Queen’s Park 21/22

11 hours ago, Mr. Smith said:

I wasn't aware there was going to be a fourth stand. Has that been confirmed?

I don't think that we have planning permission yet, even for a West Stand. We have I think, got planning for a structure, to replace the old farm house that will be for Directors only and that will have only 40 seats. 

Think Ronan Darcy should stick to 30 yard screamers rather than pool. 6 minutes, potted only a few before conceding. 

https://twitter.com/queensparkfc/status/1503762955304947714?t=AF1yAVID-KC8xNb7KR2M7w&s=19

Fair play to QP for putting some social content up. Something simple like this or a Q&A with a player gives the fans some insight.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

The stadium capacity is such a tough one to judge. I’m of the mind that I’d rather it was too wee for games we’re very rarely going to play and feel busy for regular games. Not sure what our maximum support potential could be in the future. Actually think we’re playing it smart. If it gets to the point where we need to expand, then it’s a good thing. Things will obviously have been going well.

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Think Ronan Darcy should stick to 30 yard screamers rather than pool. 6 minutes, potted only a few before conceding. 

https://twitter.com/queensparkfc/status/1503762955304947714?t=AF1yAVID-KC8xNb7KR2M7w&s=19

Fair play to QP for putting some social content up. Something simple like this or a Q&A with a player gives the fans some insight.

Before the recent upturn in form, the Queenies faithful turned into a baying mob at prior portrayals of their playing squad as human beings. Brave of their social media team to keep at it!

On 20/01/2022 at 19:27, an86 said:

Have to imagine it was us and Killie. If the March thing isn’t a red herring, I’ve another theory. I’m not saying it’s a theory I’m particularly in favour of, but a theory nonetheless.

Indian Super League finishes in March. Owen Coyle manages there. Like our benefactor, he is a Gorbals boy and they may or may not have crossed paths over the years. Lived in the area for years and often saw him out running or at the sadly departed Michael’s chippy.

You could spin it two ways if you wanted. Disastrous spell at Ross County and a yesterday’s man who hasn’t reallty moved with the coaching times. His record after Burnley is, ahem, below average.

Conversely, a former English top flight manager, with experience at Championship level and the MLS, who has had relative success at a lower level in Scotland. It wouldn’t be my pick by any means, but I’m scrambling about looking for clues and logic as to why it might be March!

D2193320-7351-4AF0-972A-981E7793AEBF.jpeg.c4df8b28f18860ca519204cf15333078.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Interesting. Not instantly blown away but definitely take it. No concerns over the training and fitness stuff given the set up these days.

Looking forward to the intense speculation and analysis of Jamshedpur playing style over the next few days. 

I can see ways in which it could be a roaring success and ways in which it could be disastrous. Clearly done well at Jamshedpur. Our most successful managers have had elements of bruising on their CV before arriving, as is pretty much always going to be the case. 

Has a reputation as a good man manager, rather than a master tactician, which is why it is a wee bit surprising. He’s obviously got something. Won promotions and titles and managed in different continents. Certainly couldn’t have appointed a better guy as someone you’d want representing the club as well. I don’t think this one is going to be dull.

31 minutes ago, an86 said:

I can see ways in which it could be a roaring success and ways in which it could be disastrous. Clearly done well at Jamshedpur. Our most successful managers have had elements of bruising on their CV before arriving, as is pretty much always going to be the case. 

Has a reputation as a good man manager, rather than a master tactician, which is why it is a wee bit surprising. He’s obviously got something. Won promotions and titles and managed in different continents. Certainly couldn’t have appointed a better guy as someone you’d want representing the club as well. I don’t think this one is going to be dull.

he's clearly ready for the challenge

image.png.4719c45dac5eb38fa2fb7ee0fdd93f88.png

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Enjoyed the 3-0 Glasgow Cup win at Broadwood courtesy of the Clyde stream. Three good goals and looked very comfortable the longer the game went on.

Ended up 3-1. Late penalty for them.

Up until the Ross County Debacle, every time there was a managerial vacancy at Airdrie there was a call for a return of the playing legend that was Owen Coyle as Manager, since then I think most Airdrie fans have decided that he wasnt that good as a manager, his statistics would suggest that he has been on a decline with every team he has managed, and also has a habit of bailing out when the going gets tough.  The table on Wikipedia makes interesting reading - Falkirk fans would bite your hand off for a win percentage of 63% but look how it has consistantly fallen with each club, to a miserable 18% at Ross County.  Even in India it has been average.  I wonder if Sandy Stewart will be by his side again??

Managerial record by team and tenure
Team From To Record
P W D L Win %
Falkirk 31 January 2003 20 May 2003 19 12 3 4 63.16
St Johnstone 15 April 2005 22 November 2007 70 36 19 15 51.43
Burnley 22 November 2007 5 January 2010 116 49 29 38 42.24
Bolton Wanderers 8 January 2010 9 October 2012 126 42 24 60 33.33
Wigan Athletic 14 June 2013 2 December 2013 23 7 6 10 30.43
Houston Dynamo 8 December 2014 25 May 2016 49 16 11 22 32.65
Blackburn Rovers 2 June 2016 21 February 2017 37 11 8 18 29.73
Ross County 28 September 2017 1 March 2018 22 4 5 13 18.18
Chennaiyin 3 December 2019 14 March 2020 15 8 3 4 53.33
Jamshedpur 7 August 2020 Present 40 20 10 10 50.00
Total 517 205 118 194 39.65

Hard to get too excited about Owen Coyle as an appointment, but he does have a good amount of experience managing at the top level. In any case, it's taken us long enough, so you can only hope that more thought has gone into this appointment than either of the past two.