Queen’s Park 21/22

42 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

There's been a wee bit of fuss on one of the local community Facebook pages today about the amount of noise the contractors are making, specifically before 8am which isn't allowed.

One resident complained that she had contacted the club and got a response from Leann Dempster, who assured her that this would be rectified, which it was temporarily but then started again a few days later.

Several people also commented that they've complained to the council/the local MSP/environmental health.

Selfishly, I'm just glad that work is actually progressing now, although it's probably not the best idea to wind the local residents up in the process!

Jeez-o! Is this the inclusive community plan?

8BFA108D-F46C-4A09-B5F9-83A576017207.thumb.jpeg.c853a636d773ddb3a5b12b185bb66239.jpeg673DE68A-A874-4C9F-8BE3-9F3579627FEB.jpeg.261f07801f41e35a5af342b169dacb70.jpeg

26 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Don't we know just how to treat people. The resident should be happy. We fans don't get any communication.

I’d be the first to have a pop at the club if I thought it was legitimate, but I’d take anything posted on a local Facebook group, particularly that one, with a pinch of salt.

On 29/11/2021 at 12:19, qpfc said:

I’d of even kept Ross Maclean over Moore and Longstaff. Bitterly disappointing recruitment regarding the wingers 

Been a fixture in the Dumbarton team all season, five goals so far. Thought he blew hot and cold and his crossing was quite poor, but I agree, we seem to have downgraded this season.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Whilst I welcome the appointment of the new Director of Football, can I please, please beg anyone from the club who is reading this to stop using excruciating phraseology? Please make it stop.

The original quote “…dent the Universe…” was made by Steve Jobs in 1985. Finger on the pulse as always.

The term “disruptor” was started by the Big Data people in Silicon Valley at least 15 years ago when the Be Bold strategy was groovy. It relates to a business disrupting a traditional market with an innovative approach, usually incorporating new tech. Amazon is a good example, Uber another. Developing youth footballers was innovative in Holland back in the seventies. 

I’m not thrilled like Dempster is, but there again I don’t have a first class seat on the Laird’s gravy train. Good luck to the Dutchman.

1 hour ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Been a fixture in the Dumbarton team all season, five goals so far. Thought he blew hot and cold and his crossing was quite poor, but I agree, we seem to have downgraded this season.

McLean has played a lot of games as a striker in a sort of 4-4-2 formation for us, which has probably helped him with his goal tally. Easily good enough for this level, but does blow hot and cold. 

Can someone please explain to me where the Committee and members fit in with the decision making and running of the club. It seems to me that Dempster and Lord Willie can do what they like. Not complaining, I am genuinely curious and question the need for the "old style" committee/member system. Are shares and shareholders the next step?

5 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

The response to this online has been something. Looks like a really shrewd appointment by the club should impact all aspects of the Club. 

New leadership team
In a real coup, he is leaving Dutch football to join the Scottish League 1 side to work with Chief Executive Leeann Dempster who has led both Motherwell and Hibernian to great success in Scotland’s top-flight.

image.thumb.png.ba2cd01f3490d19dab26b21a67cfa6c1.png

16 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Can someone please explain to me where the Committee and members fit in with the decision making and running of the club. It seems to me that Dempster and Lord Willie can do what they like. Not complaining, I am genuinely curious and question the need for the "old style" committee/member system. Are shares and shareholders the next step?

The current structure is unsustainable, whatever we’re pretending it is. We were formerly run a bit like the world’s richest bowling club, relying mainly on volunteers. You simply cannot have a hybrid of bowling club and something attempting to be a professional organisation. What there does have to be is elected supporter representation to give the paying punters a voice.

I’d be inclined to support the Community Club type model in principle, but there would obviously have to be detailed proposals, discussions and votes. Perhaps that’s being worked on in the background? Not that we’d ever know. Whilst the commercial side is obviously going in the right direction, the real key concerns that supporters have simply are not being addressed. 

To expect champagne corks on today’s announcement, after months of silence on issues as important as our home ground and structure of the club, would demonstrate the disconnect between the club and support. You can’t go to ground for months and then reappear when there’s a positive news story that’s going to get a few column inches. That’s where the perception of what’s happening at Queen’s Park v what the fans actually feel are miles apart. 

Surely we are heading towards a shareholder structure? 

It will be interesting to see how Haughey's money is shown in the accounts, I wonder if they be recorded as loans rather than donations, and the loans will then be converted to equity In a move to a shareholder structure, with members each given a small number of shares for giving up their membership.

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

Surely we are heading towards a shareholder structure? 

It will be interesting to see how Haughey's money is shown in the accounts, I wonder if they be recorded as loans rather than donations, and the loans will then be converted to equity In a move to a shareholder structure, with members each given a small number of shares for giving up their membership.

Interesting indeed. Or perhaps how it won’t be shown. However it plays out I hope that members will be robust and numerous with their questions. There’s now a herd of elephants in the room.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks