Queen’s Park 21/22

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

You can't have it both ways. You appear to want these fans there to create an atmosphere on your behalf but also want to censor those same fans according to your own sensibilities.

You are perfectly entitled to get offended by "swear words" of course but probably better if you take ownership of your objections and don't hide behind "families" as your excuse. I had young family members at the game on Saturday. All sitting a few rows from where all the singing was coming from. None of them were upset or had issues. They actually loved the atmosphere and one of them commented on how much better it was than the morgue that was Hampden.   

I'm perfectly happy to admit that I didn't like the chant.  However, I only decided to post my concerns after I learned that I was not the only one who was disappointed by it. I'm sure a lot of families weren't bothered.  Many parents swear constantly in front of their kids. That doesn't mean that the views of parents who don't like the swearing should be ignored. 

33 minutes ago, I Zingari said:

I'm sure a lot of families weren't bothered.  Many parents swear constantly in front of their kids. 

Swearing constantly in front of kids is a totally different thing than parents not being bothered about their kids hearing swearing while they're at a football match.

Swearing at your kids now and again because they're a constant pain in the arse can be excused mind you. Especially if they're teenagers 

1 hour ago, Ayr Diamond said:

You must like neeps timboy.

It’s almost poetic how this conversation started with QP fans debating a song directed at Airdrie but now an Airdrie fan is having a go/laugh at QP fans. Fantastic reading.

Have one club, QPFC. My spidey senses tell me you’re a full time Rangers man and part time Diamond.

Edited by QPSpider1867

Have I strayed into the Old Firm section? This thread certainly doesn't read like a QP thread. I mostly enjoyed Saturday at perhaps the most entertaining 0-0 draw I've ever watched. However I did find the "Airdrie song" from the group of adolescents up at the back rather boorish and certainly unworthy of the QP support. It's a bit disturbing to find hints of politics and religion creeping into a QP discussion and no doubt there'll be a bit of the traditional Old Firm "whitabootery" along soon, i.e. "whit aboot them, they're worse!"

I would like to point out to both Ayr Diamond and the few QP fans entering into this pish that for a supposedly "loyalist town" Airdrie has a helluva big SNP vote, so things aren't quite as simple as certain people like to make them out to be, from whatever motive.

Now, is there a game on tomorrow?

Edited by Spidersmad

10 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

a bit disturbing to find hints of politics and religion creeping into a QP discussion

Disturbing? Whit? It was ONE poster who made a ridiculous comparison between two completely different F words. I think other posters had the right to comment on that. 

Then we had the history lesson from BYOS that most of us were perfectly aware of so didn't really need imo but up to him what he posts.

We also can't stop some moronic bigot from saying what he said. We're perfectly entitled to rip the pish out of him in response.

Anyway, there is a perfectly reasonable debate to be had about so-called bad language at games should people wish to have one.  People will also discuss what they like on here. A Queen's Park general thread will cover a wide range of topics. If you want to avoid them and just focus on the game then there is a thread over on the Domestic Cup forum 

So how many going down to Annan tonight? We would have had more I reckon if we were running a supporters' bus  but we''ll definitely have a hardcore there to cheer on the lads.

Looking forward to the first of hopefully many great away days. Some goals would be nice  

36 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

I reckon we will see Calum Yeates for the first time this evening and it would be great if Louis Longridge and Lee Kilday are available to get some minutes before the league campaign.

Yeah, think the side needs some fresh legs after the shift most have put in over the last few games. A fit Longridge and Kilday will be first choice every week anyway.  Got a feeling Longridge is gonna pick up where he left off last season. He was our main man in the second half of the campaign imo  

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

So how many going down to Annan tonight? We would have had more I reckon if we were running a supporters' bus  but we''ll definitely have a hardcore there to cheer on the lads.

Looking forward to the first of hopefully many great away days. Some goals would be nice  

A few of the boorish adolescents (thanks for that compliment Spidersmad) heading down tonight to support the team. Hope Annan have beefed up their security detail accordingly to deal with us rapscallions and our horrendous sweary words.

9 minutes ago, Dave said:

A few of the boorish adolescents (thanks for that compliment Spidersmad) heading down tonight to support the team. Hope Annan have beefed up their security detail accordingly to deal with us rapscallions and our horrendous sweary words.

Boors on tour.

What an absolute load of nonsense being spouted about the use of an extremely common swear word at a football match. If people are really that sensitive I suggest that live sport maybe isn’t for them. 

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Might have been a bigger crowd if we won the penalties. 8 points instead of 7 may have been enough to qualify as a best placed runner up. Expect the faithful to still be there.