Queen’s Park 21/22

14 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

It will be interesting to see what the club does about the match on Sunday. Who will get preference?

Hospitality, business free tickets, members, season ticket holders or pay for the game?

It's pretty obvious that priority should be given to the fans who are season ticket holders and members as they've already made a commitment to the club by paying up front for the season. That's what happened when we played Airdrie in the league cup section, back when crowd numbers were restricted to 500. We even managed to give Airdrie a small allocation of tickets so some Dumbarton fans might get lucky although I assume we've sold more season tickets since then.

Can't see us getting to Airdrie or Braodwood though. And I'd wager this absolute farce lasts longer than 3 weeks.   

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

And I'd wager this absolute farce lasts longer than 3 weeks.   

Worth pointing out it hasn't even started yet. Thousands of fans will be at the three Premiership games tonight, but from Monday onwards it will be unsafe for us to go to the football. Aye, that makes a lot of sense.

For all the lovers of financial reporting, the QP financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2020 have just been filed.

They are in the process of being uploaded to the Companies House website now, which states these will be available to download in 10 days (but usually much closer to 12-24 hours in my experience).

Happy reading.

6 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

It's pretty obvious that priority should be given to the fans who are season ticket holders and members as they've already made a commitment to the club by paying up front for the season. That's what happened when we played Airdrie in the league cup section, back when crowd numbers were restricted to 500. We even managed to give Airdrie a small allocation of tickets so some Dumbarton fans might get lucky although I assume we've sold more season tickets since then.

Can't see us getting to Airdrie or Braodwood though. And I'd wager this absolute farce lasts longer than 3 weeks.   

Looks like the club’s reading your posts again…

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/boxing-day-fixture-update/

On the away games, seems logical but given some QP fans have already bought tickets for the rearranged Airdrie game it’ll be interesting to see if Airdrie allow those in before selling any new tickets to Airdrie fans. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Accounts published online now.

Prepared using small company exemptions and filleted for filing, as is permitted, meaning the P&L is not published.

All figures to 31 December 2020.

Loss for year was £205k. Was £343k in PY.

Fixed Assets movements including disposal of Hampden and £717k of Cap-Ex, presumably all being payments made on Lesser Hampden works.

Cash up to £2.973m from £1.351m. Cash inflow for period of £1.622m will include Hampden sale proceeds received to date.

Debtor of £1.750m yet to be banked, long-term, presumably being final payments for sale of Hampden.

No weird and wonderful loans due to benefactors within Creditors.

In Deferred Income there is still £1.589m due to be released from a grant, which is interesting given Hampden is now sold.

Audit report was not qualified. Basis of using going concern is explained in Note 2, fairly standard disclosure.

Note 10 has a little bit of news on the redevelopment and contractor dispute. See picture. Payment of £834k to be made in FY21 for abortive works done to Lesser Hampden is eye opening.

Not much more to be said on a first reading. As ever, financial statements which are now effectively a year out of date only tell you a story about that point in time.

So total of £1.551m potentially spent on Lesser Hampden to get it into the state we saw until just a few weeks back. Good grief!
fad766025a41e59c9f4385ca824d3cc9.jpg

21 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Looks like the club’s reading your posts again…

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/boxing-day-fixture-update/

On the away games, seems logical but given some QP fans have already bought tickets for the rearranged Airdrie game it’ll be interesting to see if Airdrie allow those in before selling any new tickets to Airdrie fans. 

First the farmhouse, now this. Can't believe the club has actually done not one but TWO things over the last couple of weeks that I can actually applaud. Everyone accommodated. Apart from away fans of course but I imagine that will be the same across the board in our league

re Airdrie game. I imagine we'll be getting refunded for that. They have dished out a few already.   

20 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Either the club’s integrity has gone for good or someone at the top needs to go. Sacking a manager after six months in the job, especially one they knew, is hellish poor decision-making. Peter Grant as assistant coach is shameful. Still of the belief he got his dad to get Nicky Jamieson away from the club.

4 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Either the club’s integrity has gone for good or someone at the top needs to go. Sacking a manager after six months in the job, especially one they knew, is hellish poor decision-making. Peter Grant as assistant coach is shameful. Still of the belief he got his dad to get Nicky Jamieson away from the club.

The only hellishly poor decision made was making Ellis manager in the first place. I hold nothing against him personally and wish him the best going forward but it's been clear for a long time now he's not the man for us. Or are you happy with 8 wins in 26 games? And that's without diving into some of the games we've snatched draws from the jaws of victory. 

This is professional football, whether you like it or not, and it is a results driven business. Add in everything else being built around the club at this moment in time, and Haughey Dempster & co have clearly decided they cannot be seen to be toiling in the league given the resources we have. It will be interesting to see who is linked with us going forward. Wonder if Marijn will be opening up his address book...