Queen’s Park 21/22

10 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

There was an application 21/02646 refereeing to a Directors Stand.

It is in the “Property History” section which I found by clicking on the link “There is 1 property associated with this application” at the bottom of the 21/02124 page.

Doesn’t allow you to see the details of it 

Classified as invalid, explained as…

If an application is submitted without the necessary information required to allow officers to assess your proposals, then your application will be made 'invalid'. This means it will be placed on hold until the necessary amendments or documents have been received.

This application number is subsequent to the previous Arka submission. IMHO, confirms my view that Arka aren’t competent for the task required.

Hopefully what we'll end up with is something a bit more in keeping with our upwardly mobile status. That is, much bigger than 1,900. If I took it correctly from the meeting, the problem with the builders was actually an opportunity to have a rethink on capacity. Hopefully, the rethink will involve a bit better design re dressing rooms, where the teams don't come through the crowd, and what's being said here suggests that might be happening.

16 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Maybe.

Prob hold it on 17 Dec when people are having work Christmas lunches/dinners.

Quite up for this. Straight from Christmas lunch - shots, cha-cha-slide, tell my boss he's a tw*t and be sick in a plant pot. 

I've unsubscribed from all the marketing bullsh*t (weekly kick in the stones given it's so tough for me to get to any game with the young team) so no doubt I'll stop getting my AGM updates too. Keep me posted. 

Another in a steady stream of sponsorship announcements. Whilst it’s positive news, it’s also tone deaf and completely indicative of the disconnect between the club and the fans. Nothing on the stadium. Nothing addressing the poor results. Nothing addressing basically any of the substantive issues that fans care about. We were promised improved communication. We were lied to.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, if you can’t connect with the people who already love the club, you’re not going to connect with anyone else. I already know how this one is going to go. Existing supporters being accused of being uncomfortable with change, which would be bollocks. We voted for the change. All we require is the occasional acknowledgement from the club that we actually exist.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Another in a steady stream of sponsorship announcements. Whilst it’s positive news, it’s also tone deaf and completely indicative of the disconnect between the club and the fans. Nothing on the stadium. Nothing addressing the poor results. Nothing addressing basically any of the substantive issues that fans care about. We were promised improved communication. We were lied to.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, if you can’t connect with the people who already love the club, you’re not going to connect with anyone else. I already know how this one is going to go. Existing supporters being accused of being uncomfortable with change, which would be bollocks. We voted for the change. All we require is the occasional acknowledgement from the club that we actually exist.

Exactly this. I am not a member but season ticket holder. I feel like a mushroom. I hope it will be a lively AGM. I can tolerate a lot of things but being lied to and taken for granted I cannot take.

Having sat freezing and miserable in modern stands like Cove and Ainslie Park (and the new Meadowbank by the look of it) that fail to keep the elements out as they are supposed to I hope your architect has half a brain 

100 year old stands like Cliftonhill and the old remainder at Central Park piss all over new stands for keeping the wind and rain out. It's almost as if the 1920s architects knew what they were doing...

What’s the thinking of the squad with January fast approaching ? Wholesale changes or very minimal ? I think with Ellis in charge or not by that point, I think there definitely will be a few moves both in and out as there are certain players who have underperformed massively so far 

Callum Yeats seems to have provided very little competition to Tommy Robson despite a number of questionable defensive performances

Darren Lyon seems to have disappeared entirely 

Charlie Fox seems to have been made the scapegoat under Ellis 

Luis Longstaff has flattered to deceive massively. With Jai Quitongo’s long awaited return on the horizon, I would not be surprised to see his loan cut short if there’s no sign of improvement or general output 

Lewis Moore has done hee haw 

Jack Thompson’s loan ends at the start of January and quite frankly I wouldn’t be in a rush to extend it

Those are realistically the players I’d say that are at most risk of being replaced in the coming weeks. With 3 crucial fixtures approaching, a lot might change but I’d suspect the above names won’t change much 

Edited by qpfc

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Having sat freezing and miserable in modern stands like Cove and Ainslie Park (and the new Meadowbank by the look of it) that fail to keep the elements out as they are supposed to I hope your architect has half a brain 

100 year old stands like Cliftonhill and the old remainder at Central Park piss all over new stands for keeping the wind and rain out. It's almost as if the 1920s architects knew what they were doing...

The “director’s stand” mentioned is a two-tier cantilevered platform hanging off the side of the pavilion. It’s attraction is direct access from one of the clubhouse lounges and an unrestricted view of play for up to 44 people. It’s projection from the building face is directly in line with the edge of the roof of the pavilion. As it’s only a couple of metres deep, and even though east facing, any wind and rain of note will have the directors and guests soaked in no time. At the moment, most supporters might see the justice in that but inevitably it will become a place where sponsors won’t be happy. I suspect the new planning application will require some additional works to the roof and/or the structural walls, hence why it’s currently invalid due to lack of information as the “architects” the club have employed for this application are actually interior designers.

I think the street language on the internet for such a series of events is clusterfuck.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Shoutout to the Falkirk Stadium too - The only stadium I've ever been at the very back genuinely concerned I need to put away equipment because of the rain.

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Scottish cup bans only count within that competition group

It was a straight red card for serious foul play so will be an immediate two match suspension. Only reds for two bookings or a professional foul would carry forward to next season's Scottish Cup.