Queen’s Park 21/22

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We need to get back to Lesser ASAP, I think everyone accepts that, and if the initial capacity is 1000, we'll just need to make that work. I can't see many wanting to put off the return until the capacity is upped.  I just want back to our ain hoose.

The temporary seating shout is a good one, but remember some of the place may well be a building site so it might not be possible. 

Agree with this  - Lesser with a capacity of c1,000 may not be ideal but it is better than playing in some god-forsaken corner of Lanarkshire. I don't think anyone wants to go back to Firhill!!

I'd be delighted if we can fill lesser every week!!

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

Agree with this  - Lesser with a capacity of c1,000 may not be ideal but it is better than playing in some god-forsaken corner of Lanarkshire. I don't think anyone wants to go back to Firhill!!

I'd be delighted if we can fill lesser every week!!

JT1867's disappointment is understandable but without going over old ground, we're still being hampered by the failure of the original rebuild plan. Even at that though, the Celtic Park rebuild was in stages too. Numbers and scale much bigger of course but it took over 3 years to complete and many more for the surrounding infrastructure to be upgraded. When the North stand (The Jungle) was completed, it, and the main stand, came to around 35k seats, just a bit over half of the final capacity. At least the continued delay is now clearly down to a much improved design plus significant additional works such as the revamped Pavillion, new kitchen/dining facility and a superior West stand, and of course a new pitch. There's a lot of moving parts still to be put in place so it's enough of a challenge establishing all of this. 

On 01/04/2022 at 20:03, JT1867 said:

We got a 2,000+ attendance in our first game back after the Commonwealth Games (in the middle of winter), and with the amount of engagement with local schools and community groups recently you would hope there's a lot of potential fans out there who would want to watch us at Lesser when we return. 

We only got over 2,000 at that game because the club gave away hundreds of free tickets to the local community as well as reducing the entrance fee to a fiver. As BYOS said, we were back to the usual 500 or so the next game

1,000 will only be an issue if we end up in the Championship. It will be more than enough for the vast majority of games if we're in League 1. Obviously not for games against Falkirk and QOS/Dunfermline but they're just gonna have to accept what we give them. Don't really see what option we have tbh. Do we really want another season of groundsharing elsewhere? Not me anyway -  get that in the bin!

We've had a few temporary stands at TFS over the years 

The two along the side of the pitch held 1,058 in total and the one behind the goal held 735

From memory we had to sell them out 3 times a season to make having them financially viable 

1562842678_ScreenShot2022-04-05at10_05_24.thumb.png.da82fe70260a07ce30c661688113b4c5.png

423294846_ScreenShot2022-04-05at10_09_52.thumb.png.75104c069c282bd6e7dfe1c0b4d17c67.png

On the outside chance we do go up, there’s no way we can go with 990 seats. Could get away with 1500 seats. Temp stand, as mentioned, would solve that one and bring us in extra money as well. 

21 hours ago, an86 said:

On the outside chance we do go up, there’s no way we can go with 990 seats. Could get away with 1500 seats. Temp stand, as mentioned, would solve that one and bring us in extra money as well. 

I agree; I'd rather we had the capacity higher. For me I hope this is temporary and the build towards a higher capacity will be ongoing throughout the season. 990 souls packed in at lesser should be a good atmosphere; with the club building on the excellent community work over the past 12 months. 

At this stage, I just want to be back watching the team on the South Side.

Edited by CathcartSkins

4 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

I agree; I'd rather we had the capacity higher. For me I hope this is temporary and the build towards a higher capacity will be ongoing throughout the season. 990 souls packed in at lesser should be a good atmosphere; with the club building on the excellent community work over the past 12 months. 

At this stage, I just to be back watching the team on the South Side.

Just surmising, but the East stand was more or less ready to go from the original design and the steelwork had been procured so it made sense to get that done. Then the focus was about the west stand, called the Director's stand in the planning application, which is where the revenue can be made from sponsors etc. Once that was drawn up, the pitch had to be moved so that the Laird and other dignitaries could sit at the halfway line. And the new works for the dressing rooms invited common sense to get the Pavilion tidied up. Makes sense so far.

Moving the pitch allows space for the South stand, which wasn't on the original application. Can't see any good reason why the South stand can't be worked on once the East stand is open. It's effectively a standalone project with no sign of integration with the West. Plenty of room at the north end for site huts, plant etc. From what I've seen, they could speed it up hugely by buying prefabricated concrete steps and order the steelwork and roof early. 3 months tops. Assuming the necessary trades are available.

13 hours ago, an86 said:

Another win for Dunfermline. Ayr at Somerset Park in a playoff could be some away day.

I think it's the tie that would give us the best chance of progressing too. Their form has been poor recently, and to be dragged into a playoff spot would likely (and hopefully) be quite demoralising. I'd fancy our chances across two matches.

7 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I think it's the tie that would give us the best chance of progressing too. Their form has been poor recently, and to be dragged into a playoff spot would likely (and hopefully) be quite demoralising. I'd fancy our chances across two matches.

With all the draws you've had this season , could you do a Brechin and go up by winning penalty kick success? Any game against Ayr would indeed be interesting as they have been erratic. You'd have to stop Mcinroy getting a late winner. Much as I don't like the 10 team leagues , the play offs have been a good innovation.( Despite our record).

15 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

With all the draws you've had this season , could you do a Brechin and go up by winning penalty kick success? Any game against Ayr would indeed be interesting as they have been erratic. You'd have to stop Mcinroy getting a late winner. Much as I don't like the 10 team leagues , the play offs have been a good innovation.( Despite our record).

Ayr with a habit of late winners/equalisers? That’s us f*cked then.

On 27/03/2022 at 15:23, qpsnapper said:

Not too many obvious changes to Lesser this week, the gravel base layer has been completed for the whole pitch and a trench has been dug around it.

any photographic update this week? I have not been able to get down to lesser this past week or so. 

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Gonna stop talking about who we're getting in the play offs. We're not even there yet and you are giving me the fear! 

At least its not the relegation playoffs ,as in the past after we got promoted it was straight back the following season, with one exception when it was two