Queen’s Park 21/22

14 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Good to see the interior designer practice has been chucked and a proper Architect now in place

Plenty of space to stick a larger stand behind the other goal and could always redevelop the east side again if needed to give a total capacity of around 4000.

A shame about the farmhouse getting knocked down but still a big improvement on the original design.

18482223_ScreenShot2022-01-13at19_29_03.thumb.png.2bc85086fd97a26567c51d0fd54b7608.png

753771947_ScreenShot2022-01-13at19_22_40.thumb.png.561744373e24624e35c86e389664d3f2.png

937763259_ScreenShot2022-01-13at19_23_34.thumb.png.7359267fa66a8188ef59ba3a288523f6.png

As you can see from the drawings put up, Holmes Miller appear to be only involved in this application which covers the South & East stands, moving the pitch and floodlights. The West stand and refurbishment of the Pavillion isn’t mentioned in HMs design brief to the Council. Those areas are still applicable to the application submitted by Arka Design Studios.

Talking of which, somebody’s put their dukes up re the farmhouse. Asking for a halt to works and the farmhouse to be reinstated. The application is still at Consideration status. 

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/files/89EB641D998643C1BF12194E9A2DC9B1/pdf/21_02646_FUL-MR_ANDREW_NORTHWAY-295_TANTALLON_ROAD__LANGSIDE__GLASGOW_G41_3JW-OBJECTS_FULL_-5170525.pdf

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Willing to give Thomson the benefit of the doubt for now, the whole team has been so poor for such a long time that it's really difficult to judge. He did have a couple of decent games to be fair, and Beuker has spent his whole career developing young players (very successfully) so he must see something in him. 

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Willing to give Thomson the benefit of the doubt for now, the whole team has been so poor for such a long time that it's really difficult to judge. He did have a couple of decent games to be fair, and Beuker has spent his whole career developing young players (very successfully) so he must see something in him. 

Can only agree with you Zanetti. The lad has ability.

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Talking of which, somebody’s put their dukes up re the farmhouse. Asking for a halt to works and the farmhouse to be reinstated.

😂brilliant. Hope the guy got a massive Lego set for his Christmas 

22 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I agree; shown promise in patches, if we can develop his talents who knows what can be achieved. 

On the manager front, I had heard the name Ian Cathro mentioned; that might be one too many laptops in the background for me. 

We desperately need someone to score goals.

if you take away the freak 6-0 Falkirk game where we benefitted from extraordinary generosity from the Bairns, only 2 teams have scored less goals than us. 

McHugh is not the answer.

Murray is not the answer.

Baynham might be at least a partial answer ... if he is ever fit.

Our 3 top scorers (Longridge, McHugh & Connell) have 14 goals between them the same as Goodwillie & only one more than Rory Gallagher & Graham Webster.

Plain & simple, we need a striker - either that or play Charlie Fox up front!! 

image.png.db6ca69420b40ab7ef31b79ad4f67953.png

3 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

We desperately need someone to score goals.

if you take away the freak 6-0 Falkirk game where we benefitted from extraordinary generosity from the Bairns, only 2 teams have scored less goals than us. 

McHugh is not the answer.

Murray is not the answer.

Baynham might be at least a partial answer ... if he is ever fit.

Our 3 top scorers (Longridge, McHugh & Connell) have 14 goals between them the same as Goodwillie & only one more than Rory Gallagher & Graham Webster.

Plain & simple, we need a striker - either that or play Charlie Fox up front!! 

image.png.db6ca69420b40ab7ef31b79ad4f67953.png

If we can get a fit central defence together I think Charlie Fox could possibly be a decent target man. He would be no worse than what we have available at the moment. I think, in retrospect that Baynham and Quitongo were the most important losses for us this season.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

If we can get a fit central defence together I think Charlie Fox could possibly be a decent target man. He would be no worse than what we have available at the moment. I think, in retrospect that Baynham and Quitongo were the most important losses for us this season.

Charlie Fox should be first choice at centre half, even with everyone fit. Sign an actual striker, rather than a guy who has scored two goals in his entire career. 

Half price sale on the kits coming soon, which I assume means new ones next season. Admiral stuff is cracking, so I hope we stay with them and the away shirt is exactly the sort of thing we need to do to get some publicity/make some dosh.

Would be happy enough if we made imaginative/mental/daft away kits our thing. Failing that, pair up with a worthy cause. The home one should remain as simple and classic as possible.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Charlie Fox should be first choice at centre half, even with everyone fit. Sign an actual striker, rather than a guy who has scored two goals in his entire career. 

My comment about playing Charlie Fox up front was meant to highlight our deficiencies in that area. 

I agree that he should be first choice at centre half.

Having a reliance on one or two front men to score the goals is dependent upon the style of play. More often nowadays the attacking midfielders are expected to chip in with more goals. On saturday we had a Bob McHugh assist for example.  Coupled with service to the strikers being very poor in recent weeks. Perhaps we may see more expectation of the goals to be spread around. The Dutch influence will be interesting; switching to a 4-3-3  on Saturday being the obvious example and it is a more flexible system.

Not sure how innovative this is in the global arena but it’s a long leap away from Scottish grassroots football. Some enlightened nations also apply this philosophy to education i.e. let kids enjoy learning without exams. In all studies of these types of behaviours, the longer term output is successful. 

14 hours ago, an86 said:

Half price sale on the kits coming soon, which I assume means new ones next season. Admiral stuff is cracking, so I hope we stay with them and the away shirt is exactly the sort of thing we need to do to get some publicity/make some dosh.

Would be happy enough if we made imaginative/mental/daft away kits our thing. Failing that, pair up with a worthy cause. The home one should remain as simple and classic as possible.

Think the Admiral contract finishes at the end of this season.

Likely to be Macron under Dempster.