Queen’s Park 21/22

5 hours ago, NathanQP said:

It did go ahead but we were told not to go on to P&B and release the minutes of the meeting as what was discussed was sensitive. Really pleased to see that folk have done just that and kept to their word. I think the majority were happy with what was said and hopefully it’s a step in the right direction for the club. 

958A4A7B-380A-48D2-AABF-47F8A757C787.gif

What gives "them" the authority to tell attendees what or what not to do.  Like school children these attendees seem to have been entranced by the spell. As has been said the meeting, as I understand it, was about lack of communication not just with members but also the entire support. If anyone had had the guts at the meeting to stand up and state quite plainly that they would not be drawn to secrecy are we to understand that either that person would have been ejected or the meeting would not have taken place? The Masons have nothing on this.

10 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Nice touch from the club.

Wouldn't it be great to get Luca & Brody back on loan again?

Both were outstanding last season.

You’ve got to think Ellis has posed the question to Celtic about Connell’s availability? Maybe Connell wanted to see how he’d fair with the new Celtic manager but seems like he’s nowhere near the team. Doubt he’d want to rot in the reserves for another season 

15 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Like school children these attendees seem to have been entranced by the spell. 

Stop talking utter shite. I've told plenty of fellow QP supporters - season ticket holders or otherwise - who weren't at the meeting what I thought was relevant info. I just haven't got round to posting it on here. I honestly thought somebody would have beaten me to it tbh. 

22 hours ago, NathanQP said:

It did go ahead but we were told not to go on to P&B and release the minutes of the meeting as what was discussed was sensitive. Really pleased to see that folk have done just that and kept to their word. 

It would be quite hard for members to "release the minutes of the meeting" considering we haven't received any minutes of the meeting.  In fact, I doubt any minutes were taken as the general manager - who normally takes the minutes at more formal meetings such as an AGM - spent most of the meeting walking up and down the aisles with a mic.

As for "and kept to their word", I don't recall anyone present promising to keep everything a secret. There was no NDA signed before entry. It was the usual plea from Crawley which he obviously feels he has to say to cover the club's arse should any so-called sensitive info get out. I don't recall hearing any sensitive info anyway as they wouldn't reveal the intimate details of the stadium wrangle with the contractors despite being pressed by members (one in particular) All we know is the dispute has been settled and we're moving on with the re-development with another firm ( soon to start but still no sign when I last walked past Lesser) One member suggested that meant we had to pay them off and that comment didn't get contradicted by Dempster or Crawley

Edited by Mick1867

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

It would be quite hard for members to "release the minutes of the meeting" considering we haven't received any minutes of the meeting.  In fact, I doubt any minutes were taken as the general manager - who normally takes the minutes at more formal meetings such as an AGM - spent most of the meeting walking up and down the aisles with a mic.

As for "and kept to their word", I don't recall anyone present promising to keep everything a secret. There was no NDA signed before entry. It was the usual plea from Crawley which he obviously feels he has to say to cover the club's arse should any so-called sensitive info get out. I don't recall hearing any sensitive info anyway as they wouldn't reveal the intimate details of the stadium wrangle with the contractors despite being pressed by members (one in particular) All we know is the dispute has been settled and we're moving on with the re-development with another firm ( soon to start but still no sign when I last walked past Lesser) One member suggested that meant we had to pay them off and that comment didn't get contradicted by Dempster or Crawley

I agree with everything you have said. It was the original report that you were "told" that kicked me off. I can understand you being asked but at the same time there is no possibility that truly sensitive information would be released at such a meeting. Perhaps an accurate report in the first place would have kept my silence. For what its worth I am not that interested in the debacle of Lesser. It is what it is. My main concern remains the lack of basic information which supporters expect ie updates on Grant, Quitongo and Baynham. The last minute ticket pricing etc.

35 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Perhaps an accurate report in the first place would have kept my silence. For what its worth I am not that interested in the debacle of Lesser. It is what it is. My main concern remains the lack of basic information which supporters expect ie updates on Grant, Quitongo and Baynham. The last minute ticket pricing etc.

It was only the stadium contractor stuff that they appeared to be sensitive about so plenty of other things that I don't see a problem with sharing with fellow fans. To be honest, I'm actually beyond caring about the sensitivities of certain establishment figures who weren't locked out of grounds for the whole of last season like the rest of us so leave it with me.  

re the lack of communication. Dempster apologised for that, said it wasn't good enough and said it would improve. We'll see. 

On 13/08/2021 at 10:41, Hampden Diehard said:

On the £300 jersey sponsorship, it's something different and people can buy into that or not. With it being match worn, I suppose you could have it washed or not washed, according to preference.  As I say, something different.

I spoke to the new marketing guy, Kieran, on Tuesday and he has loads of ideas and he knows that some will work and some won't. He did say that the more financially accessible sponsorship will be announced soon.  He is very aware that some guys and gals just like to make a donation at a level that they can afford. If £300 is not for you, then there will be something that might be more within your budget. It's always nice to see your name in the programme, for example.

Unfortunately, not being at our own home doesn't help but hopefully winning will. 

As an aside, Michael Doyle giving his captain's armband away is outstanding, whoever came up with that. I'll be down there on Saturday, pushing the weans out the way.

That’s something we done with “local lad” Buchanan so must’ve came from Kieran.

It was only the stadium contractor stuff that they appeared to be sensitive about so plenty of other things that I don't see a problem with sharing with fellow fans. To be honest, I'm actually beyond caring about the sensitivities of certain establishment figures who weren't locked out of grounds for the whole of last season like the rest of us so leave it with me.  
re the lack of communication. Dempster apologised for that, said it wasn't good enough and said it would improve. We'll see. 

Yes probably the reason why there were no posts on here was that there was little to report. Lots of talk of getting communication better and Dempster said she was happy to answer any e-mails from members. However I do know of one member who e-mailed her next day and has still to receive a reply. Maybe they got e-mail address wrong or they need to sort out their spam filter.

1 hour ago, kfc smithers said:

There is a video on Facebook, search "Best new stadiums", then "best future UK stadiums" and Lesser Hampden is included. Looks a tidy ground with all four sides complete.

We can only dream

On 25/08/2021 at 12:13, williebraveheart said:

. My main concern remains the lack of basic information which supporters expect ie updates on Grant, Quitongo and Baynham. The last minute ticket pricing etc.

The first two had bad injuries and there's probably no good reason to speculate on their return and perhaps circulate false hopes.  I'm sure when all three are near to a return, we'll be told. We had to wait on Thistle sending out their ticket info first; we agreed to their request to do that.

Moving on, the Club have acknowledged that their communication has been poor. We now have a marketing guy in place who will, I'm sure, sort that out. 

But, bottom line, we're top of the league and playing good football. The rest is peripheral. I'm here to get excited on a Saturday and that's what's happening. Bluddy marvellous.