Queen’s Park 21/22

1 hour ago, CathcartSkins said:

We have scored some good goals from shots in and around the D.

We have to make better use of the posession when we do either; and to be fair there have been a raft of crosses into the box.  

Aye twice Smith has cut inside and scored belters but I prefer my wide players to create chances for others. Not enough accurate crosses for my liking and a lot of them just floated in after cutting inside. Full backs hate players that want to take them on in a race to the bye line (just a shame Quitongo hasn't been fully fit or up to speed) But I suppose you need strikers and attacking midfielders who can make intelligent runs ahead of the other defenders in the box to get on the end of these balls at the front or back post.

6 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

Defenders are always told to "jockey the winger down the line" - "don't let them cut inside" We have scored some good goals from shots in and around the D.

We have to make better use of the posession when we do either; and to be fair there have been a raft of crosses into the box.  

The way we’ve played a lot throughout the season seems to try and get both full backs involved as much as possible by getting them to hit the byline and whip the crosses instead of the wingers. Having Smith and longridge as inverted wingers isn’t a big issue as they are effective with the quick intricate passing in and around the box which can drag players out of position. This pretty much allows an overload on the opposition full backs when Doyle and Robson are bombing down the wings. Only issue is that as much as I love Doyle’s enthusiasm to get involved, his crossing can be fairly erratic to put it lightly. Robson’s deliveries have improved considerably but at the end of the day, we just don’t possess that player that can sniff chances in the box out of nowhere. That’s our primary issue 

Whats the chances we’ll bring a striker on loan this week? Surely there’s a couple clubs willing to loan some capable strikers out for the last quarter of the season ? 

Edited by qpfc

23 hours ago, qpfc said:

unfortunately it seemed like the club were content with Mchugh and Murray. We’ve paid the price for that decision 

Plus Baynham, to be fair, but there's no doubt that having no central striker has murdered us. And it was apparent last year that McHugh was never going to be a goal machine anyway.

22 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Poor guy doesn’t know if he’s punched, drilled or bored. Wonder how he’s feeling about Dempster today. I’d love to see the unedited version….cuts when he’s talking about the pitch.

Honest as ever and offering up no excuses. He needs to be getting on with the job he was brought in to do. This new manager better be worth the wait. Re. the pitch. It's a joke of course but we're not playing much better away from home. 

23 minutes ago, an86 said:

Thistle signing one as well. Better off just sticking a midfielder up there, though.

That Juan Alegria boy looks a talent. Saw him against Alloa in the SPFL Trust Trophy and briefly against us, he's quick and strongly built. Reckon he would bag quite a few in a decent L1 side. 

Partick's recruitment in the last 18 months has been fairly decent you got to say. Kyle Turner, Cammy Smith, Scott Tiffoney, Akinola. All solid additions. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I notice on twitter that a Turf company have announced they are building the new hybrid pitch at Lesser.

Good news that we have gone for the hybrid option and that work is starting.

Once again though this is something that members were promised an official update on………

10 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

I notice on twitter that a Turf company have announced they are building the new hybrid pitch at Lesser.

Once again though this is something that members were promised an official update on………

The perfect time to fling a good news story out as well. Place not exactly buzzing with enthusiasm at present. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

The perfect time to fling a good news story out as well. Place not exactly buzzing with enthusiasm at present. 

I really don't get it. After the last presentation I was prepared to accept the Covid line, and that certain things couldn't be said for contractual reasons. But despite the unambiguous message from the fans, and the assurances given, it seems there is an on-going black-out and disregard for the current fanbase. I thought maybe I was over-reacting because of the frustrating football, but it's appalling to hear of this from the contractor's tweet. There are maybe reasons why we can't hear of progress with the park, a new hybrid pitch, the situation with the Firhill contract, lack of manager, the January window, and should be grateful to know we have a sponsorship with Big-Bobble Hats.

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

This is honking. Surely the way to announce this is that we receive an email 5 minutes before it’s put up on the website.