Queen’s Park 21/22

46 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

QP allowing this kind of prose to appear, unfettered, in their programme is a massive stain on a club seeking to establish itself in the local community and grow its fanbase going forward, in what is growingly a very young and progressive area. A real shame.

I know, it's very disappointing. Just hope our next move as a club doesn't involve employing anyone who rapes a  woman or anyone who discriminates against those with a different ethnicity. That would be it for me.

19 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I know, it's very disappointing. Just hope our next move as a club doesn't involve employing anyone who rapes a  woman or anyone who discriminates against those with a different ethnicity. That would be it for me.

Old Firm levels of whataboutery there, Michael. Who's yer big team?

14 minutes ago, CTQP1867 said:

I see the AGM is to be held in the Hampden Auditorium, and not in Lesser Hampden. Any reason why? 

It's not the AGM, it's just a members' update meeting

Lesser Hampden is currently a building site  and the social club is getting work done in it

Edited by Mick1867

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I have the advantage of knowing the guy for longer than you, Spider Rico and Urban Goose have been on this planet. 

I've known the guy for nearly 40 years and when I next see him I'll be telling him that article was a lot of pish. He's quick enough to tell us when we're talking pish 

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Queen's Park. You not heard, we're massive now

You are right Mick we are massive, at passing the ball around, and as Jock Stein once said, " As long as we have the ball the other team cannot score. " The trouble is we cannot score when we have the ball and this will come back to haunt us before the season is finished. However on a less serious point but an annoying one, who proof reads our match programme and web site?  Recently our new regime could not spell programme correctly and this week in the match report on the website,  by someone called Ryan Brown, whom I have never heard of being involved with the club before this season, cannot get his facts right regarding Dumbarton, because, he states that they have won their two opening games and here I thought there were 4 teams joint top with 4 points apiece. Silly old me.

8 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

You say unlucky, some might say the chance was on a plate for him to score.. And what about his penalty? That's the last two he's put wildly over the bar. I was more impressed with him when he came on second half on Saturday, his all round play was far better and he got some luck with the goalkeeping for his goal  but I'm not ready yet to join in the  love-in. I'll back the players 100% during the matches and encourage them at all times but I will say on here we still need much more from him. He came to the club with a reputation that he hasn't lived up to yet. We had small flashes of his ability last season with his goal at Annan and the Stennie home game but this really is the season for him to produce it. 

Watching the highlights back, I reckon that's excellent goalkeeping first and foremost from Andrews. McHugh hits it well and you can see opts for power. Sure he couple have been more composed, but equally i reckon you'd see Murray do the exact same given current form. 

I agree with you given his attacking record in the past, for chunks of last season it was like watching an empty jersey at times. If he keeps up his 'new' role though, i reckon there's every chance he'll have a more positive impact. Mind maybe take him off penalty duty though. 

On 10/08/2021 at 18:53, super-son said:

Ooft! Rant of biblical proportions!

I can agree with a couple of the initial points about players being entitled to fall over but just about everything after that sounds like a drunken rant of someone that wants the world to rewind 50 years so that they can be openly racist/offensive/sexist (delete as required) all over again. That's regardless of how serious he is about the tailing end of the article.

Perhaps a bit of stretch for you to assume that the guy wants to be openly racist / offensive / sexist, or has been before, because he doesn't like the politicising of football (if that's your issue with his article).  Unfortunately, those being racist / sexist / offensive seem to be thriving today and don't seem to need to transport themselves back 50 years to be so.

12 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Unfortunately, those being racist / sexist / offensive seem to be thriving today and don't seem to need to transport themselves back 50 years to be so.

Which is exactly why the football authorities and wider community still need to stay alert and call out those who indulge in such discrimination and especially those who use football as a vehicle to do so. For example, at the recent Euros, the planned actions of the DFB - and the actual actions of German fans and players - against the homophobia of the Hungarian government and a very vocal section of the Hungary support brought real joy to my heart. They wanted to take a stand but UEFA completely bottled it.

If stuff like that is the so-called "politicising of football" then how can it possibly be a bad thing? 

Edited by Mick1867

12 hours ago, JT1867 said:

Plant and machinery starting to appear at Lesser over the last couple of days so looks like a restart to the redevelopment is imminent.

There’s a new planning application submitted and currently under consideration. It asks for 3 temporary buildings, dressing rooms for both teams and match officials, which will be sited on the running track in front of the pavilion. In the architect’s submission it notes that from the original planning consent QPFC plan to go ahead with the east stand and the match control room (essential for the SPFL approval) but no indication when or with whom. Notably, the architect on this submission is not the same as the previous.

It also notes that QP have entered into a legal contract with PTFC for this season and that QPFC hope to have all works complete for season 22-23, although the language on that was a bit vague. Dempster’s announcement on Premier Sports was disingenuous; there’s no chance of playing at Lesser this season.

There’s yet another planning application being raised, but not yet submitted, for what is now referred to as the Director’s Stand. In the original application, the design drawings indicate a cantilevered seating arrangement suspended from the pavilion, where the upper gantry is currently situated and accessed via the Legends Lounge. It was referred to as an extension to the pavilion then. There’s no detail as yet as to what the new Director’s Stand is.

The original design was for 44 seats plus two disabled. Clearly not enough to accommodate all members as the previous two lounges at Hampden did. The President in his e mail/letter a month ago announcing sale of members tickets slipped in that there would be no more “free food” and that the Millennium package was also no longer available. Associate members have been scrapped. Only Directors and Life Members (who don’t pay a subscription) are left with any sort of privilege. This was carefully worded and implied that all this change was down to moving to Firhill. In fact, it’s conveniently deflected a situation that looks like widening the current trust gap between The Directors and everyone else.

Finally, to my fellow supporters who called an EGM I commend your action but now understand that it’s been ignored, or whittled away, by the club. The EGM should have been the place for a Vote of Confidence but now that’s been deflected as well. If supporters of the club are content to allow the Directors, who members vote in, to continue to show disregard for members by ignoring an EGM request as per the Articles of Association then you have no right to criticise them for anything in the future. You reap what you sow. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks