Queen’s Park 21/22

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Opened up the online programme and was struck by this, in the light of the recent poor performance from the non-playing side. Eight heads representing football. Twenty-three representing management and communications. I wonder if the term ‘busy fools’ has ever been considered.

5D84D606-E3CD-45DA-B56F-FA97842E340F.thumb.jpeg.7d2903de01e558cf9a7b896d982decd9.jpeg

Must have just about the largest Media team in Scottish football.

I see Quinno is down as Assistant Coach. Is he actually back or is he still not about but still a coach ( or whatever story we got last season).

Noticed in the online programme that Doyle is the official club captain for the upcoming season. Very pleased with that choice but I’m going to assume that means Grant’s absence will be very long term? Seemed a stick on for captain after Galt’s departure 

58 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Must have just about the largest Media team in Scottish football.

I see Quinno is down as Assistant Coach. Is he actually back or is he still not about but still a coach ( or whatever story we got last season).

Really hope he's back. We need guys like him around the place

"Ryan Brown" is our match reporter? New alias for Beardy? 

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Noticed in the online programme that Doyle is the official club captain for the upcoming season. Very pleased with that choice but I’m going to assume that means Grant’s absence will be very long term? Seemed a stick on for captain after Galt’s departure 

Tremendous choice. Considering he never misses a game. Great column by him in the programme as well. He's a good lad, he gets it. 

Got my membership renewed this morning online. Phoned the office first as I wanted to see if I could also get ticket for my son (season ticket holder) so we could sit together but apparently the system won't allow that. After yesterday's goverment announcement they are now waiting for confirmation from the joint response group about what's allowed after the 19th. They will then send out an update and put season tickets on sale. At that point they hope to be able to reallocate seats so that people can sit in groups and members/others can mix.
I also register for an online account on the ticketing platform. It looks like in time there will be an option to link your account to friends and family.

The club is now going to be forced to communicate with members. A letter is going to land in the coming days from the required number of members requesting an EGM.
It’s a shame it has come to that, but the current situation is intolerable. This is not just a small group of rabble rousers trying to create bother. There are genuine and legitimate concerns across a broad church of the membership/support that cannot go ignored any longer. 
Has there been any response from the club to this request? Assuming the EGM happens, will it be announced by the club (I realise the irony on that as I type) and open to all members, or just those that requested it?

Just now, Ben Reilly said:
On 09/07/2021 at 11:32, an86 said:
The club is now going to be forced to communicate with members. A letter is going to land in the coming days from the required number of members requesting an EGM.
It’s a shame it has come to that, but the current situation is intolerable. This is not just a small group of rabble rousers trying to create bother. There are genuine and legitimate concerns across a broad church of the membership/support that cannot go ignored any longer. 

Has there been any response from the club to this request? Assuming the EGM happens, will it be announced by the club (I realise the irony on that as I type) and open to all members, or just those that requested it?

It will be open to all members and it will happen, either through the club naming an AGM date or the membership triggering it. I don’t imagine it would be in the club’s interests for the latter to happen. Nothing would surprise be now, though.

35 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Any suggestions of the best place to park near Firhill tonight? Preferably for freeemoji846.png

Plenty of free street parking around Firhill - there are some sidestreets off Firhill Road which are "resident only" so wouldn't suggest parking there as they have a habit of double parking you in 😂

If you get there early enough there are bundles of spaces round the back of the stadium next to the canal, go in behind the flats, but in reality if you are happy parking half on the pavement you'll get a space on Firhill Road no problem at all. 

3 hours ago, qpfc said:

They distinguish between club captain and team captain. Grant was team captain and I would assume he would regain that position when he returns. Delighted for Doyle who has a hard act to follow (Galt).

19 minutes ago, lavvyheid said:

I've got the app installed  much to my surprise as IT  and me don't usually go hand in hand

are you logged in and added your ticket?? 

I'm getting heavy 'log in / you can't log in / register / you've already got this account / pass word reset / no password link sent' vibes at t'moment... 

3 hours ago, qpfc said:

Prefer Doyle’s character to Peter Grant. Good shouter and moaner doesn’t always mean the best fit for captain. Muir or Doyle would be my pick. 

Typically given the current shambles in the club's communication, here we are a few hours away from our first home game of the season and  not one comment about the forthcoming game; just comments about the confusion and despair in trying to get tickets to attend or even watch the game.

Like others I've had no email, but can't attend tonights game anyway, living quite some distance from Glasgow and have transport difficulties.

Am i right in thinking that the game is NOT being shown on QPTV ????

Surely there's not a legal problem with that as well ?

9 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Typically given the current shambles in the club's communication, here we are a few hours away from our first home game of the season and  not one comment about the forthcoming game; just comments about the confusion and despair in trying to get tickets to attend or even watch the game.

Like others I've had no email, but can't attend tonights game anyway, living quite some distance from Glasgow and have transport difficulties.

I assume it is because it is on Premier Sports.

Don't tell me you're not a subscriber?

4 hours ago, qpfc said:

Club captain is still club captain even if not playing. Team captain only when playing. But of course he had a full season last year whereas Grant is prone to going down. I can’t imagine Doyle not leading out the team so the bigger question might be who is reserve captain. Think Willie might want a say on that.

22 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

The Ticket’s link on the webpage is disconnected and there’s nothing on the news page. Maybe ace reporter Ryan Brown can offer some guidance. 

It’s entirely possible with all the focus on tickets they’ve overlooked the streaming package.