Queen’s Park 21/22

I wouldn’t be too disheartened with Coyle in all honesty but I do struggle to think that he fits the philosophy or profile that Beuker and Dempster crave so much. Like what’s been said already, many ex pros have suggested that his training is more of a kick about and a laugh. No chance Beuker will say aye to that 

10 hours ago, an86 said:

Thought we might have had movement on the coach front this week. Now convinced it’s Owen Coyle and we’re awaiting the end of the Indian Super League playoffs. Can’t think of any other reason for the delay now.

Waiting all this time to announce Coyle would take some beating. Not many good things said about him from players he previously managed.

2 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

If we are waiting on the Indian League to finish; is David Robertson about to leave Real Kashmir? Am sure that would make for an enjoyable watch next season.

Our more sensitive fans would be seething about his swearing 

2 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

If we are waiting on the Indian League to finish; is David Robertson about to leave Real Kashmir? Am sure that would make for an enjoyable watch next season.

Not a bad shout actually. His stint in Kashmir has that making-the-best-of culture that would fit where we are at the moment.

15 hours ago, qpfc said:

I wouldn’t be too disheartened with Coyle in all honesty but I do struggle to think that he fits the philosophy or profile that Beuker and Dempster crave so much. Like what’s been said already, many ex pros have suggested that his training is more of a kick about and a laugh. No chance Beuker will say aye to that 

Bringyourownsocks will be raging with this take 

On 12/03/2022 at 08:01, CathcartSkins said:

You really really don’t want Robertson as manager.  He was one of our worst .. and we’ve had more than our fair share 😂😂

A couple of pictures from Lesser today. All the plastic is gone from the pitch and they are now lifting the base layer that was beneath it. Most of the concrete for the walkway at the back of the East stand has been poured, and there has been foundation work done at either end of the stand. What looks like an access road has been built at the North East corner of the ground, although the perimeter fence there is still intact.

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

8 hours ago, JT1867 said:

Noticed that the ballboys yesterday were wearing Macron hoodies and rain jackets with QP badges. A sign of things to come next season?

I wouldn't read too much into it. The ball boys are mostly from the QP community teams who have worn those (cheaper?) kits for a while now.

Of course that doesn't rule out Macron for the main squads next season. Pretty clear it won't be admiral as we're selling all that stuff off half price to clear it out.

For what it's worth I've bought a few of the admiral items and I quite like them.

5 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

For what it's worth I've bought a few of the admiral items and I quite like them.

Agreed. Best gear we’ve had in terms of style and quality. Adidas or Umbro would be the only possible upgrade.

On another note, as much as there may be the odd disagreement on the on-field side, I think we’re doing some great stuff off the field. Reaching out to refugees and asylum seekers, in particular, is exactly the sort of thing I want to see from our club. Giving access to football, something most of us take for granted, and a social setting, to people who don’t have a lot can mean so much and make a huge difference. When we get home, I really hope we can build on making a lot of these folk QP fans. 

7 hours ago, an86 said:

Agreed. Best gear we’ve had in terms of style and quality. Adidas or Umbro would be the only possible upgrade.

On another note, as much as there may be the odd disagreement on the on-field side, I think we’re doing some great stuff off the field. Reaching out to refugees and asylum seekers, in particular, is exactly the sort of thing I want to see from our club. Giving access to football, something most of us take for granted, and a social setting, to people who don’t have a lot can mean so much and make a huge difference. When we get home, I really hope we can build on making a lot of these folk QP fans. 

Couldn't agree more. This is one of the reasons I'm underwhelmed by the new stadium plans in terms of capacity. I'd hoped we'd be a bit more ambitious and have plenty of space for a hopefully growing fan base while still able to accommodate these sort of initiatives regularly.

I know it won't happen over night, but my fear is that if we eventually get established in the Championship with an increased support and larger away allocations then the free tickets for those in the community that would be otherwise excluded will be the first thing to go.

I fully expect that there will be some comments from folk who don't see this as a priority, but I'd like to think that the majority of our support would be behind these initiatives for the long term.

9 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Couldn't agree more. This is one of the reasons I'm underwhelmed by the new stadium plans in terms of capacity. I'd hoped we'd be a bit more ambitious and have plenty of space for a hopefully growing fan base while still able to accommodate these sort of initiatives regularly.

I know it won't happen over night, but my fear is that if we eventually get established in the Championship with an increased support and larger away allocations then the free tickets for those in the community that would be otherwise excluded will be the first thing to go.

I fully expect that there will be some comments from folk who don't see this as a priority, but I'd like to think that the majority of our support would be behind these initiatives for the long term.

There’s still the North stand to be built. It’ll be tight as it is for next July. Once the three other sides are in operation, the fourth stand can come in fairly quickly. 

14 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Aye, no club that built a stadium a bit bigger than they needed has ever regretted it. Go for 10k, show a bit of ambition.

Aye, no club that built a stadium a bit bigger than they needed has ever regretted it. Go for 10k, show a bit of ambition.
For a home support of what 600 or so. A smaller ground say 5-6k with decent hospitality, bar facilities for fans of both clubs is the way to go. Artificial ground to generate money. Build something that the club can make its finances self sustainable. Not a shit tip like Airdrie and Broadwood.

3 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

For a home support of what 600 or so. A smaller ground say 5-6k with decent hospitality, bar facilities for fans of both clubs is the way to go. Artificial ground to generate money. Build something that the club can make its finances self sustainable. Not a shit tip like Airdrie and Broadwood.

Aye, thanks for that, Einstein.

1 minute ago, foreverarover said:
9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

To be fair to those two they were victims of the madness of authority. Falkirk lost out on promotion twice due to under capacity stadium. Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Killie. All stuck with massive stands seldom filled. 

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

There’s still the North stand to be built. It’ll be tight as it is for next July. Once the three other sides are in operation, the fourth stand can come in fairly quickly. 

I wasn't aware there was going to be a fourth stand. Has that been confirmed?