Queen’s Park 21/22

I realise your man haughey is absolutely caked but have to question the sustainability of the finances at your club no? Although don’t think FFP is really looked at at this level although it should be

2 hours ago, qpsnapper said:

Not too many obvious changes to Lesser this week, the gravel base layer has been completed for the whole pitch and a trench has been dug around it.

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0579.JPG

Both south and west stands are steel framed which will have a lead time. They’ll go up pretty quick. Still, thought the south stand concrete might have started by now but it looks like a plant hire depot at the moment. The new design (Directors stand now Granted) is much improved but that means more co-ordination between trades and more services to get under the ground. League cup starts first week July so about 15 weeks away. Tight!

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Good to see a lot of new fans kicking around in replica shirts etc. yesterday. Can’t fault the way the club are going about trying to attract new fans. In terms of the likes of the asylum seekers and refugee groups, it’d be good if we could have an engagement event of some sort and make them really feel like part of the club and get to know people. Maybe even get them to Montrose away or something. I’d certainly be willing to put towards an initiative like that, paying for bus/entry etc.

7 hours ago, David kaye said:

O c and s s were in the dugout Saturday   pleasant shock

Any rule book experts clear this one up? Have to think we’ve been given the all clear to have them there, but an odd one if they’re technically under contract at another club.

On 27/03/2022 at 13:00, Aufc said:

I realise your man haughey is absolutely caked but have to question the sustainability of the finances at your club no? Although don’t think FFP is really looked at at this level although it should be

As an aside, I believe your own club is kept afloat by directors' loans. We all do our best with what's available to us.

I'm not sure that FFP applies to clubs not appearing in Europe. We'll face that when it happens. By that time, we'll have set the Club up to be generating oodles of cash every week. Bring it on 

Edited by Hampden Diehard

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Any rule book experts clear this one up? Have to think we’ve been given the all clear to have them there, but an odd one if they’re technically under contract at another club.

There was a mention in one of the Club epistles, thanking his Indian club for being so accommodating. I can't see Queen's making an erse of this. 

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

There was a mention in one of the Club epistles, thanking his Indian club for being so accommodating. I can't see Queen's making an erse of this. 

Hope not, otherwise TMWNN, will surely have a lot to answer for. Whatever has happened to him?

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I doubt there's anything relevant to the SPFL or SFA. If it's a contractual obligation between Jamshedpur and yourselves I'd imagine that would be the sum total of the interested parties.

If someone gets a hold of a teamsheet though that would clear up the roles they are covering. Up to 6 technical area staff should be named on the teamsheet with their club roles.

There's SFA club licensing stuff that applies but I imagine it's only especially relevant at the time of the licensing application:

image.thumb.png.69121eb961c3f9f0830b767f46b86705.png

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I doubt there's anything relevant to the SPFL or SFA. If it's a contractual obligation between Jamshedpur and yourselves I'd imagine that would be the sum total of the interested parties.

If someone gets a hold of a teamsheet though that would clear up the roles they are covering. Up to 6 technical area staff should be named on the teamsheet with their club roles.

There's SFA club licensing stuff that applies but I imagine it's only especially relevant at the time of the licensing application:

image.thumb.png.69121eb961c3f9f0830b767f46b86705.png

Might be why John Potter is still involved. He was listed as ‘Coach’ in Saturday’s programme. No mention of Coyle or Stewart. 

Some generalised feedback for QP fans unable to attend last night’s meeting. The meeting opened with respectful tones from The President that this was the members meeting. The other speakers also stressed that this was our club. Big improvement on last summer’s meeting.

CEO Leanne Dempster updated us on club development, largely about the stadium redevelopment and the plans for the Pollok Park campus. It’s still planned to open the stadium for our first “league game” which I took to mean our first game of the season. The East stand will be first with away sharing initially. The pitch is being laid in a couple of weeks. Confirmed it’s hybrid with built-in drainage and service ducts beneath. Some form of hospitality will be available but not yet the west stand and catering building. Revamped Pavillion most likely. She was a bit fuzzy on timings. Unclear on whether the south stand will be built within next season or in time for 23-24. North stand on hold pending completion of the rest.

The Lochinch development has significant investment plans and the club expects to sign a very long term lease this summer. This is subject to current legal negotiations and thereby no further info at this time. The Nether Pollok part is a pipeline project at the moment, subject to Lochinch being settled.

DoF Marijn Beuker gave an excellent presentation on how his development programme works. Way too much detail for here but suffice to say everyone in the room was spellbound. It’ll be a quantum leap for QPFC. We’re lucky to have him. We have time for this whereas other teams driven by just this week’s results don’t. Unlike some other clubs I know of, the Community programme won’t just be about revenue, it’ll actually form the first stage of player recruitment. The Dutch approach will attract the quality of youngster who normally ends up at Lenzie or Murray Park.

New head coach/manager (his words) Owen Coyle gave an impromptu speech and made it clear that the club’s ambition this year is still to get promoted. The immediate task is to consolidate our play-off position and then, in his words, go toe-to-toe with whoever. We have a winner at our club! More importantly, he and Beuker are on the same track, albeit at different parts of the journey, and acknowledge each others skills are complimentary.  The President separately confirmed we are still going for promotion.

Very positive evening, respectful to the audience, professionally delivered. Good times to be a QP fan.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Some generalised feedback for QP fans unable to attend last night’s meeting. The meeting opened with respectful tones from The President that this was the members meeting. The other speakers also stressed that this was our club. Big improvement on last summer’s meeting.

CEO Leanne Dempster updated us on club development, largely about the stadium redevelopment and the plans for the Pollok Park campus. It’s still planned to open the stadium for our first “league game” which I took to mean our first game of the season. The East stand will be first with away sharing initially. The pitch is being laid in a couple of weeks. Confirmed it’s hybrid with built-in drainage and service ducts beneath. Some form of hospitality will be available but not yet the west stand and catering building. Revamped Pavillion most likely. She was a bit fuzzy on timings. Unclear on whether the south stand will be built within next season or in time for 23-24. North stand on hold pending completion of the rest.

The Lochinch development has significant investment plans and the club expects to sign a very long term lease this summer. This is subject to current legal negotiations and thereby no further info at this time. The Nether Pollok part is a pipeline project at the moment, subject to Lochinch being settled.

DoF Marijn Beuker gave an excellent presentation on how his development programme works. Way too much detail for here but suffice to say everyone in the room was spellbound. It’ll be a quantum leap for QPFC. We’re lucky to have him. We have time for this whereas other teams driven by just this week’s results don’t. Unlike some other clubs I know of, the Community programme won’t just be about revenue, it’ll actually form the first stage of player recruitment. The Dutch approach will attract the quality of youngster who normally ends up at Lenzie or Murray Park.

New head coach/manager (his words) Owen Coyle gave an impromptu speech and made it clear that the club’s ambition this year is still to get promoted. The immediate task is to consolidate our play-off position and then, in his words, go toe-to-toe with whoever. We have a winner at our club! More importantly, he and Beuker are on the same track, albeit at different parts of the journey, and acknowledge each others skills are complimentary.  The President separately confirmed we are still going for promotion.

Very positive evening, respectful to the audience, professionally delivered. Good times to be a QP fan.

Thanks for the update - much appreciated.

It all sounds very promising.

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Revamped Pavillion most likely. She was a bit fuzzy on timings. Unclear on whether the south stand will be built within next season or in time for 23-24. North stand on hold pending completion of the rest.

So, let's say within the next two or three seasons the plan is to have a stand on each side of the ground? Do we know what capacity that would provide?