Queen’s Park 21/22

2 hours ago, PeterParker said:

Just to let people know (in case anyone was unaware), I phoned the QP office regarding buying season tickets and was advised that after Monday 9th August, you will be able to sit anywhere in the QP sections using your season tickets.

Was wondering if anyone else has been told this?

Similarly when I phoned it was explained that it's only for the Cove game that the pre booking, allocated seating arrangement is necessary, to comply with current covid regulations.

After 9th August fans can sit anywhere as Covid restriction will have been lifted.

Like others I'd rather be at the ground watching a live game in the pissing rain and gales, than watching it on a stream with no atmosphere and only masel' for company. However it's good news that the live stream will continue as a revenue stream aimed at both away supporters and those unable to make the game live.

But as a season ticket holder with around a 200 mile round trip to each home game, with the associated travel time involved., which I really look forward to on every occasion. But I'm now pretty pissed off at the prospect of being unable to attend a home match for whatever reason, then being expected to pay another £15 to watch the stream. So much for fan loyalty being appreciated.

I can only hope and  imagine there's some kind of technical conflict between the company who are now arranging match ticket sales and the company who supply/administer QPTV.

I assume the QP bean counters will be worried at the prospect of someone attending the game with a hard copy season ticket, and someone else using their season ticket number to access the free stream. If that's so, surely there are enough IT whizzerds that could work around such a situation.

But back to the football itself, I've always been amazed at the requirement for a goalkeeping coach, when you've got a perfectly good keeper, and maybe 2 other goalies in your squad. Given our problem at the opposite end of the pitch, would the club not be better hiring the services of a "shooting in coach", for want of a better term, for the 20 or so outfield players who don't appear to have a pair of shooting boots between them.

I’d be seething if I’d paid for a season ticket and they were making me fork out 15 quid for a stream if I couldn’t make it. I’m sure plentyof fans bought tickets last year and didn’t get to attend one live game, at least have the decency to offer them the stream for free this season. QP seem to have gone backwards in terms of fan engagement since Dempster was appointed.

58 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d be seething if I’d paid for a season ticket and they were making me fork out 15 quid for a stream if I couldn’t make it. I’m sure plentyof fans bought tickets last year and didn’t get to attend one live game, at least have the decency to offer them the stream for free this season. QP seem to have gone backwards in terms of fan engagement since Dempster was appointed.

I agree as an OAP who lives in Toryglen, if I'm not well why should I pay £15 when I have a season ticket? It could be worse of course I could still be a Member and have paid £300. 

On 06/08/2021 at 10:11, Boris the Spider said:

The free scarf was a brilliant idea and I took mine with pleasure. What I did not find was a good Idea, was our captain giving away at the end of the game our cherished Wattenschied 09 captain's armband to one of our young supporters. I have always enjoyed our relationship with the  guys in Germany and they have been good friends of our club, both here and in Germany and it is part of our history and not something to be given away. It has got me thinking about our first game of the season, when our captain was not even waring it, and it magical appeared on his arm for our second game after I mentioned the fact on this forum. Did the new regime at the club take a dislike to this armband as not being PC, because the word on it contains  Fuhrer ( German for Leader ) and this was a good opportunity to get rid of it in the celebrations after the game. However, I was sitting only six rows back and it happened right in front of me. That is how I know this has happened. A small part of our history gone under this new regime. SAD.

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

The free scarf was a brilliant idea and I took mine with pleasure. What I did not find was a good Idea, was our captain giving away at the end of the game our cherished Wattenschied 09 captain's armband to one of our young supporters. I have always enjoyed our relationship with the  guys in Germany and they have been good friends of our club, both here and in Germany and it is part of our history and not something to be given away. It has got me thinking about our first game of the season, when our captain was not even waring it, and it magical appeared on his arm for our second game after I mentioned the fact on this forum. Did the new regime at the club take a dislike to this armband as not being PC, because the word on it contains  Fuhrer ( German for Leader ) and this was a good opportunity to get rid of it in the celebrations after the game. However, I was sitting only six rows back and it happened right in front of me. That is how I know this has happened. A small part of our history gone under this new regime. SAD.

Did it occur to you that the club might have more than one of the armbands? The Wattenscheid guys have sent over several through the years and i even have one at home. I saw Doyle give away the band and thought it was a great gesture to mark our first home league game with fans for a long time.

I too saw this happen, and the young lad who Doyle gave it too was the same lad who was involved in the flag ceremony. You could see how much it meant to the wee man, who was delighted to have received it from one of his heroes.
I thought it was a fantastic gesture from our captain, and shows that he backs up his comments in the online match preview and programme about playing for the fans and creating memories with them. That lad I'm sure will remember his day for a long time to come.
With that said, I'm sure that the armband given away yesterday was not in fact the original "cherished" article that we were presented with many years ago. From the pictures on Facebook yesterdays armband looked in pretty good condition. I would be amazed to learn that we have managed to go for years passing the very same armband from captain to captain, playing in all weather's on some absolute paddy fields and it has never got ingrained with mud or got lost in some away dressing room.
Is it instead a possibility that we have a stock of armbands, and that they are readily available to buy?
I would hope that the original armband is actually safely displayed somewhere in Lesser hampden along with other artifacts from our storied history.
I remember a few years ago (I think around the time one of the red tops tried to start some controversy about it) that the club shop was selling the same style of armbands, and if I remember correctly proceeds of their sale went to a charity in memory or one of our late supporters (Hampden Diehard can correct me if I'm wrong)
What's "SAD" is that some of our support (or is it maybe just one) are so concrrned about our history that they dont want us to have a future. Our history is unmatched in world football, and we are right to be proud of it, but if we want to continue to make history we'll want some fans to be there to see it for years to come. The young lad who received the armband and others like him will hopefully still be supporting the club long after you and I are long gone, and moments like yesterday may be the sort of thing that keeps them interested.

Of course maybe I'm wrong and your wild conspiracy theory is true and that the powers that be read your post on here, realised you were on to them and came up with a cunning plan to get rid of it symbolically right in front of you.

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

This website has had its fair share of bad takes over the years, many of which have been from Queen’s Park fans. But this might just be a contender for the worst ever. Fair play. 

5 hours ago, Dooflick said:

https://captain-armband.com/product/spielfuhrer/

Other armband retailers available.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

19 hours ago, Dooflick said:

I can assure you that we had a healthy supply of the Spielfurhrer armbands thanks to Ruppi at Wattenscheid and I'm sure it will be in place on Tuesday night as normal.

29 minutes ago, qpsnapper said:

I can assure you that we had a healthy supply of the Spielfurhrer armbands thanks to Ruppi at Wattenscheid and I'm sure it will be in place on Tuesday night as normal.

I am glad that you have told me this, so as an 85 year old fan, I can sleep easier tonight. I just thought that the German textile industry was like their car manufacturers and anything that they made lasted a lifetime and that over the years the armband had just washed up well. To Ben Reilly all I can say is I have never said that I do not want us to have a future and like many others, while I value our past, I look forward to a great future for our fantastic club most of which I will not see. The sarcasm of your SAD comments were not needed, as you will see the others who have corrected me have done so in a kind and thoughtful manner apart from Spider Rico who wants to make me the worst take ever on this site. After 85 years, at last, famous for something.

38 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

I am glad that you have told me this, so as an 85 year old fan, I can sleep easier tonight. I just thought that the German textile industry was like their car manufacturers and anything that they made lasted a lifetime and that over the years the armband had just washed up well. To Ben Reilly all I can say is I have never said that I do not want us to have a future and like many others, while I value our past, I look forward to a great future for our fantastic club most of which I will not see. The sarcasm of your SAD comments were not needed, as you will see the others who have corrected me have done so in a kind and thoughtful manner apart from Spider Rico who wants to make me the worst take ever on this site. After 85 years, at last, famous for something.

I guess its just a sign of the times. The club is now so awash with cash that we can afford spare captain's armbands.

Never thought I'd see the day.

I read that after all the fuss and nonsense 3 of the SPL B teams have withdrawn from the challenge cup. Given the CoVid rules are now expulsed you can’t help wonder that they’ve just decided not to play. Bit of an embarrassment for Doncaster and chums.

Better news on gate prices for this game…still need a ticket though. I suspect that’ll be the norm. No point paying for humans when there’s a friendly electronic reader at the gate.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk