Queen’s Park 21/22

From the email sent to members from David Hunter on 4 Feb 

"Those who live locally, or who have seen pictures on social media, will have noticed the progress with our new East Stand.  We are working flat out to ensure we are ready to start next season at our redeveloped home.  We are on track, but will need to use every day light minute to complete the job.  One of the other important topics the club is wrestling with is the type of playing surface we will use next season.  There are pros and cons whichever type of surface is adopted.  I hope to be able to update Members on this aspect of Lesser Hampden in the near future"

21 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

From the email sent to members from David Hunter on 4 Feb 

"Those who live locally, or who have seen pictures on social media, will have noticed the progress with our new East Stand.  We are working flat out to ensure we are ready to start next season at our redeveloped home.  We are on track, but will need to use every day light minute to complete the job.  One of the other important topics the club is wrestling with is the type of playing surface we will use next season.  There are pros and cons whichever type of surface is adopted.  I hope to be able to update Members on this aspect of Lesser Hampden in the near future"

Was there not also an agreement that the regular President's Update would resume?

45 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Was there not also an agreement that the regular President's Update would resume?

"I said at our Annual General Meeting the club would look to provide more regular updates as we move into 2022"

But who knows how regular these will be. If it's monthly then.......

Tick Tock Muthafucka! GIF - Hitmans Bodyguard Hitmans Bodyguard GI Fs  Samuel L Jackson - Discover & Share GIFs

16 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I really don't get it. After the last presentation I was prepared to accept the Covid line, and that certain things couldn't be said for contractual reasons. But despite the unambiguous message from the fans, and the assurances given, it seems there is an on-going black-out and disregard for the current fanbase. I thought maybe I was over-reacting because of the frustrating football, but it's appalling to hear of this from the contractor's tweet. There are maybe reasons why we can't hear of progress with the park, a new hybrid pitch, the situation with the Firhill contract, lack of manager, the January window, and should be grateful to know we have a sponsorship with Big-Bobble Hats.

I’m grateful for the Big-Bobble Hats. By some distance the most entertaining part of Saturday afternoon.

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

"I said at our Annual General Meeting the club would look to provide more regular updates as we move into 2022"

But who knows how regular these will be. If it's monthly then.......

Tick Tock Muthafucka! GIF - Hitmans Bodyguard Hitmans Bodyguard GI Fs  Samuel L Jackson - Discover & Share GIFs

It’s that sleight of hand again🤨 The implied comparator would be 2021 when their wasn’t enough updates to define irregular let alone regular. But as it’s good news, I’ll go for this Friday.

To be fair, as club president he’ll still be waiting on the e mail from Team Haughey.

January could quite comfortably be our worst month of recruitment ever. Reid came with glowing reviews from St Mirren, yet we’ve refused to play him at any point? I have no doubt that either Reid himself or St Mirren were quite rightly raging with the lack of game time for a team desperate for new bodies or any actual ability. 

An absolute Car crash of a season from top to bottom and this sums it up 

I'm not that fussed about Reid going back to St Mirren. Thought he looked OK at Cove and poor against East Fife when he did come off the bench. I just don't know why we signed him in the first place when he's absolutely not the sort of player we needed.

10 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I'm not that fussed about Reid going back to St Mirren. Thought he looked OK at Cove and poor against East Fife when he did come off the bench. I just don't know why we signed him in the first place when he's absolutely not the sort of player we needed.

I think it’s more the principal of how our transfer dealings have been conducted rather than the player itself that’s the issue. The kid hadn’t even been here 30 days and yet in that period it was enough for st Mirren to conclude that his development shouldn’t be continued at qp any longer. I do think the managerial situation has a massive part in this. Being continued to be coached by a guy that’s never actually managed whilst also warming the bench on match days is hardly going to fast track Reid’s progress nevermind any footballer 

On 28/02/2022 at 19:02, bobthespider said:

Would imagine if we don’t sign a striker tonight then the management have given up on the rest of the season. Obvious to everyone who had to sit through the game on Saturday what is required….no excuses for not getting someone in .

So everyone agrees that we messed up by not signing a striker.

The saving grace is that Clyde thought, "what could be worse than not signing a striker?" 

Their thread is hugely entertaining at the moment.

16 hours ago, qpfc said:

An absolute Car crash of a season from top to bottom and this sums it up 

Car Crash!

With 9 games to go, a play-off spot totally within our control, losing only 4 games all season, best defence of nearest rivals, the excitement of the twin attack of Quitongo and McHugh, a defensive wall of Grant and Fox, Primary school kids screaming their lungs oot .

All this on back of total ineptitude within the Boardroom, who seem to have taken on a vow of silence the Carmelite nuns would be proud of. 

Aye car crash right enough! 

Bring back the Glory Years of when we finished bottom of the pile! 

On 01/03/2022 at 15:16, Big Badger said:

Dylan Reid away back to St Mirren after two loan appearances. What a waste of a loan signing. This fucking club. 

Have St Mirren not just talken on a new Manager (we can but dream) who may well have summoned the boy back, to take a view on all the talent he has at his disposal;  especially as the Buddies have a few suspensions to contend with.    

7 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

Have St Mirren not just talken on a new Manager (we can but dream) who may well have summoned the boy back, to take a view on all the talent he has at his disposal;  especially as the Buddies have a few suspensions to contend with.    

Last few seconds of his welcome interview ….Sean: ”What’s your hopes for the next few months”? Dylan: “play as many games as possible, get as many minutes”. Sounds like he was expecting to be here more than a month. 
https://queensparkfc.co.uk/meet-our-new-loan-players/

You could be right but his return hardly got a mention at St Mirren…. https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4334-dylan-reid-returns-from-queen-s-park