Queen’s Park 21/22

5 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

Must have just about the largest Media team in Scottish football.

I see Quinno is down as Assistant Coach. Is he actually back or is he still not about but still a coach ( or whatever story we got last season).

He’s back on the Coaching staff page so should be in the dugout tonight. 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/coaching-staff/

All the best tonight QP. Hopefully you fair better than we did last night against premiership opposition. We got taught a lesson from a very good Hearts side and are out already.All to play for after your opening league cup match

Will be watching tonight.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

All the best tonight QP. Hopefully you fair better than we did last night against premiership opposition. We got taught a lesson from a very good Hearts side and are out already.All to play for after your opening league cup match

Will be watching tonight.

Thought Queens Park were terrific in the first half and with a bit more clinical finishing could have been almost out of sight after an hour. Motherwell looked off the pace and could be in for a difficult season.

Brown was outstanding and linked well with Murray. Doyle and Biggar stood out too.

You seem to be in good shape going into the start of the season which is more than can be said for most of the teams in L1, Cove included. Not sure if there are many teams happy with where they are right now. Maybe Montrose.

I’m genuinely shocked at how good we were. Thought we dominated large spells and were super unlucky not to score. We lost control a little when Murray went off. Expect Davidson to clear it at the back post but these things happen. 

The boys attitude, application and confidence tonight was magic. We’ll win the league if we play like that. Really good chance of progressing from the group too. 

As good as we were, I must add, I think Motherwell could be in trouble this year. They’re a big aggressive side but lack skill and creativity.

Crowd were excellent considering low numbers and social distancing. People really appreciated being there tonight after so long out.

Watched this and was delighted with the link up play which made us a much more coherent side than last season. Biggest problem is the injury pile up and here's hoping Simon Murray's tonight isn't too serious. Think we've won a watch with Laurie.

According to the BBC website Radio Scotland had an interview with Leanne Dempster tonight in which she said that she hopes that building work will restart at Lesser "soon".

Says we might even be in by the end of the year but should be there by the start of next season at the latest.

9 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Thought Queens Park were terrific in the first half and with a bit more clinical finishing could have been almost out of sight after an hour. Motherwell looked off the pace and could be in for a difficult season.

Brown was outstanding and linked well with Murray. Doyle and Biggar stood out too.

You seem to be in good shape going into the start of the season which is more than can be said for most of the teams in L1, Cove included. Not sure if there are many teams happy with where they are right now. Maybe Montrose.

We’ve looked good for one game and that was against Brora. I thought we looked tired against Forfar and I think that’s why the score line is what it was.

8 hours ago, Boris the Spider said:

https://youtu.be/381EjXvC08M

Bit defensive at end? Anyway building of Lesser again and AGM acknowledged.

No mention of “innovation”. I’d still like to know what caused the “pause”. The timing of it crossed my mind that she had stepped in as the plan wasn’t flexible enough for whatever she had in mind. But she looked extremely uncomfortable talking about it with Shaun when she had her welcome interview. I think it’s important to know what stopped it as it’ll make it clearer who’s calling the shots now at the club. And of course if the club’s money has been wasted. She seems excited about the ten year plan. It’s been 2 years since the consultation started. The First and the development squads won their leagues so it’s off to a good start before she arrived. I expect a reasonably detailed look at what the future holds, particularly for the first two years.

Meanwhile, on the grass side of the line, absolutely delighted at what I saw last night. A miskicked routine clearance was the difference in goals but we played them off the park for most of the game. Murray was outstanding and dragged the game up the pitch time after time and it was noticeable that we spent more time defending when he went off. Doyle was immense too and looks and sounds like skipper. Muir as always there when needed but he also seems to have all his confidence back when ruling his box. Only thing I spotted that looked odd was Brown and Gillespie playing a very similar role in close proximity. Left Well with more space between front and back than they deserved. A great effort all round and with our two toughest ties behind us we have a realistic chance of being one of the better second-place teams.

I really enjoyed being back. The organisation was flawless and the Thistle staff very professional. QP staff on hand seemed to have everything under control. Good idea to have one of the Hampden stewards welcoming QP fans at the gate. It was great to see supporters singing who wouldn’t normally. Nothing to be embarrassed about making some noise for our favourites. Keep it going!

Can’t believe how well we played last night - on another night Queen’s could have won by two or three. 

Liam Brown, a signing I was I was initially underwhelmed with , was faultless. Looks like a great acquisition.

Fantastic to have some fans back in stadium.

Though we should have ticketing sorted weeks ago, kudos to the volunteers who worked hard over the last few days phoning supporters to offer them tickets for the game.
Dempster on the tele talking about the ‘journey’ yesterday - without the frantic paddling from the club over the last few days with the help from volunteers, many of our support  would have been left in the car park. 

On the park last night was excellent apart from one defensive lapse as other have said, if we can play like that with a "weaker" squad due to injuries and isolations I can't wait to see what we can do at full strength. Brown and Biggar the biggest standouts for me, Doyle and Murray also very impressive but dare I say we're becoming accustomed to performances like that from the new captain, if it turns out he's not an iron man and ever misses a game f**k knows how we'd replace him. 

Off the park though still a concern. It was great to be back in the ground supporting the team but there could easily have been another couple hundred of QP fans there if not for the incompetence of the club. And Dempster telling the press "oh yeah we'll tell the fans what's happening in a couple of weeks"... How hard would it be to put something on the website or social media actually directed to fans instead of continuing to give this info to her media pals first?? Those of us lucky enough to get tickets are then the last to find this out because it's on the fucking TV coverage of the game we're attending 😂

Fingers crossed the restrictions continue to ease and there are no setbacks. Salivating at the thought of Annan away next week.

As others have said, we were excellent. Definitely a noticeable change in style, which looks focused on playing out from the back and passing the ball, Played some lovely stuff and the only thing missing was a goal as a reward for it. Frustrating goal to lose, but these things happen. All in all, absolutely delighted with the performance. Great to be back.