian Brown. The wig hasn’t been discussed nearly enough. Punt.

Brown- Good player, but not quite as good as he thinks he is. Attitude needs sorted. Something there, though. Keep.

Lyon- Meh. 

Longridge- Turn up three or four times a season to show the sort of player he’d be if he could be arsed. Punt.

Moore- Simply the worst professional footballer I’ve ever seen. Incredibly, on a two year deal.

Quitongo- See Murray.

McHugh- Much maligned, but at least he doesn’t half arse it. Still probably punt. Not worth the big wages.

The loans are all either wee guys who think they’ve made it or absolutely terrible footballers. Both, in some cases. Not seen enough of the kids to form an opinion and their development must be being hindered by being surrounded by terrible professionals.

Would keep Lyon, Fox, Doyle, Robson, Grant, Brown and Muir - rest would not be missed.

36 minutes ago, an86 said:

Know BYOS is in the trade and knows what he’s talking about on these matters. Does this thing have any hope for the start of the season? 

Depends what the “thing” actually is. If we are talking East & South stands built, clubhouse refurbed and West stand & corporate facility/kitchen plus pitch/trackside etc. as the thing, nae danger. I suspect they might be going for the East stand, home & away fans, and the clubhouse for kick-off. I noticed in the last drawings there was four floodlight pylons rather than eight so that would help but it’s essential for the SFA license. So are the turnstiles of which there are four excluding the South stand, including the two at the new main entrance which incorporates the cladding system which is a fair bit of work. The West stand for Sep/Oct. South stand could be done before Xmas too but not sure if SFA rules impinge on that.

Biggest risk to time is labour and material availability and most critically, trades co-ordination. Practical completion would be the end of June with a dozen or more finishing trades not even on site yet. Without doubt, Dempster and Co. will need to do some sweet talking with the SFA and Building Control. I wouldn’t be surprised if a tentative call to Broadwood has already been made.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Time for punt or keep.
Davidson- See Morrison.
Lyon- Meh. 

Quitongo- See Murray.

Hold on a fucking minute?

Grant Gillespie has a wig?

Time for punt or keep.
Davidson- See Morrison.
Lyon- Meh. 

Quitongo- See Murray.

53 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

You can smell the jealousy!  And I'm jealous too.

I didn't recognise the guy first time I saw his new look.

I was one of the few QP fans at the Airdrie game when the new Grant first appeared. My grandson and I  had a long discussion as to who was wearing Grant's top.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I genuinely can’t believe it has gone under the radar in the manner that it has. It was like the soaps where a character just changes actor and you’re just meant to pretend nothing has happened. A total reverse Samson effect as well. Thought he was excellent at the beginning of the season.