Queen’s Park 21/22

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Gonna stop talking about who we're getting in the play offs. We're not even there yet and you are giving me the fear! 

Wise words. After EF, we have aways at Peterhead and the Mo, then home to Falkirk. Hopefully not down to the last match; my auld ticker couldn't take it.

3 hours ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

At least its not the relegation playoffs ,as in the past after we got promoted it was straight back the following season, with one exception when it was two

Pedant's time - it's almost the exact opposite, the only time we've gone down after one season was 1999/00, four others were two seasons before going back down (55/56, 80/81, 06/07 and 15/16), and after 22/23 it was 38/39 before we went down.

4 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

any photographic update this week? I have not been able to get down to lesser this past week or so. 

Didn't bother last weekend as there wasn't much visible sign of change, went by the other night and they looked to have laid another layer of the pitch and some sort of membrane. They were also digging trenches to lay pipes the length of the pitch about seven/eight yards apart - not sure what these are for, they were mentioned at the members' meeting the other week but it was a bit vague what they were for. 

The trench around the pitch has also been filled in as well more foundation work around the South East corner of the ground. Picture isn't great as it's with the phone. 

thumbnail.jpg

2 hours ago, qpsnapper said:

Didn't bother last weekend as there wasn't much visible sign of change, went by the other night and they looked to have laid another layer of the pitch and some sort of membrane. They were also digging trenches to lay pipes the length of the pitch about seven/eight yards apart - not sure what these are for, they were mentioned at the members' meeting the other week but it was a bit vague what they were for. 

The trench around the pitch has also been filled in as well more foundation work around the South East corner of the ground. Picture isn't great as it's with the phone. 

thumbnail.jpg

I believe the pipes are ducts than can be used to run any future services (pipes, cables etc) under the pitch without having to dig it up.

I assume there will be some sort of drainage under the pitch too so it could also be part of that.

16 hours ago, qpsnapper said:

thumbnail.jpg

They might be field drains but the reference you make from the meeting was underground ducts, described as “future proofing” to allow service cables etc to be run under the pitch in future visits without having to open the surface.

14 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

I believe the pipes are ducts than can be used to run any future services (pipes, cables etc) under the pitch without having to dig it up.

I assume there will be some sort of drainage under the pitch too so it could also be part of that.

Just read this 😂 

Also notice what looks like a lot of piles in the north east corner? Or is it shoring up the existing wall? 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

On 08/04/2022 at 10:49, Mick1867 said:

Gonna stop talking about who we're getting in the play offs. We're not even there yet and you are giving me the fear! 

Wtf are you talking about mate? Never in doubt!

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hello southsiders

It’s about 30 years since I lived in Shawlands so my local knowledge isn’t what it was

I’m looking for a good place for my mother and I to go go brunch on Saturday within walking distance of Hampden

Battlefield Rest

On 09/04/2022 at 09:12, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Also notice what looks like a lot of piles in the north east corner? Or is it shoring up the existing wall? 

These are shoring up the wall on that side of the ground, the piles run most of the way behind the framework for the stand. There's a lot of foundation work in front of them as well.

A few pics from this afternoon showing the piling and foundation works. Also one showing the West side of the ground and an alcove in the terracing that's there - not sure what that's for? Also noticed that the Pentecostal Church which used the halls behind have moved to the church at the corner of Battlefield Road/Kings Park Road - perhaps the halls might be available if we wanted to expand our hospitality capacity?

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The menu looks great but more like a proper lunch option.

I'll book that for the final 

Grain & Grind on Battlefield Road is quite good. Nice coffee, good brunch options.

These are shoring up the wall on that side of the ground, the piles run most of the way behind the framework for the stand. There's a lot of foundation work in front of them as well.

A few pics from this afternoon showing the piling and foundation works. Also one showing the West side of the ground and an alcove in the terracing that's there - not sure what that's for? Also noticed that the Pentecostal Church which used the halls behind have moved to the church at the corner of Battlefield Road/Kings Park Road - perhaps the halls might be available if we wanted to expand our hospitality capacity?

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

Thanks. From the latest Arka drawings, looks like a return end to support the now temporarily defunct terrace from the original HM design. Probably just be used as a utility area pending the final phase where the west & north stands come together.

image.thumb.png.760bc71a9d721f5c7cf71a002378798a.png

5 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hello southsiders

It’s about 30 years since I lived in Shawlands so my local knowledge isn’t what it was

I’m looking for a good place for my mother and I to go go brunch on Saturday within walking distance of Hampden

Only on a QP thread would ye have a creepy b*****d asking where to go for brunch with his ma. This is what Haughey has to get rid of! 

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

Understand from my sister that they have only moved whilst repair work is being done on the old church.

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

Walked past Lesser earlier today as well and I'm having a hard time believing the assurances that it will be ready for the start of the league season

There’s a lot of focus on the pitch due to a specific window of time for it to grow properly. Once that’s done and the heavy machinery is gone there will be room for other trades. Even so, there is a lot of elements still to come together. Toilet blocks at each end of the east stand with substantial amount of brick/block work; disabled WC; emergency fire escape which now also incorporates a temporary turnstile for away fans (until South is open); concession stands; cladding; rails at front of stand; electrical; plumbing; signage; painting; home turnstiles; various in-situ concrete works. Plus, according to the original planning consent moving the pitch now necessitates relocation of all eight floodlights. This is part of the SFA license approval and is also a planning restriction on light pollution to local residents. Not a quick job. 

No idea how much works are planned for the Pavillion but as the design is still being discussed, and sounds like a moving target, that must be very tight now. The west stand was barely mentioned in the recent meeting and it won’t be approved to open until the adjoining kitchen area is deemed safe and compliant. 

There’s a lot of different trades to be brought into a relatively small area, all at the right time. There’s still issues with availability of some types of materials also. I also got a feeling at the meeting that the CEO thinks she can talk anyone round. Maybe she can but Building Control and the SFA Compliance folks will be a challenge. Maybe the benefactor has friends in right places?

Your concerns are well founded.