Queen’s Park 21/22

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Beuker is on the phone to AZ Alkmaar begging to be taken back.

I really am struggling to see the plan. 5 loanees under 21 (6 including Darcy) - what does this say about our ‘incredible youth system’.

Squad is chalk full of players who don’t seem to care (Gillespie, McHugh prime culprits) and we are drifting towards mid table or worse at an alarming rate.

Should have been a great season for us but turning into an absolute mess now.

Edited by Big Badger

8 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Some info on Dylan Reid.

Really hope Dylan does really well for your team.

He has spent some time training with Benfica and other clubs like Bayern Munich have been watching his progress.

Time will tell whether he can continue to improve and take his game to a higher level, as the football world is littered with promising youngsters who fail to make the grade. 

Good luck. Keep us updated with his progress.

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

I suspect that we are heading  for 6th place. Getting to the play offs would be great but I'm not sure if I'd like us to win them.

If we somehow manage to reach them then I'd be absofuckinlutely delighted to win them. It'll be a new squad next season, no matter what division we end up in.   

I'd be ok with a few loans to tide us over until the end of the season and help secure a playoff spot as long as the plan is to replace the majority of this squad in the summer, regardless of what division we find ourselves in.

What I'm not convinced by though is that 2 (possibly 3 when/if Ronan Darcy is confirmed) relatively untested youngsters are the solution to the problems we've had for months. Hopefully I'm wrong and McBride ends up being the answer to our goalscoring woes.

Edited by Zanetti

2 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Davidson and Morrison?

I like Davidson, not a world beater but seems a decent player whenever needed. Morrison in terms of performances has really kicked on but I’m worried with his injuries. Couple of times this season he’s been subbed within 5 minutes of the game starting. I’m sick of having a crocked squad so would maybe look elsewhere 

18 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Davidson and Morrison?

My own view is that when we’re signing/offering deals to younger players, the thought should be whether they could potentially play in the league above the one we currently in. Whilst Morrison and Davidson aren’t bad players and I certainly wouldn’t be in tears at the prospect of either of them in next season’s squad, I’m not sure they fit that bill.

38 minutes ago, an86 said:

My own view is that when we’re signing/offering deals to younger players, the thought should be whether they could potentially play in the league above the one we currently in. Whilst Morrison and Davidson aren’t bad players and I certainly wouldn’t be in tears at the prospect of either of them in next season’s squad, I’m not sure they fit that bill.

Know what you mean but I thought Davidson was a standout at right back. He was much more effective at linking play than Doyle.

I'd like to see us go two up top (4-1-3-2 instead of our usual 4-2-3-1). Yeah we're hard to beat but boring as f@ck with no real goal threat. Get the new young lad Connor McBride (if he really is a striker) up there with McHugh and just have one sitting midfielder. Luca and Gillespie can flip a coin to get the subs bench because they've both been poor.

We're not going up or down this year imo so at least give us something to enjoy. The lack of urgency and belief to go for goal on match day is boring..  

Edited by QPSpider1867

11 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Know what you mean but I thought Davidson was a standout at right back. He was much more effective at linking play than Doyle.

I've decided that everything that happened that day against Falkirk was an absolute fluke 😛.......but aye he did do well that day. Doyle was a stand out for us at right back in League 2 but his performances this season have reduced in quality IMO. I love Doyle's passion and his commitment certainly can't be questioned but I actually think he's done better for us this season when he was filling in as a centre half.

2 hours ago, Big Badger said:

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Beuker is on the phone to AZ Alkmaar begging to be taken back.

I really am struggling to see the plan. 5 loanees under 21 (6 including Darcy) - what does this say about our ‘incredible youth system’.

Squad is chalk full of players who don’t seem to care (Gillespie, McHugh prime culprits) and we are drifting towards mid table or worse at an alarming rate.

Should have been a great season for us but turning into an absolute mess now.

McKinnon left because he didn't think the squad we had would be good enough to challenge for the title in League One. He was spot on.

The problem is that we were left with a group of players that was neither one thing nor the other: a mix of journeymen playing out what's left of their professional careers (Gillespie, McHugh, Longridge, Murray, Doyle, Kilday), players who would get into any team in League One but who've never been able to stay injury-free for any length of time (Grant, Quitongo), youths on loan from bigger teams and a couple of players who've come through our own youth set-up.

The only players who don't fit into any of those categories, guys who you could look to centre a starting XI around, are Wullie Muir, Liam Brown and Charlie Fox, but instead of building a team with a view towards next season we're already looking ahead to a clear-out and a reboot in the summer. A month on now from sacking Ellis, maybe we're waiting until then to appoint a new manager as well.

43 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

McKinnon left because he didn't think the squad we had would be good enough to challenge for the title in League One. He was spot on.

He signed a lot of them on 2 year contracts to be fair. But maybe he had to offer them such a deal to lure them down to League Two in the first place. 

48 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

The problem is that we were left with a group of players that was neither one thing nor the other: a mix of journeymen playing out what's left of their professional careers (Gillespie, McHugh, Longridge, Murray, Doyle, Kilday), players who would get into any team in League One but who've never been able to stay injury-free for any length of time (Grant, Quitongo), youths on loan from bigger teams and a couple of players who've come through our own youth set-up..

Agree. Murray and Grant can't get new contracts imo. Their wages and medical bills outweigh the performances and game time. Grant was a proper leader last year and Murray has gave some moments of magic but overall, the negatives outweigh the positives. From what I hear, QPFC has been extremely supportive with the level and quality of treatment both players have received but it's simply not sustainable or economical for QP to have these guys around. Grant has started less than 20 games I believe and Murray has sadly been nothing like we hoped. This was forecasted by many supports on here when we started signing so many injury-prone players.

Edited by QPSpider1867

On 31/01/2022 at 15:23, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Bit of a shot in the dark considering the level he’s signed from but definitely worth a punt imo, will be interesting to see how he turns out for you guys

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/cambuslang-rangers-hot-shot-snapped-26097982

Could be another Salim. 

Surprised it's only a pre-contract, a hot-shot is what we need right now.

Perhaps he's got current personal/work commitments that prevent him from coming straight away or mibbe Cambuslang wanted big bucks up front ?

1 minute ago, SLClyde said:

A player from Bolton and Blackburn on loan, but you aren’t spending much money 🤥

Maybe Clyde could afford a similar loan with all the money you'll save on Goodwillie's wages, once you all stop greeting about losing an unrepentant rapist.