Queen’s Park 21/22

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

300 sheets to sponsor a shirt :lol:

The QP board absolutely fleecing the support this season it would seem.

Yeah. I’m not entirely sure who it is aimed at. We don’t have that many fans. We certainly don’t have that many fans who can fling £300 around. 

Was expecting increases due to going up a league and being full-time, but this sort of thing freezes ordinary punters out of things they’d generally like to participate in. 

3 minutes ago, an86 said:

Yeah. I’m not entirely sure who it is aimed at. We don’t have that many fans. We certainly don’t have that many fans who can fling £300 around. 

Was expecting increases due to going up a league and being full-time, but this sort of thing freezes ordinary punters out of things they’d generally like to participate in. 

I paid £250 for entry to 18 home games and free access to our streaming platform at any time. For an extra £50 at QP I only get a match worn shirt. That's absolutely bonkers that anyone thought that represented. 

I honestly thought that with money in the bank and Dempster coming in that QP were going to be offering their fans a hell of a lot and we'd be looking on in jealously, but I really don't blame you for forcing an EGM/General Meeting because I'd be utterly fuming if I was a QP fan right now.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I paid £250 for entry to 18 home games and free access to our streaming platform at any time. For an extra £50 at QP I only get a match worn shirt. That's absolutely bonkers that anyone thought that represented. 

I honestly thought that with money in the bank and Dempster coming in that QP were going to be offering their fans a hell of a lot and we'd be looking on in jealously, but I really don't blame you for forcing an EGM/General Meeting because I'd be utterly fuming if I was a QP fan right now.

It’s £55 cheaper for a season ticket than it is to sponsor the away jersey of one of our young players who has made less than a handful of appearances. 

I don’t want to be overly critical. This is new for everyone at both sides. Folk used to working with a bigger audience and folk used to a sort of bowling club way of running things. I completely accept that some things we try won’t work, even some of the stuff that seems decent on the face of it. Just feel that we need to start small and build up.

In terms of the meeting, my biggest hope is that the support and the new folk at the club can come out of it with an understanding of each other’s perspectives and hopes for the future and start to work together. Most important thing is that they actually engage with us. A club of our size can’t go anywhere with fractured relations.

41 minutes ago, an86 said:

Most important thing is that they actually engage with us. A club of our size can’t go anywhere with fractured relations.

Agreed; whilst frustrated at the way communication has been handled so far, I am encouraged by the steps taken to ensure we have the correct structure in place first, for where we want to be. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

300 sheets to sponsor a shirt :lol:

The QP board absolutely fleecing the support this season it would seem.

It's been pointed out to me that this is not the most expensive player sponsorship.

https://www.peterheadfc.org/commercial/

I feel like I've dropped acid and woke up in an alternative universe.

Ooft! Rant of biblical proportions!
I can agree with a couple of the initial points about players being entitled to fall over but just about everything after that sounds like a drunken rant of someone that wants the world to rewind 50 years so that they can be openly racist/offensive/sexist (delete as required) all over again. That's regardless of how serious he is about the tailing end of the article.

That’s a really odd comment. Everything in that article relates to football matters ie pushing, offside, celebrating goals. There is nothing even remotely suggesting that the author wants to be racist or sexist

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Hardly any players were sponsored last season.

10 hours ago, an86 said:

.As for votes of no confidence. What is the aim? 

On 13/07/2021 at 18:47, an86 said:

David Hunter should resign immediately. His failure to recognise the concerns of the support over the past few months has been unacceptable. This is the final straw.

Seem to have changed your tune.🤨

50 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Seem to have changed your tune.🤨

That’d be wide of the mark again. Unless I’m mistaken, you were referring to a vote of no confidence against the entire committee, given that you mentioned “directors” in the plural.

There’s quite a difference between calling on a figurehead and public spokesperson (or not as the case was for several months) to resign, than calling for an official move against a whole committee with the aim of removing the entire board. Glad to see it’s not been eating away at you, though.

On 09/08/2021 at 14:35, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Now there’s an innovative idea next time the commercial director wants to clear some dead stock for some higher-value product.

A couple of our fans would definitely qualify as dead stock. Me for starters, unfortunately.

On the £300 jersey sponsorship, it's something different and people can buy into that or not. With it being match worn, I suppose you could have it washed or not washed, according to preference.  As I say, something different.

I spoke to the new marketing guy, Kieran, on Tuesday and he has loads of ideas and he knows that some will work and some won't. He did say that the more financially accessible sponsorship will be announced soon.  He is very aware that some guys and gals just like to make a donation at a level that they can afford. If £300 is not for you, then there will be something that might be more within your budget. It's always nice to see your name in the programme, for example.

Unfortunately, not being at our own home doesn't help but hopefully winning will. 

As an aside, Michael Doyle giving his captain's armband away is outstanding, whoever came up with that. I'll be down there on Saturday, pushing the weans out the way.

11 hours ago, an86 said:

That’d be wide of the mark again. Unless I’m mistaken, you were referring to a vote of no confidence against the entire committee, given that you mentioned “directors” in the plural.

There’s quite a difference between calling on a figurehead and public spokesperson (or not as the case was for several months) to resign, than calling for an official move against a whole committee with the aim of removing the entire board. Glad to see it’s not been eating away at you, though.

No need to be mistaken. Just read the words I wrote and stop rewriting them to suit your narrative. It was ‘vote of confidence’ not no confidence. And it wasn’t specific as to whom. And it’s “official” because that’s what an EGM is.

On 12/08/2021 at 09:48, an86 said:

£300 to sponsor a player. Might as just fire a “no working class contributions required” label on it. What average worker, student or anyone else on a low/average income has three hundred quid burning a hole in their pocket?

Presumably the idea of this scheme, as well as Peterhead's, is that businesses are the target customer, who could treat it as an extra advertising slot. 

I've never understood why any individual would want to 'sponsor the jersey' of some squad ringer anyway, in addition to paying for everything anyway by attending games. 

17 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

No need to be mistaken. Just read the words I wrote and stop rewriting them to suit your narrative. It was ‘vote of confidence’ not no confidence. And it wasn’t specific as to whom. And it’s “official” because that’s what an EGM is.

So you’re saying that the logic for a vote of confidence in this scenario was to indicate to the committee they were doing a fine job?

I’m aware of what an EGM is. I just disagree that the immediate way ahead is to go down an official route when the club has agreed to open dialogue. That doesn’t mean I’m happy with how things have played out. I’m willing to accept their offers of explanations in good faith. Once we have those, further action can be taken if enough people aren’t satisfied with the outcome. My hope is that we leave the meeting with a level of clarity and unity.

Assuming (yes, I know) the aim of a confidence vote was that it would fall, there would have to be some sort of idea of what was going to follow that. That’s really what I’m getting at in terms of your proposal. What then? 

In terms of comparing that with me calling for David Hunter to resign. It’s an apples an oranges situation. Those comments where made at a time when the club was completely failing to communicate with the support and it looked like we were going to be in a situation where loyal fans were going to be needlessly locked out of games. It is still my view that he would have had to resign had this farce played out. That’s very different from calling for wholesale change when explanations may be forthcoming.

28 minutes ago, virginton said:

Presumably the idea of this scheme, as well as Peterhead's, is that businesses are the target customer, who could treat it as an extra advertising slot. 

I've never understood why any individual would want to 'sponsor the jersey' of some squad ringer anyway, in addition to paying for everything anyway by attending games. 

The spiel on the website doesn't really read like business is the target.

For me, sponsoring a players shirt is something a lot of kids like to do - gives them a connection to the team and favourite player, but obviously they aren't forking out their pocket money so it should be priced in a region that parents can afford. I don't remember us ever struggling to sell shirt sponsors at £100, even when we've had absolute no mark jobbers playing for us the last two seasons. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The spiel on the website doesn't really read like business is the target.

For me, sponsoring a players shirt is something a lot of kids like to do - gives them a connection to the team and favourite player, but obviously they aren't forking out their pocket money so it should be priced in a region that parents can afford. I don't remember us ever struggling to sell shirt sponsors at £100, even when we've had absolute no mark jobbers playing for us the last two seasons. 

It’s really just a way of being able to give the club extra money. Whilst the intentions behind the match worn shirt, recorded messages etc are good, which seems to be a price bump factor, I don’t think most folk are really looking for anything in return. It’s a donation.