Queen’s Park 21/22

3 hours ago, Big Badger said:

I hope he isn’t going to post pictures of himself on the sidelines after every game. Bit of a riddy. As is not getting Partick Thistle’s name right. 

If it's more pictures of him in that black turtle neck then you won't find me complaining.

8 hours ago, qpfc said:

Genuine question, is Will Baynham actually still at the club? I get he had a serious concussion back in July and he’s not been able to play but he’s not even mentioned as being out in previews anymore and doesn’t appear to be in any training pictures, whereas he was in them a few months back. A real shame how it’s panned out for him this season

DF356D1F-3632-4D35-A92B-49DE1CE3D9DC.png

On 13/01/2022 at 21:30, JT1867 said:

Players have been told it's Marijn Beuker and John Potter - new manager won't start until March.

I’ve been trying to find any official club statement on when a new manager will start. Your post is the earliest I can find stating March. Was that a target date rather than a confirmed appointment? Was it a reliable source that told you March?

As well as occasionally winning football matches, this is exactly the sort of thing I’d like to see us doing. Obviously Boab never played at Lesser, but the general principle of what they’re doing for worthy causes is excellent. We could do worse than having a look at how Bohemians operate and do a bit of copying tbh.

Edited by an86

On 21/01/2022 at 11:49, qpfc said:

Genuine question, is Will Baynham actually still at the club? I get he had a serious concussion back in July and he’s not been able to play but he’s not even mentioned as being out in previews anymore and doesn’t appear to be in any training pictures, whereas he was in them a few months back. A real shame how it’s panned out for him this season

Shame about Baynham.  Falkirk fan I know, has just told me that Keena has left the club. Could we get him back?

5 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Shame about Baynham.  Falkirk fan I know, has just told me that Keena has left the club. Could we get him back?

He is going back to family in Ireland according to Falkirk website.

Re Will Baynham - he would have netted at least a hat-trick on Saturday. Those cross balls were made for him. Shame indeed.

Edited by williebraveheart

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

According to Daily Mail we are trying to tempt Jack Ross to become manager. Premier League in five years!

That would explain why his No. 2 got a short-term contract. Or it could be Jack Ross leaking an old story just to keep his name in the papers, for what he really wants. Clearly if he wanted to come to QP, he’d be here already.

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Clearly if he wanted to come to QP, he’d be here already.

I’d be wanting big budget assurances and a detailed plan in his position. An enormous risk for him to drop down because his career at a higher level is effectively done if this thing goes wrong. It’s both an attractive and very risky gig for anyone looking to protect a decent reputation. Can see why he’d be taking time to mull over it. 

Is everyone else remembering a totally different Will Baynham from the guy I remember watching last season? Looked like a decent enough striker at times in League Two, but I don't see how he'd improve the team much, as bad as Murray and McHugh have been/are. We badly need to sign a striker this week if we're to have any chance of even competing for the playoffs.

33 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Is everyone else remembering a totally different Will Baynham from the guy I remember watching last season? Looked like a decent enough striker at times in League Two, but I don't see how he'd improve the team much, as bad as Murray and McHugh have been/are. We badly need to sign a striker this week if we're to have any chance of even competing for the playoffs.

Completely agree. One of those ones when you’re struggling for options and the guy who is out injured becomes a better player than he actually is, in a case of wishful thinking.

7 minutes ago, an86 said:

Completely agree. One of those ones when you’re struggling for options and the guy who is out injured becomes a better player than he actually is, in a case of wishful thinking.

A fully fit Quitongo is the one that could make a real difference in the second half of the season. But who knows when he'll be back?

1 minute ago, Skeletar Spider said:

A fully fit Quitongo is the one that could make a real difference in the second half of the season. But who knows when he'll be back?

Has understandably looked off the pace. Really need two strikers in tbh. Rushing him back in is just asking for trouble. Off the bench and hopefully a few more Glasgow Cup/bounce games will see him get sharper.

2 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Agree with this. Baynham certainly showed some promise and you would hope he would improve the team a bit but seeing him as the saviour is a tad on the optimistic side. 

4 hours ago, an86 said:

I’d be wanting big budget assurances and a detailed plan in his position. An enormous risk for him to drop down because his career at a higher level is effectively done if this thing goes wrong. It’s both an attractive and very risky gig for anyone looking to protect a decent reputation. Can see why he’d be taking time to mull over it. 

It doesn’t make sense pursuing Ross, other than nobody else is interested and it gives Dempster a notch on her belt. The last two games without Ellis have been just as bad. We started on Saturday with a more direct approach through the channels but it wasn’t sustained. The Dutchman’s got his work cut-out getting the old lags into his style in jig time.

So anyone at Ross’ level will want similar to the way McKinnon wanted it; pay to win and sod the long-term. And that strategy has already been rejected, rightly. They’ve twice within 2 years employed a young, ambitious type only to bin them within a few months. Between those two options, there won’t be as long a queue as some think imho. 

The real acid test will come as the transfer window gets ready to close. Beuker has the power to sign someone for the desperately needed goal scorer slot. Given his whole philosophy on the game it seems extremely unlikely he would do that. He’d also be accepting responsibility for failure come the summer. I’ve a hunch the Committee wouldn’t be overly concerned about a new manager not being available until February and see where it all ends up with the squad we have. Tick tock.