Queen’s Park 21/22

7 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Any idea what the general admission price will be this season?

Helpfully, there's absolutely no mention of it anywhere on the website, meaning there's no way of knowing if the season ticket is value for money. But that's fine, the season doesn't start until tomorrow.

I would imagine it would be £17 though, same as for the cup ties.

With the likelihood of restrictions being lifted soon, it looks like our first restriction free games may be Dumbarton at home and Alloa away. Feels like we should probably do something for the first “real” games since March 2020. Cut the prices, bring a pal etc. Club to put stuff on for kids etc.

Subsidise travel for Alloa away? A lot of folk will be getting the train anyway, but the club being proactive and contacting folk, encouraging them to come along and maybe paying for a couple of buses. Would be great to see a big away support on such an occasion. Encourage fans to wear colours etc.

Win, lose or draw, there’s a bit of a sweet spot for feelgood factor coming up across wider society and we should be piling in and using it to our advantage.

On 02/08/2021 at 11:44, an86 said:

With the likelihood of restrictions being lifted soon, it looks like our first restriction free games may be Dumbarton at home and Alloa away. Feels like we should probably do something for the first “real” games since March 2020. Cut the prices, bring a pal etc. Club to put stuff on for kids etc.

Subsidise travel for Alloa away? A lot of folk will be getting the train anyway, but the club being proactive and contacting folk, encouraging them to come along and maybe paying for a couple of buses. Would be great to see a big away support on such an occasion. Encourage fans to wear colours etc.

Win, lose or draw, there’s a bit of a sweet spot for feelgood factor coming up across wider society and we should be piling in and using it to our advantage.

As long as I can buy a roll and pie at Alloa I'll be content.

9 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Not sure what other clubs do but I thought folk who have forked out for memberships and season tickets would at least get a discount for streaming games.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/live-streaming-news/

A really strange thank you for our season long support, pay up front for a season ticket or membership and have the honour of paying £15 to stream a game you may not be able to attend in person. In essence paying twice for the game.

In truth the whole statement is a complete joke, firing in Stein lines and how great it is to have us back, while trying to skim an extra few quid off supporters who have already forked out to see the games. Punished, in essence, for having a membership or season ticket.

Amazingly Innovative.

2 hours ago, QP Steamer said:

A really strange thank you for our season long support, pay up front for a season ticket or membership and have the honour of paying £15 to stream a game you may not be able to attend in person. In essence paying twice for the game.

In truth the whole statement is a complete joke, firing in Stein lines and how great it is to have us back, while trying to skim an extra few quid off supporters who have already forked out to see the games. Punished, in essence, for having a membership or season ticket.

Amazingly Innovative.

The message I got is they are keen to get fans back in the stadium. After 15 months of robot bald-head-tracker-cam crap I’m sure that will be achieved. But what the club don’t appear to have considered in the on-cost for a lot of fans living near Hampden and now travelling to the far north. A situation entirely of the club’s own making. Also noticed the Firhill food & drink prices aren’t very generous. I’d be very surprised if all the revenue for these doesn’t go to PTFC so not sure how much the club are gaining from all this, apart from more questionable PR.

There’s a theme developing of a still-to-be-measured L1 team with alleged community ambitions behaving like a Premiership team angling for fans cash.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The message I got is they are keen to get fans back in the stadium. After 15 months of robot bald-head-tracker-cam crap I’m sure that will be achieved. But what the club don’t appear to have considered in the on-cost for a lot of fans living near Hampden and now travelling to the far north. A situation entirely of the club’s own making. Also noticed the Firhill food & drink prices aren’t very generous. I’d be very surprised if all the revenue for these doesn’t go to PTFC so not sure how much the club are gaining from all this, apart from more questionable PR.

There’s a theme developing of a still-to-be-measured L1 team with alleged community ambitions behaving like a Premiership team angling for fans cash.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/free-scarves-for-supporters-as-we-unfurl-the-flag/

The free scarf is ample consolation.

To play Devil's advocate at the moment it's probably not that baffling to be wringing your fans for money.  The cost of building a stadium just now is probably eyewatering with the cost of raw materials.

Couple that with what will be a drop in income and higher expense of using Firhill and that becomes a real worry. 

Edited by LeodhasXD

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Why would the money go to PTFC? It's your home game, you pay Thistle their rent and keep the income. Still utter shite from your board though, there's no justification for not giving season ticket holders streaming access. Every chance that crowds end up restricted through the winter again and you're left with ST holders who can't attend the game by law and paying again for fairly low quality stream. Poor fare. 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

To play Devil's advocate at the moment it's probably not that baffling to be wringing your fans for money.  The cost of building a stadium just now is probably eyewatering with the cost of raw materials.

Couple that with what will be a drop in income and higher expense of using Firhill and that becomes a real worry. 

Fair points, but the stadium was already under contract and now in dispute. The contract was due to be finished in May which was plenty of time to commission the buildings and get the necessary approvals from the SPFL and local authorities. So we should have started the new season at Lesser Hampden and thus no need for Firhill. We are still waiting on an explanation, acceptable or not, why this hasn’t happened. 

it’s almost like our committee think we can’t remember what happened the last time they redeveloped our stadium.

11 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Fair points, but the stadium was already under contract and now in dispute. The contract was due to be finished in May which was plenty of time to commission the buildings and get the necessary approvals from the SPFL and local authorities. So we should have started the new season at Lesser Hampden and thus no need for Firhill. We are still waiting on an explanation, acceptable or not, why this hasn’t happened. 

it’s almost like our committee think we can’t remember what happened the last time they redeveloped our stadium.

Its not hard to see the motivation in trying to get fans in the ground rather than off the sofa. Perhaps allowing season ticket holders / members a set number of "free" streams" would have been a fair compromise.

50 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Its not hard to see the motivation in trying to get fans in the ground rather than off the sofa. Perhaps allowing season ticket holders / members a set number of "free" streams" would have been a fair compromise.

I need no motivation to go to the ground rather than watch a stream. But if for some reason I can't make a game I will be pissed off having to pay £15 for a game I've already paid for.

Poor show from QP.

1 hour ago, Boris the Spider said:

I need no motivation to go to the ground rather than watch a stream. But if for some reason I can't make a game I will be pissed off having to pay £15 for a game I've already paid for.

Exactly. No right minded individual after last season is going to buy a membership/ season ticket and choose to watch a stream rather than go to the game. We don't need encouraged or motivated to attend after being locked out for 16 months. The club's words are just patronising waffle and their reasons for charging us twice for the privilege don't make sense at all. I plan to be at every game home and away but things happen. God forbid any of us get sick or injured eh

Let's also remember that members and season ticket holders paid more last season than what they got to watch online. I paid £255 membership for 13 streamed home games. Would only have cost me £130 if I had chosen to buy each game individually. 

While we're at, it's also absolutely piss poor that are no match day or season ticket concessions for the unemployed. They better get this sorted for when we return to Lesser. Free entry for kids should also be considered if we want to properly grow our fan base. They might not all come back every week but you'll get a few who stick with us and when they are older they'll be the ones buying season tickets, merchandise and pints in the social club. Let's see if there is any substance in this " new and innovative community club" talk

Edited by Mick1867

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Let's also remember that members and season ticket holders paid more last season than what they got to watch online. I paid £255 membership for 13 streamed home games. Would only have cost me £130 if I had chosen to buy each game individually. 

And no “free food”. Couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that. So the Millennium lounge was actually a soup kitchen all these years🤔

Just to let people know (in case anyone was unaware), I phoned the QP office regarding buying season tickets and was advised that after Monday 9th August, you will be able to sit anywhere in the QP sections using your season tickets.

Was wondering if anyone else has been told this?