Queen’s Park 21/22

This has maybe been discussed before, what are the plans for the refurbished "Lesser" will it be natural grass or 4G,  personally I am a fan of 4G  and does promote a good passing game and takes away players excuses,  after seeing footage of one  of your recent games at Firhill and attending Dumbarton a few days ago, those surfaces do not suit a possession based passing game,    I know you have various issues at the moment, manager, form etc,  do you guys think this groundshare at Firhill could technically hold you back...

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

This has maybe been discussed before, what are the plans for the refurbished "Lesser" will it be natural grass or 4G,  personally I am a fan of 4G  and does promote a good passing game and takes away players excuses,  after seeing footage of one  of your recent games at Firhill and attending Dumbarton a few days ago, those surfaces do not suit a possession based passing game,    I know you have various issues at the moment, manager, form etc,  do you guys think this groundshare at Firhill could technically hold you back...

The surface at Lesser will be 4G or equivalent as we have to gain income from the community. I tend to agree that the surface will develop higher skills. As for Firhill it is marginally better than travelling to Airdrie but nevertheless is a hell of a place in my opinion. Accessibility is poor and the pitch will deteriorate as winter goes on. The affect on attendance figures has been poor in a season when we could have expected an increase in crowds. In a nutshell I think groundsharing away from your fanbase has to be detrimental.

47 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

All aboard the DeLorean at 88mph and hope for 1.21 gigawatts as we seem to be playing Peterhead on the 9th Jan 2021 according to the O.W. arrangements  ---- now where did I put my sports almanac? ...

Given current form it would be better to play them last year.

On 04/01/2022 at 13:18, an86 said:

David McCallum? At 44, he’d need to move pretty soon if he wants a management career. New regime at Ibrox might be an ideal time to part ways. Stark and he were huge parts of developing the system that brought through so many good players. The club are obviously going big on the academy and signing young players side of things. Limited experience of management at a truly competitive level. Aforementioned Stark does, though. Took an assistant gig at Rovers a few years back, but at 65 he’s maybe more likely to fancy putting the feet up than standing in the rain at Pollok Park as part of a coaching team.

This isn’t a rumour and, as with 99.9% of things, I know absolutely nothing. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t on the list, though.

What evidence is there that the club is going big on the academy? If anything the academy has been totally neglected since the new regime took over two 

3 hours ago, QP145 said:

What evidence is there that the club is going big on the academy? If anything the academy has been totally neglected since the new regime took over two 

Everything the club has said about the plans for the future and appointing a guy from a top flight Dutch club with a track record of player development points to it.

15 hours ago, QP145 said:

Evidence: loads if you care to look.  

As for being totally neglected - that sir, is a laughable statement.

On 06/01/2022 at 08:57, CathcartSkins said:

Evidence: loads if you care to look.  

As for being totally neglected - that sir, is a laughable statement.

Do you have any examples of the loads of evidence to have a look at?

The academy has been neglected. They don't have a training facility or even a block booking with one and have been training significantly less than every other club involved in Club Academy Scotland for well over a year now.

Edited by Spider