Queen’s Park 21/22

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The first two had bad injuries and there's probably no good reason to speculate on their return and perhaps circulate false hopes.  I'm sure when all three are near to a return, we'll be told. We had to wait on Thistle sending out their ticket info first; we agreed to their request to do that.

I think Baynham’s the talking point really. Particularly in relation to McHugh starting ahead of him. Until the comms get better, speculation is what fans are left with. Pie and Bovril would be a shell without it. 

6 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Moving on, the Club have acknowledged that their communication has been poor. We now have a marketing guy in place who will, I'm sure, sort that out. 

But, bottom line, we're top of the league and playing good football. The rest is peripheral. I'm here to get excited on a Saturday and that's what's happening. Bluddy marvellous.

Surely the marketing guy is there to lift income rather than dealing with communications with supporters?

Given the complaints above that Leanne Dempster has failed to respond to any emails from members after specifically saying she would welcome them, it would suggest that nothing has changed in respect of communications with fans/members.

The team being top of the league does not excuse piss poor communications.

Edited by JT1867

8 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The first two had bad injuries and there's probably no good reason to speculate on their return and perhaps circulate false hopes.  I'm sure when all three are near to a return, we'll be told. We had to wait on Thistle sending out their ticket info first; we agreed to their request to do that.

Moving on, the Club have acknowledged that their communication has been poor. We now have a marketing guy in place who will, I'm sure, sort that out. 

But, bottom line, we're top of the league and playing good football. The rest is peripheral. I'm here to get excited on a Saturday and that's what's happening. Bluddy marvellous.

Got your win yesterday which was obviously a great result for you but playing good football?

Sorry but no.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Got your win yesterday which was obviously a great result for you but playing good football?

Sorry but no.

We didn’t have to have our best stuff to beat you. We were probably better at Alloa and didn’t win. Certainly played some really decent stuff against Cove and Dumbarton. 

The league table doesn’t paint pretty pictures. It’s a numbers game. If Falkirk are going to win the league, they’re going to have to grind out wins like we did yesterday. Mystifying amount of crying going on.

18 minutes ago, an86 said:

We didn’t have to have our best stuff to beat you. We were probably better at Alloa and didn’t win. Certainly played some really decent stuff against Cove and Dumbarton. 

The league table doesn’t paint pretty pictures. It’s a numbers game. If Falkirk are going to win the league, they’re going to have to grind out wins like we did yesterday. Mystifying amount of crying going on.

Not crying matey just pointing out you did not play good football yesterday and we certainly ground out a win at Airdrie when we played most of the match with ten men.

Stop being so precious.

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not crying matey just pointing out you did not play good football yesterday and we certainly ground out a win at Airdrie when we played most of the match with ten men.

Stop being so precious.

image.gif.d1c8001b1a8d1b6a4a55d0901bf5bb65.gif

57 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Stop being so precious.

I don’t care whether we played good football. I care about putting the ball in the net more than the other team. Good football is a bonus. Been lucky enough to have a bit of both so far this season. 

9 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Stop being so precious.

dTcAHZc.jpg

15 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Sorry but no.

Last 20 minutes, we were great. First 70, we didn't look anywhere near as good as we have previously. Overall, I'm really enjoying it.

8 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Last 20 minutes, we were great. First 70, we didn't look anywhere near as good as we have previously. Overall, I'm really enjoying it.

Last 20 minutes we were effectively down to 9 men.

Wilson and Ompreon cannot be classed as footballers.

20 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Sorry but no.

Can I just say that Falkirk are, imo, the best team that we have played all season. It would appear that like us you have trouble putting the ball in the net. We rode our luck but in the last 20 minutes were the better team and it would have been 2 nil but for a great save by your goalkeeper in the last 5 minutes. Although we have only scored 8 goals in 5 games we have only let in 2, our defence is pretty solid. 

On 29/08/2021 at 13:20, Hampden Diehard said:

The first two had bad injuries

So I believe ... But has the club ever told us this?

and there's probably no good reason to speculate on their return and perhaps circulate false hopes. 

Equally, there is absolutely no good reason not to give some information on roughly when we might expect them back. We don't even know if either are likely to be back this year. 

I'm sure when all three are near to a return, we'll be told.

So it might be months before the club gives us any information?

We had to wait on Thistle sending out their ticket info first; we agreed to their request to do that.

Moving on, the Club have acknowledged that their communication has been poor.

But they only communicated that their communication was poor to members, who were apparently encouraged not to communicate that information. I assume season ticket holders and  other supporters don't matter.

We now have a marketing guy in place who will, I'm sure, sort that out. 

Early days yet, but it's great to see us us sitting on top of a league that we usually only pop in to visit for a year or two. I am as delighted as anyone. 

I'd still like to know whether Quitongo & Grant are likely to be back before Easter.

17 hours ago, qpfc said:

Don’t know if anyone else has seen it, but I’ve noticed on Twitter we’re apparently in for luis Longstaff on loan from Liverpool for the season ? Winger from early research 

Looks like he can play up front as well and can score goals. The source is a journalist who covers the Liverpool youth teams  

Louis Longridge and Luis Longstaff in the same line up sounds marvellous. Will believe it when I see it though

11 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

But they only communicated that their communication was poor to members, who were apparently encouraged not to communicate that information. I assume season ticket holders and  other supporters don't matter.

I'm happy to share the following that I remember from the meeting (others can correct me if I'm wrong)

Lesser Hampden –  they will now concentrate first on building the East Stand (around 1,000 seats) I walked by today and the work appears to be starting again. West Stand has become a bit more complicated due to a re-think of the plans. Got the impression they aren’t sure what to do with that now they have decided they won’t be using the farmhouse building for the dressing rooms. That building may allegedly be the oldest remaining football building in the world but I think keeping it is a hindrance to what we can develop on that side and we should be looking at knocking it down imo, sad as that might sound to some. Dressing rooms will now be under the clubhouse pavilion, which makes more sense tbh. Long term we might end up with a better ground than what was in the original plan.

Social club / pavilion – will be getting a makeover and the social club will see an increase in size (think they are knocking down a wall and getting rid of the laundry room) The ambition is to have a facility that can be used every day for all sorts of events and functions, not just on match day for the punters. Glad to hear this, we fucked this up imo when we originally built the place, but that was on certain committee members (not on the committee anymore) who thought they knew better despite hardly using the previous place (which was far superior despite being a portacabin) and decided to bring in some wanky designer.

Ticket pricing – there was a question asked about this, especially the lack of decent concessions . Dempster said the prices were down to her. She may have got some wrong and would review as the season progressed. It was also suggested that the pricing policy when we return to Lesser should be better in order to attract more fans, especially younger ones, from our own community.

Community work and coaching – big ambitions to grow this. They want to increase the numbers of coaches and kids we have involved and are looking at various currently unused facilities across Glasgow as potential venues, not just the southside. Compared us to other organisations like Giffnock SC who currently do more than us.

The women’s team is also getting more investment and resources.

11 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I'm happy to share the following that I remember from the meeting (others can correct me if I'm wrong)

Lesser Hampden –  they will now concentrate first on building the East Stand (around 1,000 seats) I walked by today and the work appears to be starting again. West Stand has become a bit more complicated due to a re-think of the plans. Got the impression they aren’t sure what to do with that now they have decided they won’t be using the farmhouse building for the dressing rooms. That building may allegedly be the oldest remaining football building in the world but I think keeping it is a hindrance to what we can develop on that side and we should be looking at knocking it down imo, sad as that might sound to some. Dressing rooms will now be under the clubhouse pavilion, which makes more sense tbh. Long term we might end up with a better ground than what was in the original plan.

Social club / pavilion – will be getting a makeover and the social club will see an increase in size (think they are knocking down a wall and getting rid of the laundry room) The ambition is to have a facility that can be used every day for all sorts of events and functions, not just on match day for the punters. Glad to hear this, we fucked this up imo when we originally built the place, but that was on certain committee members (not on the committee anymore) who thought they knew better despite hardly using the previous place (which was far superior despite being a portacabin) and decided to bring in some wanky designer.

Ticket pricing – there was a question asked about this, especially the lack of decent concessions . Dempster said the prices were down to her. She may have got some wrong and would review as the season progressed. It was also suggested that the pricing policy when we return to Lesser should be better in order to attract more fans, especially younger ones, from our own community.

Community work and coaching – big ambitions to grow this. They want to increase the numbers of coaches and kids we have involved and are looking at various currently unused facilities across Glasgow as potential venues, not just the southside. Compared us to other organisations like Giffnock SC who currently do more than us.

The women’s team is also getting more investment and resources.

The way things are going, you'll be in the Championship next season. You'll need a bigger capacity ground than the one originally planned. Why not incorporate terracing? It makes sense. But you could be entertaining Thistle, St. Mirren (especially given the meltdown their fans are having) and other sides who could well bring 1,000 fans with them. Plus surely you must anticipate your own fanbase growing?