Queen’s Park 21/22

26 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Random question, but does anyone remember this guy playing for QP?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Zarrelli

Apparently he was famous for being a con man and had tried to dupe multiple clubs into signing him.

Never played for us so that's drivel. We got relegated that season so he might have been worth a try 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Random question, but does anyone remember this guy playing for QP?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Zarrelli

Apparently he was famous for being a con man and had tried to dupe multiple clubs into signing him.

Yes - although he was just in as a trialist and never signed. He was always "injured" and he lived up to his reputation!

Edited to add - no idea where the 15 appearances comes from - as Mick1867 says he never played for us. 

Edited by qpsnapper

17 hours ago, an86 said:

If the SFA want to rent out our stadium for any reason, I’d take the absolute piss out of them price wise. If they don’t want to pay up, we can run our own events and take the profit. 

A million times this. They shafted us and even a small concession like having one last game at Hampden in front of a crowd seems to be off the radar. (I'm assuming we've asked). 

We owe them nothing and nothing would give me greater pleasure than having a fanzone at big games run by, and for the coffers of, Queen's Park.

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

All the fitba, all the gigs at Hampden... We surely need to be working this kinda stuff into the operating model.

I believe there us a plan in place to capitalise on large crowds at Hampden without any tie to the SFA etc. basically a stand alone venue like any other pub etc but we just happen to be the closest to the gig.

I see no issue with the June 1st info. The statement suggests that Coyle is going to be involved heavily for the remaining games of the season, although probably not in the dugout for match days. 

Going by Beuker’s words in the final paragraph, it seems like he’s insinuating that the appointment will essentially allow him to do his job now and work towards next season. I’d imagine that means his responsibility for taking training during the week will now be much limited or taken away completely for him to do what he was employed for in the first place 

Edited by qpfc

I must confess that I was a Jack Ross fan back in January but the more I read about his playing style and Owen Coyle's style and achievements I think this is a most exciting appointment. I wish him well. I assume that Sandy Stewart will come with the package which would be icing on the cake. Greg Stewart would be a big fat cherry.

The June date must be a contractual thing and the CEO is keeping it tidy for both parties sake. Makes it improbable he’ll be on the dugout but will certainly be involved at Lochinch and the dressing room on match days. He’s certainly got it in his locker to get us through the knockout play-offs. We’ll see if the players can live up to that. Most importantly for me he can make a real close inspection of what we have, what can be made better, what’s not going to work and get all the shapes sorted for a summer transfer charge, some of which might be tied up long before we know about it.

We now have a short, medium and long term plan all in a straight line. We might make something of this professional malarkey yet. Welcome to our club Own Coyle.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

22 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Looks like Cambuslang Rangers won their league yesterday. Wonder if Scott Williamson is free to join us for the remaining games.

I understand we are outside the registration window for recalling loan players for them to be eligible for league (and potential play-off) games. Clyde were penalised for doing this a few years back.