Queen’s Park 21/22

500 seats. A 6000 seater stand. Fifteen months notice to prepare to get a functioning system in place to make sure fans were able to access stadiums. Beyond parody now. 

Edited by an86

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I noticed time slots happened at Dumfries also, which in their case was spread over an hour. I haven’t seen anything from QP on either of these nor is their any clarity on what happens If you don’t comply. I’m sure the stewards will be ready to help but as most folk arrive within 15 mins of kick-off it could result in missing kick-off.

We had some ridiculously early time slots for the Euros at Hampden. Thankfully they weren't mandatory and folk were allowed to do what they were comfortable with. 

There is no need for this for a few hundred people entering a 6,000 seater stand. Let's say you have to work til 6pm then need to get public transport from the southside to the other side of the city. So I'll assume it won't be happening til I hear from Queen's and I will also assume it's not feasible for it to be mandatory    

We had some ridiculously early time slots for the Euros at Hampden. Thankfully they weren't mandatory and folk were allowed to do what they were comfortable with. 
There is no need for this for a few hundred people entering a 6,000 seater stand. Let's say you have to work til 6pm then need to get public transport from the southside to the other side of the city. So I'll assume it won't be happening til I hear from Queen's and I will also assume it's not feasible for it to be mandatory    

Surely they wouldn’t impose time slots on us at such late notice.
Aye ok - will expect e-mail tomorrow at some time.

3 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Surely they wouldn’t impose time slots on us at such late notice.
Aye ok - will expect e-mail tomorrow at some time.

Following the form book, it’ll be about five minutes after your designated time slot.

So after the government briefing today that Scotland is going to level 0 on Monday 19 July with some modified restrictions

2,000 fans will be allowed at seated outdoor events. In bubbles of 15 from 5 households. Unfortunately social distancing still necessary but now down to 1 metre between bubbles so plenty more wiggle room now .

So that should mean everyone getting into Firhill no bother on August 7, including Cove fans

I'm also more hopeful of some of us getting into Annan and East Fife but obviously smaller grounds so we'll see   

8 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Got a phone call from QP today asking if I wanted a ticket for tomorrow. As I am not going that means a spare going. Pleasant call.

Despite supplying my email address and getting confirmation that it was on file for ticketing and renewals, I'm still waiting. I called and they said they would get back to me today, but now the office is closed. I'll try again tomorrow, but it all seems terribly un-organised. If I don't get any progress I'll maybe check with you to see if it's still available thanks?

10 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Got a phone call from QP today asking if I wanted a ticket for tomorrow. As I am not going that means a spare going. Pleasant call.

I've just received a similar call from the QP office and was able to confirm that I had been receiving their emails. I also said I wouldn't be going over tomorrow so there's another spare. I've heard from someone who was at the office today that season ticket prices will be as follows:

No Concession - £245; concession for 65 and over - £145; concession for 15 and under - £70. I think students get the 65s' concession.

I wouldn't take that as gospel until there's an official announcement.

While out for my daily walk around the South Side yesterday I passed Lesser Hampden and saw that there was a training match going on with a few onlookers peering through the gates and fences. Possibly our under 18s or similar youth squad? Quite impressed with the way they moved the ball around. Construction work seems completely dead now with contractor's equipment cleared.

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

At very least some general statement about entry taking longer, get there early etc. Just make an effort. 

1 hour ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Despite supplying my email address and getting confirmation that it was on file for ticketing and renewals, I'm still waiting. I called and they said they would get back to me today, but now the office is closed. I'll try again tomorrow, but it all seems terribly un-organised. If I don't get any progress I'll maybe check with you to see if it's still available thanks?

What an absolute shambles. They really need to turn things around with the fans. Perhaps something along the lines of a few subsidised buses to away games for supporters might act as some sort of recognition that this fiasco has not been good enough.

Just seen the ticketing update on the clubs Twitter. Been going to games for 17 years home and away, yet cause I didn’t purchase a season ticket last season, I have no opportunity to attend the games? The ineptitude from the hierarchy at the club is crazy and quite frankly I’d be posing the question to David Hunter to resign. He’s been shocking throughout the whole process. The lack of communication is one thing but the overall logic and basic planning towards the inevitable situation of restricted spectators and social distancing has been rotten. Poor stuff 

Edited by qpfc

The announcement of no general sale will see supporters who’ve spent huge sums of money and countless hours following the club locked out of tomorrow’s game if they didn’t buy a season ticket last season. People who nearly got trapped in the snow on the road back from Elgin midweek, people who barely missed a minute of the dire 13/14 season.

The club can ram the “we worked hard” stuff. That’s the minimum expectation of anyone in any job. To not be able to accommodate 500 supporters in a 6000 seater stand plunges to a depth of incompetence and contempt for the fans that I didn’t think was possible.

David Hunter should resign immediately. His failure to recognise the concerns of the support over the past few months has been unacceptable. This is the final straw.

Like many others that have posted, I am completely blown away by the level of ineptitude that seems to have taken hold of the club. Every time we think it can’t get any worse, but my God do they manage it! 

Today really is the straw that broke the camels back, not offering a general sale to the fan base is completely inexcusable. The “I’m awrite Jack” attitude from those at the top that have been able to attend games regularly over the course of the pandemic is now all too clear to see. The start of the season didn’t just sneak up on us, it isn’t a surprise, why has it been left to the very last minute to sell memberships, contact previous season ticket holders and contemplate selling tickets to our first “home” game of the season? Even in typing it out I am flabbergasted at the incompetence of this whole fiasco!

The level of discontent among the support whom I know is astonishing, and the overwhelming feeling I get is that the club just don’t care. They don’t need our money now, so it doesn’t matter if there are fans there. I can hear the committee now; “well there were no fans there last season, only us, and we still won the league. So why bother letting them back in at all”. Let’s just grow a new fan base as part of the “project” let’s have thousands of kids at summer classes but no one in the stands or on the bus up to Peterhead. 

There will at least be an EGM in the next 20 days, and I’d like to think that Mr. Hunter will be seriously considering his position, I know if I was him I wouldn’t be looking forward to facing the members after everything they have done over the past year.

15 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Opened up the online programme and was struck by this, in the light of the recent poor performance from the non-playing side. Eight heads representing football. Twenty-three representing management and communications. I wonder if the term ‘busy fools’ has ever been considered.

5D84D606-E3CD-45DA-B56F-FA97842E340F.thumb.jpeg.7d2903de01e558cf9a7b896d982decd9.jpeg

In defence of the folk involved in the media team, they can only pass on what they’re told by the club, which I assume is not far off the nothingness that we know. Wouldn’t apportion any of this shit show to them and they’ve done a great job bringing us games when we’ve not been able to attend.

The committee and Chief Executive on the other hand. Well….

19 minutes ago, an86 said:

In defence of the folk involved in the media team, they can only pass on what they’re told by the club, which I assume is not far off the nothingness that we know. Wouldn’t apportion any of this shit show to them and they’ve done a great job bringing us games when we’ve not been able to attend.

The committee and Chief Executive on the other hand. Well….

Precisely what ‘busy fools’ means. If hard workers don’t have leadership then some of their effort will be wasteful, however well intended. It’s a fact of all organisations. Try not to personalise everything. We’re a business now.

Despite all the other distractions, we should be warmed by this. The teams these lads played against are all well above us at the senior level. Still waiting to learn about the incredible “innovation” but it looks like the system that’s been built over many years is prospering already. Great work by all involved.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/our-18s-win-club-academy-performance-league/