Queen’s Park 21/22

18 hours ago, qpfc said:

Noticed on Twitter that John Potter is gonna be in charge of the Alloa game on Saturday until they finalise a new manager. Jack Ross’s assistant at hibs and also worked with him at st Mirren and Sunderland. 

I really want to add 2 + 2 together and hope it means a potential chance of Jack Ross coming in but we just have to wait and see

Our twitter, or scottish fitba twitter? I must have missed this pretty fking significant announcement.

Although I have heard that we're building a virtuous cycle, with deep and meaningful engagement: aimed at creating positive social and community impacts, helping drive our supporter base, improve our commercial performance and deliver sustained and sustainable sporting success...  

6 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Our twitter, or scottish fitba twitter? I must have missed this pretty fking significant announcement.

Although I have heard that we're building a virtuous cycle, with deep and meaningful engagement: aimed at creating positive social and community impacts, helping drive our supporter base, improve our commercial performance and deliver sustained and sustainable sporting success...  

1 hour ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Appalling communication from the club once again. You could forgive this with an amateur club, but for a professional outfit with a chief executive and director of football trousering what are presumably sizeable salaries this is completely unacceptable.

We’re not allowed to hear or see him. I’m hearing that the post match interview is going to be conducted by a voiceover artist, like Gerry Adams was during the troubles.

1 hour ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Appalling communication from the club once again. You could forgive this with an amateur club, but for a professional outfit with a chief executive and director of football trousering what are presumably sizeable salaries this is completely unacceptable.

Definitely one to add to the list of grievances since Dempster took over as CEO.

Is it possible that we're all adding what we think is the obvious 2+2 and getting 5 ?

A number of people have commented on Dempster's great relationship with various HIbs personel past and present, including Jack Ross.

Given the sudden sacking of Ellis after his up, and mostly down, rollercoaster journey this season; most money was on an immediate replacement being named, so far it seems to me like a stalemate in negotiations with their preferred option, be that Jack Ross or AN other.

Like the recent appointment of Derek McInnes at Killie, it's fair to assume that he was hoping for a job at a larger club ie. one that would pay big bucks, even a lowly team down south could afford more than Killie. In the absence of any such offers, he's taken the only solid offer he got, in the hope that if he's successful, his reputation will remain fairly reasonable.

IMHO Jack Ross is probably in a similar situation, waiting for a big money move down south. In the meantime, if his relationship is as good with Dempster as some folk on here have said, while he keeps her dangling on a string, he's happy to allow his normal working assistant to gain some "front line" experience and no doubt earn some much needed cash.

Why else are we not advertising for a new coach or have already named our man.

Of course, one answer is that Dempster has made an arse of this to add to the arse she's made of the non-event that is the re-developement of Lesser. Perhaps the next offficial statement will say that "Due to legal reasons" we're unable to comment at this time.

Then again it could just be that Dick Campbell  is playing hard to get 🤣

22 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

With the Lowland League back in operation and a good number of them without a park and sharing the all weather parks near Glasgow, there weren't many alternatives.

Nonsense Diehard. Hamilton would have been available certainly, the could have done with the money.

12 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Nonsense Diehard. Hamilton would have been available certainly, the could have done with the money.

It might have come down to a preference of grass over plastic, always assuming that the Fountain of Youth Stadium (I kid you not) is still plastic.

To be fair, I think the club recognised and listened to the concerns about having to trail out to Airdrie. Massively inconvenient if you don’t drive/aren’t getting the bus.

Hamilton is much more convenient than Airdrie, but still not a direct route for most folk. Firhill is by far the best for supporters. Keeps us in the city and transport links are plentiful. I didn’t think it’d happen because of the grass pitch, but it’d have been my number one choice. 

All eminently avoidable if we’d not arsed up the stadium, of course.