Queen’s Park 21/22

On 18/01/2022 at 11:25, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Not sure how innovative this is in the global arena but it’s a long leap away from Scottish grassroots football. Some enlightened nations also apply this philosophy to education i.e. let kids enjoy learning without exams. In all studies of these types of behaviours, the longer term output is successful. 

Some would argue, I would say unfairly, that First Team have been playing the last few months without any discernable Tactics. 

On 18/01/2022 at 11:25, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Not sure how innovative this is in the global arena but it’s a long leap away from Scottish grassroots football. Some enlightened nations also apply this philosophy to education i.e. let kids enjoy learning without exams. In all studies of these types of behaviours, the longer term output is successful. 

That’s smashing, really enjoyed that. He fair looks and sounds the part. Tricky part will be getting everyone to buy into it. Big culture shift needed.  

New manager will need to be well on board too, and I’m guessing Beuker has got to be all over that appointment. Would that point to us appointing a coach rather than a ‘traditional’ manager? 

Who the fk knows, just mad, exciting, new, innovative, deep and meaningful speculation… 

Also been the first signs of work on the western side of the ground over the last few days, with diggers excavating the running track that was in front of the JB McAlpine pavilion.

That’s a concern really as they now seem to have abandoned the half finished east stand, having initially abandoned work on extending the seating area in the west down to the track!

17 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

That’s a concern really as they now seem to have abandoned the half finished east stand, having initially abandoned work on extending the seating area in the west down to the track!

Could be a sequencing thing. The spot described is where the temporary changing rooms are to be sited. I believe these are pods, manufactured offsite and ready to go other than services hook-up. Might be a temporary space for some of the things holding back the Pavillion phase, which in turn ties into the redesigned West stand. 

7 hours ago, an86 said:

Jack Ross moaning about his Hibs sacking in Murdoch’s rag. That would maybe suggest that there wouldn’t be anything contractual that would hold him up until March. 

Interesting interview, says he's had a couple of offers already but they "didn't feel right", also says that he is open to working abroad. Him and his family still live in the North East of England.

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

Interesting interview, says he's had a couple of offers already but they "didn't feel right", also says that he is open to working abroad. Him and his family still live in the North East of England.

Have to imagine it was us and Killie. If the March thing isn’t a red herring, I’ve another theory. I’m not saying it’s a theory I’m particularly in favour of, but a theory nonetheless.

Indian Super League finishes in March. Owen Coyle manages there. Like our benefactor, he is a Gorbals boy and they may or may not have crossed paths over the years. Lived in the area for years and often saw him out running or at the sadly departed Michael’s chippy.

You could spin it two ways if you wanted. Disastrous spell at Ross County and a yesterday’s man who hasn’t reallty moved with the coaching times. His record after Burnley is, ahem, below average.

Conversely, a former English top flight manager, with experience at Championship level and the MLS, who has had relative success at a lower level in Scotland. It wouldn’t be my pick by any means, but I’m scrambling about looking for clues and logic as to why it might be March!

27 minutes ago, an86 said:

Have to imagine it was us and Killie. If the March thing isn’t a red herring, I’ve another theory. I’m not saying it’s a theory I’m particularly in favour of, but a theory nonetheless.

Indian Super League finishes in March. Owen Coyle manages there. Like our benefactor, he is a Gorbals boy and they may or may not have crossed paths over the years. Lived in the area for years and often saw him out running or at the sadly departed Michael’s chippy.

You could spin it two ways if you wanted. Disastrous spell at Ross County and a yesterday’s man who hasn’t reallty moved with the coaching times. His record after Burnley is, ahem, below average.

Conversely, a former English top flight manager, with experience at Championship level and the MLS, who has had relative success at a lower level in Scotland. It wouldn’t be my pick by any means, but I’m scrambling about looking for clues and logic as to why it might be March!

Good thinking. I'm just delighted with some speculation.

12 hours ago, an86 said:

Well done with the thought process. I truly hope you are way wide of the mark. Can't explain the March timescale, though.

Genuine question, is Will Baynham actually still at the club? I get he had a serious concussion back in July and he’s not been able to play but he’s not even mentioned as being out in previews anymore and doesn’t appear to be in any training pictures, whereas he was in them a few months back. A real shame how it’s panned out for him this season