Queen’s Park 21/22

12 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

The club are not exactly keeping us informed.

The next public (enclosed) update was due to be the Members AGM, due in May according to the constitution. Delayed for reasons known but still now beyond the President's last letter. The Articles are also clear that the final accounts (2020) can't be signed off until Members approve them. We're running out of year!

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The next public (enclosed) update was due to be the Members AGM, due in May according to the constitution. Delayed for reasons known but still now beyond the President's last letter. The Articles are also clear that the final accounts (2020) can't be signed off until Members approve them. We're running out of year!

I think that the AGM will be held by the end of this Month. The auditorium where we held our last meeting, has not been available so far, this month, as the police I have heard are using the stadium as a car park for all the police vans from down south and also for feeding the officers concerned. At least Sodexo are making money out of COP26.

On 11/10/2021 at 18:25, JT1867 said:

Steel reinforcement bars now laid for almost the entire length of the east side, next stage is presumably concrete pouring. 

Concrete pouring going on today when I went past Lesser, looks like most of the foundations have now been poured, steel for the framework has also appeared in the last few days. A trench is also being dug at the the front of the stand. Perhaps a moat to keep those pesky Clyde fans in check?!!!

On 06/11/2021 at 08:25, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Noticed that the basket case at Rangers published their accounts up to the end of June last Friday, strange that we've taken ten months and still no sign of ours to the end of 2020. 

Three weeks notice need to be given for the AGM and the accounts have to be lodged with Companies House by 31st December so the clock is ticking.

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

Concrete pouring going on today when I went past Lesser, looks like most of the foundations have now been poured, steel for the framework has also appeared in the last few days. A trench is also being dug at the the front of the stand. Perhaps a moat to keep those pesky Clyde fans in check?!!!

Noticed that the basket case at Rangers published their accounts up to the end of June last Friday, strange that we've taken ten months and still no sign of ours to the end of 2020. 

Three weeks notice need to be given for the AGM and the accounts have to be lodged with Companies House by 31st December so the clock is ticking.

Thanks for the update. Is it just the East Stand or is there any activity at the North end yet? 

It’s been 12 weeks since the informal meeting. All the good intent of that night has withered. 🤷🏻‍♂️

45 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Thanks for the update. Is it just the East Stand or is there any activity at the North end yet? 

It’s been 12 weeks since the informal meeting. All the good intent of that night has withered. 🤷🏻‍♂️

All the work mentioned is on the east side, not seen anything happening on the north side at all.

Don't think anything has really changed following the August meeting. A few replies from Leanne Dempster to supporters emails and a couple of mentions of the injured players apart, it's been business as usual from the Glasgow branch of the secret service.

Also notice that Darren Lyon seems to have fallen into the vortex of players who vanish without explanation.

Edited by JT1867

On 06/11/2021 at 10:33, Dooflick said:

I think that the AGM will be held by the end of this Month. The auditorium where we held our last meeting, has not been available so far, this month, as the police I have heard are using the stadium as a car park for all the police vans from down south and also for feeding the officers concerned. At least Sodexo are making money out of COP26.

Well I got that wrong, with 21 days notice required it will now be December. No wonder I gave up my membership a few years ago. You guys who are still members are being treated very badly.

17 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Well I got that wrong, with 21 days notice required it will now be December. No wonder I gave up my membership a few years ago. You guys who are still members are being treated very badly.

I sincerely hope that with Christmas party season approaching that it’s not been left too late to find a CoVid-safe venue to accommodate the members and Committee. There will surely be quite a few questions, comments to be made before agreeing on the 2020 accounts. Kind of stuff that’s best said directly. Surely it won’t be relegated to an online video conference?

1 hour ago, AlbionSaint said:

It's not like the club has no money, but the progress seems to be so slow that it must be deliberate. One plausible explanation is they're waiting to see if promotion is likely to happen, in which case they'll modify their plans.

A reasonable conclusion if you don’t know the characters involved and their knowledge levels on how to run construction contracts. Whatever it is, it’s past being embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, QP145 said:

Surely time to give some of the 18s team who seem to be winning most weeks a chance, even off the bench?

Add in the coaches too! today was awful. Desperately needing a striker and some creativity

Our squad is good enough in terms of ability. We’ve seen it. They don’t look like they know their jobs. Could anyone actually describe our game plan today? There was a point in the second half where McHugh came so deep that he was 35 yards from our goal to win the ball from our throw-in. He was one of the few pass marks. You can hold it up and knock it down, but what do you do when there’s nobody within ten yards of you? 

Surely time to give some of the 18s team who seem to be winning most weeks a chance, even off the bench?
Add in the coaches too! today was awful. Desperately needing a striker and some creativity
One of the club's ambitions is development of the academy and pathway to first team?
Not much evidence of that happening as don't think any of the 18s have had a sniff and Calum Biggar and Max Gillies seem to have disappeared off the radar despite showing some promise...

One thing that adds to the frustration with what is happening on the pitch right now, is that we were told the priority for this season was to significantly progress things off the pitch. 

Whilst there have clearly been some good moves on the sponsorship and community side of things, the lack of any apparent progress, or indeed updates, on the stadium build is increasingly concerning. Since the vague and contradictory updates at the members meeting we haven’t even had a date for the AGM so can only go by what we can see………And what we can see is things progressing at snails pace with occasional appearances by workmen to mess about with a digger for a few hours being about it.

Ground-sharing is fine when there is an end in sight.

On 12/11/2021 at 14:40, AlbionSaint said:

What's Willie Haughey's dealings with the club, nowadays? Is he still helping the club out financially?

Just a bit aye 😂 he's basically funding full time football. As well as a couple of other things apparently

On 12/08/2021 at 09:39, Bring Your Own Socks said:

There’s yet another planning application being raised, but not yet submitted, for what is now referred to as the Director’s Stand. In the original application, the design drawings indicate a cantilevered seating arrangement suspended from the pavilion, where the upper gantry is currently situated and accessed via the Legends Lounge. It was referred to as an extension to the pavilion then. There’s no detail as yet as to what the new Director’s Stand is.

The separate application for the “Directors Stand” is now no longer active according the the Glasgow Planning website. So it was either removed or the application was invalid (an entry in the document log suggests this was the case)

So it appears we only have approved/active activity for the East Stand and the new “temporary” changing rooms.

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

The separate application for the “Directors Stand” is now no longer active according the the Glasgow Planning website. So it was either removed or the application was invalid (an entry in the document log suggests this was the case)

So it appears we only have approved/active activity for the East Stand and the new “temporary” changing rooms.

The good faith and goodwill from the last meeting is nearing an expiry date. There has to be a greater link between the club and support in terms of how we communicate and interact. There’s no doubt that some decent work is being done, but when did we last hear from either David Hunter or Leeann Dempster?

I think it’d be fair to say that we’ve been more than patient as a support. The Lesser Hampden construction is starting to rival La Sagrada Familia in terms of construction time. Not sure which one I’d put money on being completed first.

5 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

I don’t know of any separate “Director’s Stand” application. The application by Homes is 19/03435. This was the original design Bell were employed to build to. It included a cantilevered stand hung off the front of the pavilion, essentially where the upper gantry is at the moment and gave access to the Legends Lounge, there was only 44 seats in it which would be just enough for QP and Visitor directors plus a few VIPs, sponsors etc. Presumably the Legends Lounge would only be accessed by this group.

The second application is 21/02124 which is submitted by a different firm, Arka Design Studios. This was only for the temporary siting of dressing rooms for teams and officials which will be placed on the running track in front of the pavilion. Arka are interior designers, not architects. It was clear to me in the August meeting that Dempster didn’t understand the difference. Their business model is fit-outs for retail and restaurants. This would explain why Bob the Builder and his barrow boy are playing at it. It would also explain why Dempster would be drawn in by them as her focus is on the west side buildings, new offices, improved hospitality etc.

Both these applications are approved and still valid. See link below. If the search filed is empty type in Lesser Hampden. Can you provide the application reference number you are referring to?

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

14 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I don’t know of any separate “Director’s Stand” application. The application by Homes is 19/03435. This was the original design Bell were employed to build to. It included a cantilevered stand hung off the front of the pavilion, essentially where the upper gantry is at the moment and gave access to the Legends Lounge, there was only 44 seats in it which would be just enough for QP and Visitor directors plus a few VIPs, sponsors etc. Presumably the Legends Lounge would only be accessed by this group.

The second application is 21/02124 which is submitted by a different firm, Arka Design Studios. This was only for the temporary siting of dressing rooms for teams and officials which will be placed on the running track in front of the pavilion. Arka are interior designers, not architects. It was clear to me in the August meeting that Dempster didn’t understand the difference. Their business model is fit-outs for retail and restaurants. This would explain why Bob the Builder and his barrow boy are playing at it. It would also explain why Dempster would be drawn in by them as her focus is on the west side buildings, new offices, improved hospitality etc.

Both these applications are approved and still valid. See link below. If the search filed is empty type in Lesser Hampden. Can you provide the application reference number you are referring to?

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

There was an application 21/02646 refereeing to a Directors Stand.

It is in the “Property History” section which I found by clicking on the link “There is 1 property associated with this application” at the bottom of the 21/02124 page.

Doesn’t allow you to see the details of it 

Edited by Spider Rico