Queen’s Park 21/22

37 minutes ago, Big Badger said:

Boors on tour.

What an absolute load of nonsense being spouted about the use of an extremely common swear word at a football match. If people are really that sensitive I suggest that live sport maybe isn’t for them. 

More like Tourette's on Tour. Have you made up a pwoppa naughty song for Annan?

1 hour ago, Dave said:

A few of the boorish adolescents (thanks for that compliment Spidersmad) heading down tonight to support the team. Hope Annan have beefed up their security detail accordingly to deal with us rapscallions and our horrendous sweary words.

I was surprised on Saturday to hear this song about Airdrie and thought it was very childish, as we have never had any problems with them in the past. Does this mean tonight you are  going to change the word Airdrie to Annan ? I hope not or to any other team in the league. However, you can sing and chant all day if you want about the Bully Wee and I will join in.

26 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

I was surprised on Saturday to hear this song about Airdrie and thought it was very childish, as we have never had any problems with them in the past. Does this mean tonight you are  going to change the word Airdrie to Annan ? I hope not or to any other team in the league. However, you can sing and chant all day if you want about the Bully Wee and I will join in.

I'm not going to be like Spidersmad and decide  who is worthy enough to support our club based on some singing, but I personally wouldn't as I have plenty of fond memories of trips to Annan, and I really like their setup down there. Always struck me as a well run club and welcomed us in their social club many a time with open arms.

Annan are basically the exact opposite of Airdrie, so maybe a rendition of "We love Annan" is on the cards? 

But as long as no-one says or sings anything actually offensive (something discriminatory which thankfully in my 15 years of attending QP games I don't recall ever hearing) I could not care less what others want to say at the football. If someone wants to hate Annan or anyone else in the league, hate away. 

Edited by Dave

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Always struck me as a well run club and welcomed us in their social club many a time with open arms.

Nice in the social club but they need to sort their stewarding. Happy to take cash in the bar then send visitors out in the cold rain with no toilet or pie stand.  Nice club and set up in general though. 

For anybody making the trip down the M74 you won't get a drink in the social club. Being used as additional changing rooms until proper season starts.

As it's scorching here would recommend a pre match drink in the Shed, the Anglers, or Blue Bell.

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

This is all getting a bit Feeble Football Songs from Burnistoun. Dooflick will be standing down at Galabank shouting "DRIVE SAFELY" at the Annan faithful.

Expect to hear this on the 31st, Moonster.

Baynham, Lyon, Fox, Kilday, Longridge  all missing from the squad this evening.
Hopefully the fact we don’t have a game on Saturday will allow us to get some of these guys back for the first league game 
I was chatting to Baynham before the game on Saturday, said he got a head knock at QotS and had been feeling the effects of it for a few days afterwards. I presume he will be out until he passes all the concussion protocols. Can't be too bad right enough as he was getting out the drivers seat of his car when I met him.
I thought Lyon was great against Motherwell, and that we looked poorer without him against Airdrie. I would like to start the league games with him and Gillespie.

39 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

What's with all this shooting from outside the box - not even on target. Meat and drink for competent keeper but they are not even testing him. Not impressed with this performance. Headless chicken comes to mind.

According to the BBC stats, we had 18 shots at goal with only 4 on target. I presume McWho's penalty was one of the 18.

Tells it's own story.