Queen’s Park 21/22

So who exactly is picking the team on Saturday

The player?

The guy who used to manage us, got sacked, then came back as head of the youth academy?

The guy who may or may not work for us and is a long time assistant for someone who most of us would be quite happy to see get the job?

54 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

The player?

The guy who used to manage us, got sacked, then came back as head of the youth academy?

The guy who may or may not work for us and is a long time assistant for someone who most of us would be quite happy to see get the job?

You forgot about the goalkeeper coach.

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

The player?

Our supporters' team are doing no bad at the moment. Maybe give him a wee shot

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

It might have come down to a preference of grass over plastic, always assuming that the Fountain of Youth Stadium (I kid you not) is still plastic.

Grass is perfectly fine. ....if only one game a fortnight is getting played on it. Ground sharing means the pitch has no time to recover, especially in the winter 

I understand Ellis wanted a nice grass pitch. Now he's gone.

Heard a rumour we're thinking of putting down a hybrid pitch at Lesser

Hi, I am a journalist studying at City of Glasgow College and have done a piece on potential candidates for the next Queen’s Park manager. 

Thought I’d pop it on here incase any of you would be interested in reading
Would love to hear your thoughts. 

Thanks 😀

https://www.cityliveglasgow.com/journalism/2022/1/12/next-manager-options-four-managerial-candidates-to-be-next-queens-park-boss 

29 minutes ago, MatthewM02 said:

Hi, I am a journalist studying at City of Glasgow College and have done a piece on potential candidates for the next Queen’s Park manager. 

Thought I’d pop it on here incase any of you would be interested in reading
Would love to hear your thoughts. 

Thanks 😀

https://www.cityliveglasgow.com/journalism/2022/1/12/next-manager-options-four-managerial-candidates-to-be-next-queens-park-boss 

Yep   Ross or K well  will do for me

5 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

No new information in that article, but a couple of new images that I don't think we've seen before.

I could be wrong, but it looks like there is a standing area at the back of both new stands, which would be a welcome inclusion.

Edited by Ben Reilly

3 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

No new information in that article, but a couple of new images that I don't think we've seen before.

I could be wrong, but it looks like there is a standing are at the back of both new stands, which would be a welcome inclusion.

Looks like it will be a terrible view, far too low down.

Appreciate that you are very limited in what you can do on that site, would it not have been an option to build elsewhere Cathkin  for example?

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Looks like it will be a terrible view, far too low down.

Appreciate that you are very limited in what you can do on that site, would it not have been an option to build elsewhere Cathkin  for example?

The club was criticised enough (including by people who previously had no idea it even existed) when they announced that the old Farmhouse was being torn down, could you imagine the reaction if that had been Cathkin instead!? Half of these nutjobs would've ended up having strokes.

Good to see the interior designer practice has been chucked and a proper Architect now in place

Plenty of space to stick a larger stand behind the other goal and could always redevelop the east side again if needed to give a total capacity of around 4000.

A shame about the farmhouse getting knocked down but still a big improvement on the original design.

18482223_ScreenShot2022-01-13at19_29_03.thumb.png.2bc85086fd97a26567c51d0fd54b7608.png

753771947_ScreenShot2022-01-13at19_22_40.thumb.png.561744373e24624e35c86e389664d3f2.png

937763259_ScreenShot2022-01-13at19_23_34.thumb.png.7359267fa66a8188ef59ba3a288523f6.png

On 12/01/2022 at 11:25, Spider Rico said:

The player?

Players have been told it's Marijn Beuker and John Potter - new manager won't start until March.

41 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Players have been told it's Marijn Beuker and John Potter - new manager won't start until March.

So the Director of Football who has been at the club for a month will be taking the team with a guy who hasn’t been officially announced as working for us?

This is after it was announced that two different people (Peter Grant and Gardner Speirs) would be filling in with a detailed article recently posted on the Club website about how well it was all going?

The only way this makes sense is if the permanent appointment has to finish a period where he is contractually prohibited from working for another SPFL club……………

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

40 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Decided, no name given.

I'm struggling to work out what would make someone available in march but not now.

Unless he or she is getting out of jail then.

Any ideas?