Queen’s Park 21/22

16 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Is there any images of what it’s going to look like?

Architects impressions. Note that the standing section at the back two rows in the East stand has now been deleted, regular seats instead.

East stand looking toward south.

image.thumb.png.dd6756418ee2bbd89cef55bdbce0525b.png

South stand looking towards east.

image.thumb.png.50af094de98f5c843517663a63854bfd.png

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

I am trying to compile a list of all the winners of the various Player of the Year awards since time began, I am missing a few details and was wondering if anyone had any recollection of the following awards:

QPSA Player of the Year: 1990/91, 1991/92, 1992/93, 1998/99, 1999/00, 2013/14 and 2014/15.

QPSA Away Player of the Year: 1989/90, 1990/91, 1991/92, 1998/99, 1999/00, 2000/01, 2001/02, 2013/14 and 2014/15.

Young Spiders' Player of the Year: 2014/15.

Goal of the Season: 2013/14 and 2014/15 (Possibly Blair Spittal for 13/14 and Darren Miller at Gretna for 2014/15?)

I have been through old programmes, newspaper clippings, web archive websites but can't find anything to confirm who got the awards in those years. Any assistance appreciated.

Edited by qpsnapper

7 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Architects impressions. Note that the standing section at the back two rows in the East stand has now been deleted, regular seats instead.

East stand looking toward south.

image.thumb.png.dd6756418ee2bbd89cef55bdbce0525b.png

South stand looking towards east.

image.thumb.png.50af094de98f5c843517663a63854bfd.png

It's quite odd to build a brand new stadium without any standing or "safe standing" unless that is a section in the south stand?

You would think some folk would prefer to stand given the option and it's easier to build it in rather than retrofit in 10/15 years time

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

It's quite odd to build a brand new stadium without any standing or "safe standing" unless that is a section in the south stand?

You would think some folk would prefer to stand given the option and it's easier to build it in rather than retrofit in 10/15 years time

Safe standing was designed in and specified but now been pulled during construction. There was a vague tease from our CEO about utilising part of the west stand, still being designed, for standing but seeing the new Director’s stand with executive dining for sponsors etc is over there it’s hard to see how a terrace next to it would work. 

1 hour ago, qpsnapper said:

I am trying to compile a list of all the winners of the various Player of the Year awards since time began, I am missing a few details and was wondering if anyone had any recollection of the following awards:

QPSA Player of the Year: 1990/91, 1991/92, 1992/93, 1998/99, 1999/00, 2013/14 and 2014/15.

QPSA Away Player of the Year: 1989/90, 1990/91, 1991/92, 1998/99, 1999/00, 2000/01, 2001/02, 2013/14 and 2014/15.

Young Spiders' Player of the Year: 2014/15.

Goal of the Season: 2013/14 and 2014/15 (Possibly Blair Spittal for 13/14 and Darren Miller at Gretna for 2014/15?)

I have been through old programmes, newspaper clippings, web archive websites but can't find anything to confirm who got the awards in those years. Any assistance appreciated.

99/00 Neil Mcfarlane POTY, Ross Caven away POTY

I think Davie Anderson won both awards in each season he was with us which would include 2013/2014 although now that I think of it Blair Spittal may have won one of them 

26 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

99/00 Neil Mcfarlane POTY, Ross Caven away POTY

I think Davie Anderson won both awards in each season he was with us which would include 2013/2014 although now that I think of it Blair Spittal may have won one of them 

Thank you.

I have David Anderson winning PotY in 2010/11 & 2011/12, he missed a couple of months at the start of 2013/14 (after Berwick kicked him off the park in the second league game) so may not have won that season.

Just watched the game against Clyde and I must say that was a really enjoyable watch. Clyde were absolutely hideous throughout but we looked really promising all over the pitch. First proper look at Williamson tonight and he looks like he has a proper striker’s instinct. He’s quick, a pest for defenders and most importantly he knows where the goal is. Really looking forward to seeing him next season

Man of the match was comfortably Jai Quitongo. He tore the defence to shreds on numerous occasions, getting 2 assists in the process. If Coyle and potter aren’t convinced with him after tonight then he’ll never get a chance. Get him started on Saturday please 

Clear that some of these kids have something. These aren’t particularly serious games, but they’re not total pub opposition either. Either need to get the Strollers back next season or start linking up with Pollok, Glencairn or another local side and get 30 odd games a season into a few of them at a competitive level. Bounce games and Glasgow Cup aren’t  sustainable for guys trying to cross that bridge between youth and first team squads.

10 hours ago, an86 said:

Clear that some of these kids have something. These aren’t particularly serious games, but they’re not total pub opposition either. Either need to get the Strollers back next season or start linking up with Pollok, Glencairn or another local side and get 30 odd games a season into a few of them at a competitive level. Bounce games and Glasgow Cup aren’t  sustainable for guys trying to cross that bridge between youth and first team squads.

I would have tended to agree that getting competitive games for the youth players as essential; however that may now depend on how the club view player development. Am sure someone on this thread a few months back highighted Brentford and their decision not to have their development squad play in a competitive league.        

On a separate note; having a foward score a brace in one match is a most welcomed development.  

Could join the Lowlands Development League as it's open to SPFL teams. Stirling, East Fife, Alloa, Kelty & Edinburgh City take part currently.

21 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

According to the lineups on Clyde's stream, our trialist tonight is Dylan Ruiz-Diaz.

I'm guessing it's this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylan_Ruiz-Diaz

I thought he was excellent.

Given we didn't have one first team starter in the line up, that was some performance last night. Defence was faultless, McBride was what I'd hoped he'd be like, Quitongo was trickier than tricky, Williamson really looks the part, the Trialist was superb and Biggar shone. Quality all through the team.

7 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
19 hours ago, an86 said:

Could join the Lowlands Development League as it's open to SPFL teams. Stirling, East Fife, Alloa, Kelty & Edinburgh City take part currently.

Unfortunately, the chances of a Scottish reserve set up being resurrected are a bit lessened with the Old Firm colts being accepted into the Lowland League for next year, I would think. I was almost taken aback at how good we were last night and these guys need regular football.

18 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Anyone aware of what date our first playoff game will be - is it 3rd or 4th - or still to be decided? 

will depend on where our landlords finish in championship  if they finish in 4th place i suspect they may be at home on tuesday 3rd and we will play on 4th