Queen’s Park 21/22

24 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Airdrie have signed Brody Patterson on loan. Does anyone have any thoughts on him? I noticed be played fairly regularly last season before dropping out the team towards the end of the season. 

Can barely remember him but I'm sure he'll score the winner against us on Saturday if you play him. 

32 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Airdrie have signed Brody Patterson on loan. Does anyone have any thoughts on him? I noticed be played fairly regularly last season before dropping out the team towards the end of the season. 

He came in for Robson for a bit and did well. I’d say he’s an upgrade on Rico for you guys. Good signing.

47 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I really liked him last season. Had to bide his time to get into the team 1st half of last season but once he broke in, he looked considerably better than our current left back in Robson. Good going forward and intelligent on the ball but he’s also very solid defensively. Naturally I thought he’d be returning to qp this season given our ambitions but for some reason we didn’t go for it. 

Even going into this month and reading that several league 1 sides were after Paterson, I thought QP would be almost certain to be interested considering how underwhelming Robson has been this season. With the manager situation looking pretty bleak, we’ve really fell behind with the recruitment. Great signing for airdrie   

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Can barely remember him but I'm sure he'll score the winner against us on Saturday if you play him. 

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

He came in for Robson for a bit and did well. I’d say he’s an upgrade on Rico for you guys. Good signing.

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

I really liked him last season. Had to bide his time to get into the team 1st half of last season but once he broke in, he looked considerably better than our current left back in Robson. Good going forward and intelligent on the ball but he’s also very solid defensively. Naturally I thought he’d be returning to qp this season given our ambitions but for some reason we didn’t go for it. 

Even going into this month and reading that several league 1 sides were after Paterson, I thought QP would be almost certain to be interested considering how underwhelming Robson has been this season. With the manager situation looking pretty bleak, we’ve really fell behind with the recruitment. Great signing for airdrie   

Cheers, sounds like a decent signing then. We’ve spent most of the season playing right-footed players who aren’t left backs there, so he should be an upgrade and give us a more natural option there.

On another note, I was surprised to see them working on Lesser Hampden when I walked past about half 7 last Friday night. There’s usually not a lot going on when I go past during the day, hopefully this is the start of it progressing a bit quicker.

23 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Is everyone else remembering a totally different Will Baynham from the guy I remember watching last season? Looked like a decent enough striker at times in League Two, but I don't see how he'd improve the team much, as bad as Murray and McHugh have been/are. We badly need to sign a striker this week if we're to have any chance of even competing for the playoffs.

I guess we may never know, but I'm not so quick to write him off. I thought he was a good footballer, with both height and pace, and coming on to a game at just the right time in his career. Remember he only got occasional runs in the team with the manager favouring others, but did very well when asked. It's bold to say he wouldn't improve our team.  

For what it's worth, I think our team at the end of last season would defeat our current one, both on ability and desire.

7 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I guess we may never know, but I'm not so quick to write him off. I thought he was a good footballer, with both height and pace, and coming on to a game at just the right time in his career. Remember he only got occasional runs in the team with the manager favouring others, but did very well when asked. It's bold to say he wouldn't improve our team.  

For what it's worth, I think our team at the end of last season would defeat our current one, both on ability and desire.

Talking of missing but useful players, what happened to Stuart Morrison? Never seen any comments in the new temporary gaffer's pre-match story. Don't see him at fun-filled Lochinch either🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Talking of missing but useful players, what happened to Stuart Morrison? Never seen any comments in the new temporary gaffer's pre-match story. Don't see him at fun-filled Lochinch either🤷‍♂️

Yeah I think may have been a previous report, but I don 't think he's recovered from the ankle knock he took at Airdrie in December. I had also wondered about Darren Lyon, but I think he was finally mentioned on the injury list too. It seems Grant and maybe Longridge were fit, then not-fit?

16 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Yeah I think may have been a previous report, but I don 't think he's recovered from the ankle knock he took at Airdrie in December. I had also wondered about Darren Lyon, but I think he was finally mentioned on the injury list too. It seems Grant and maybe Longridge were fit, then not-fit?

Yeah, report said full squad available for Clyde game except Muir, Lyon, Baynham and Murray. That is why I was perplexed about the selection. I also missed what happened to Wullie?

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Where is Lochinch situated, is it a queens Park built facility or hired,  

On 25/01/2022 at 19:41, Mr November said:

On another note, I was surprised to see them working on Lesser Hampden when I walked past about half 7 last Friday night. There’s usually not a lot going on when I go past during the day, hopefully this is the start of it progressing a bit quicker.

I've seen them working in the evening a couple of times over the last few days as well, there were also some in on Sunday.

Also looks like the last of the concrete has been poured to form the steps of the East Stand in the last day or two.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

He was at Broadwood on Saturday on crutches and wearing one of those big protective boots.

4 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Yeah, report said full squad available for Clyde game except Muir, Lyon, Baynham and Murray. That is why I was perplexed about the selection. I also missed what happened to Wullie?

He was outside the ground behind the stand where QP were housed for the day, about 15 mins before kick-off. Looked fit and in good spirit. In his training kit.

4 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Might be in trouble if Kilday’s late departure is serious. Strange choice to put Thomson on for Kilday when Davidson was on the bench. Grant never made the bench so not likely to start.

Seems like most teams are doing their fair share of business this month regarding transfers, particularly our nearest rivals for the play offs in Falkirk who seem to have revamped their squad. Pathetic that with our garbage form, we’ve done absolutely nothing to improve things on the playing side. You look at the bench each week and there’s literally nobody you’d bring on other than a half fit Quitongo

Surely some players have got to come in before Saturday? Will be fuming if we end up with nobody