Queen’s Park 21/22

50 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Top assists for QP last season but not better than Moore or Smith or Longstaff. Aye right! And before anyone says it, Davie did not want to leave. 

We need Baynham. None of our 3 strikers challenge for headers like that. 

Yup, he should have been kept on. We all expected the replacements to be an upgrade. They aren't . 

15 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

With a bit of luck. I believe that it's a medical problem.

Head trauma? A tricky area when it comes to recovery. Of course we'll never really know as the club aren't telling us. It's a shame for the lad, could have been a real asset this season. 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Top assists for QP last season but not better than Moore or Smith or Longstaff. Aye right! And before anyone says it, Davie did not want to leave. 

We need Baynham. None of our 3 strikers challenge for headers like that. 

I’d of even kept Ross Maclean over Moore and Longstaff. Bitterly disappointing recruitment regarding the wingers 

A shame for Smith as I don’t think he’s a natural winger. His first 4-5 games, he played in between the midfield and strikers and looked terrific. Now he’s been punted out wide and looks half the player. Definitely more than capable if used properly 

Edited by qpfc

21 hours ago, qpfc said:

Charlie Fox seems to have been made the scapegoat under Ellis 

Aye. Him and Willie Muir.

Fox certainly seems to have been made the scapegoat by Ellis for the Alloa defeat  Playing Jake Davidson ahead of him on Saturday must have felt like a massive slap in the face. With Grant out, we are crying out for an aggressive and dominant centre half who wants to attack the ball, especially in the air. I can't help feel that something else must have happened as it make no sense at all. Our central defence on Saturday was all over the shop   

Edited by Mick1867

'So Laurie, thoughts on the game?'

'Disappointing, the lads are disappointed. We just need to pick it up, train hard and work on things.'

I know everyone is trying their best but could we please make the after match interview a bit more interesting. It's as if they have been told not to ask any pointed questions. I also think it would help Ellis as he comes across as cold. Surely the team, fans and QP media are all in this together. Let's get a bit more honest and open about things.

Rant over. Disappointing but I will work hard and pick things up.

1 minute ago, Mission said:

'Disappointing, the lads are disappointed. We just need to pick it up, train hard and work on things.'

I know everyone is trying their best but could we please make the after match interview a bit more interesting. It's as if they have been told not to ask any pointed questions. I also think it would help Ellis as he comes across as cold. Surely the team, fans and QP media are all in this together. Let's get a bit more honest and open about things.

Both the pre match review and post match interview are a completely staged or incompetent waste of time in my opinion. We could all write the script for the remaining matches of the season now. Pathetic.

1 hour ago, Mission said:

Couldn’t agree more but unfortunately it’s all up on YouTube and as such forms part of a capability test with any future employers. And as our politicians discover daily, social media allows every word and facial twitch to get judged upon. Even passive criticism of his squad will cause a split of opinion amongst the fans, if not the dressing room.

A round of drinks at the Pavillion is what’s needed.😉

There's been a wee bit of fuss on one of the local community Facebook pages today about the amount of noise the contractors are making, specifically before 8am which isn't allowed.

One resident complained that she had contacted the club and got a response from Leann Dempster, who assured her that this would be rectified, which it was temporarily but then started again a few days later.

Several people also commented that they've complained to the council/the local MSP/environmental health.

Selfishly, I'm just glad that work is actually progressing now, although it's probably not the best idea to wind the local residents up in the process!

10 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

There's been a wee bit of fuss on one of the local community Facebook pages today about the amount of noise the contractors are making, specifically before 8am which isn't allowed.

One resident complained that she had contacted the club and got a response from Leann Dempster, who assured her that this would be rectified, which it was temporarily but then started again a few days later.

Several people also commented that they've complained to the council/the local MSP/environmental health.

Selfishly, I'm just glad that work is actually progressing now, although it's probably not the best idea to wind the local residents up in the process!

Thanks for the news. I’m just impressed she got a response.