Queen’s Park 21/22

8 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

This is what we voted for. This is the copy sent to Companies House. November 19.

36A0B337-68C6-4BE1-8DF5-7D8D8F7C09A4.thumb.jpeg.1c5700155f84b1c228549d8eccc0c4d2.jpeg

So you voted for players to get paid. We brought in paid players and won the league by 16 clear points.  Didn't hear too much complaining then.

I agree the communication is appalling but this has nothing to do with the vote.

With regard to LeeAnn, based on previous experience with the Office, we needed to bring in someone with experience of professional football and I suspect it takes time to set up a professional club from near enough nothing. Now that we have removed the 'trap door' drop from league two I'm willing to give her time to set up an established club which is going to be self sustainable.

1 hour ago, Reclusespider said:

So you voted for players to get paid. We brought in paid players and won the league by 16 clear points.  Didn't hear too much complaining then.

I agree the communication is appalling but this has nothing to do with the vote.

With regard to LeeAnn, based on previous experience with the Office, we needed to bring in someone with experience of professional football and I suspect it takes time to set up a professional club from near enough nothing. Now that we have removed the 'trap door' drop from league two I'm willing to give her time to set up an established club which is going to be self sustainable.

Leeann Dempster has been in the door six months. We have a game next week and have made no details public about how fans can attend. Clubs well below us in the pyramid have managed this. There’s no excuses here. It’s not good enough.

Do they think fans can just keep £200/300 to the side when juggling all sorts of other things, while they tell us nothing? It’s an absolute disgrace. Amateurs.

2 hours ago, Reclusespider said:

Agreed. But an86 has nailed it. Communication with your customers has absolute everything to do with the CEO of a company and the board that appoint her. 

I was delighted we strolled the league but you can balance that with the disconnect most of us felt not being there. Hundreds of us didn't get to watch a second of it in person but the usual "VIPs" just waltzed in every week despite not carrying out any essential match day duties. Now we have the current shiteshow. Those feelings of delight have now gone.    

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Leeann Dempster has been in the door six months. We have a game next week and have made no details public about how fans can attend. Clubs well below us in the pyramid have managed this. There’s no excuses here. It’s not good enough.

Do they think fans can just keep £200/300 to the side when juggling all sorts of other things, while they tell us nothing? It’s an absolute disgrace. Amateurs.

As I said I agree their communication is appalling and wouldn't even try to defend that. 

Paying membership is like a birthday, you know it's going to happen every year so you save up for it. 

41 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Agreed. But an86 has nailed it. Communication with your customers has absolute everything to do with the CEO of a company and the board that appoint her. 

I was delighted we strolled the league but you can balance that with the disconnect most of us felt not being there. Hundreds of us didn't get to watch a second of it in person but the usual "VIPs" just waltzed in every week despite not carrying out any essential match day duties. Now we have the current shiteshow. Those feelings of delight have now gone.    

As I said I don't defend the clubs communication. It is appalling. I too watched every game from home and wished I was there with the usual "VIPs" but maybe if I had put my name forward for committee I could have been there. I'm certainly not going to get bitter with them because I'm not on committee when I didn't do anything about that. In my work that's called perks of the job. 

17 minutes ago, Reclusespider said:

As I said I agree their communication is appalling and wouldn't even try to defend that. 

Paying membership is like a birthday, you know it's going to happen every year so you save up for it. 

You save up with the expectation of knowing when it will be paid. If you’re not financially comfortable, it’s difficult to justify just leaving a decent sum of money sitting dormant until the club can be arsed acknowledging the existence of the support.

Edited by an86

For as long as I've been a member, I'd describe the running of the Club as well intentioned and endearingly shambolic but it's really taken a turn and I'm feeling pretty let down at the moment. There are obviously issues with day to day comms, there's lingering resentment with Hampden and Lesser and Firhill and Ray and medals and tickets, and then there's just this enormous mismatch with all the big talk about innovation when we still don't really seem to have shifted the mindset of 95% of our comms strategy being committee types dishing out some goss after a few beers in the social club. 

I was pretty happy when Leanne Dempster rocked up  but at the moment it's difficult to tell is she's too involved or not involved enough, and part of my problem is that it's never really been articulated (or debated) what the structure of the Club actually is, what it's going to be, who's ultimately accountable and what relationship there's going to be between the Club, it's Members, the committee, the CEO and... Willie Haughey. 

I'm sympathetic up to a point because I think there's likely a whole organisational structure / culture change / messy transition thing going on in the background, but there's really no excuse to have destroyed such good will in such a short amount of time. 

48 minutes ago, Reclusespider said:

As I said I don't defend the clubs communication. It is appalling. I too watched every game from home and wished I was there with the usual "VIPs" but maybe if I had put my name forward for committee I could have been there. I'm certainly not going to get bitter with them because I'm not on committee when I didn't do anything about that. In my work that's called perks of the job. 

It wasn't just committee members who got in. But I suppose it helps if yer face fits. 

It is actually disgraceful that here we are; six days away from our first competitive home game; and we have no idea what the situation is re ticket sales for the fixture (made even worse by the fact fans have not seen the team play for upwards of 15 months). The club has an army of volunteers willing to help them; 15 (?) committee members who get to enjoy a multitude of perks for very little work; at least two full time office staff and a CEO - and yet can't communicate basic information to the lifeblood of the club - the supporters. 

We know for a fact there are committee members (and prospective committee men - one of whom posted on this very thread last week) who read and contribute to this forum. Your continued silence on any issues of substance is  further proof of your collective incompetence. Either sort this shitshow out or do the honourable thing and resign en masse. 

4 hours ago, Reclusespider said:

It does have something to do with the vote in my opinion. It was the first big 'lie of omission' that the Club chose to perpetuate.

Now I'm not a member, and I would've voted for a change in the articles if I was, but I attended supporters meetings at the Social Club and it was very clear that the structure being suggested by Gerry Crawley and David Hunter was for a self sustainable part time professional football club; playing in a 1700 seat stadium with a thriving youth development system. The club would then be partly funded by the sale of highly talented young players to bigger clubs. As another poster mentioned above - the models being looked at were those at Arbroath and Alloa (both part time teams who overachieve on the pitch). 

Fast forward to May 2020 - and without any further announcement - the club are offering full time contracts to established Championship players. If this is what was suggested to members at the time of the vote, I think they would have backed it in the same manner they backed the original proposal, but it wasn't. Why would a side looking to challenge for a place in the Premiership (as stated in media interviews by our CEO and Club President) build a ground with only 1700 seats? The goal posts were clearly shifted between the vote and the beginning of the next season - and it's hard not to link this with the major investment made towards the playing squad by Willie Haughey. 

Since then we've had the failure to acknowledge the last game at Hampden Park; the appointment (and subsequent departure) of staff such as Stuart Garden and Darren Taylor; the mysterious disappearance of Tony Quinn; the establishment of a 'Charitable Trust - completely out of the blue; failure to acknowledge the end of building work at Lesser Hampden; the announcement of the wrong temporary home for the end of season 2020/21; committee members breaching COVID rules to celebrate with players while fans need to watch on a stream filmed by students; the sacking of a Championship winning manager; a delay in announcing Firhill for season 2021/22; failure to arrange an AGM and the inexplicable decision not to sell season tickets in June. Should I go on? Because I can. 

4 minutes ago, Big Badger said:

The goal posts were clearly shifted between the vote and the beginning of the next season - and it's hard not to link this with the major investment made towards the playing squad by Willie Haughey. 

Great post but it's important to note that during the last members' meeting (before the vote in 2019) it was announced that Haughey had agreed to fund the players' wages. They shared this info last minute because they knew a lot of members were undecided and unconvinced on how we could afford it. I know for a fact this persuaded those on the fence to vote yes and it ended up being a landslide victory. So the members were aware of his involvement when we voted but of course no mention or hint of him totally funding full time football. So we had two months of him funding part time wages before the pandemic struck.  I'm all for him donating money to fund full time until we can afford it ourselves. I'm just not entirely sure now what the set up is giving the lack of comms from the club and I'm not entirely convinced its going to be sustainable beyond his involvement. But let's hope I'm spectacularly wrong   

lets not forget  any e-mail comms recently have been signed off by El Presidenti.   

Should this not be  the role of CEO !

As others have said  club comms are very poor  ,we have a home game next week and as yet still don't know if you as a member or season ticket holder will be able to purchase a ticket and attend.  Get it sorted .

Lets not hide behind Co-vid  as any excuse for the comms issues because it does not seem to be an issue with other clubs.

1 minute ago, lavvyheid said:

lets not forget  any e-mail comms recently have been signed off by El Presidenti.   

Should this not be  the role of CEO !

This is one of the problems. The committee was elected by the membership. The support, including the membership who elected the committee, have no idea who is responsible for what. I was willing to let that sort of thing slide for a while, but we’re now six months down the line. It’s taking the piss now.

4 hours ago, Big Badger said:

Committee members breaching COVID rules to celebrate with players while fans need to watch on a stream filmed by students; the sacking of a Championship winning manager;

The two committee guys on the park were in the playing / coaching staff bubble all season so no COVID rules were broken, one to deal with the medical side of things like testing and the other deals with admin like contracts, arranging training facilities, away travel etc etc. Both are with the team three or four days a week plus on match day.  No one else at the club deals with the squad except the kit man.

According to a player I met, Ray was not sacked, but resigned. He had no idea why.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

53 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

In other news…the ChallengeCup aka SPFL Trust Trophy draw was this week. We have Bonnyrigg Rose in the second round at home, weekend of 4/5 September. Winner away to Airdrie. No British or Irish teams involved, instead all 12 Premier clubs have their B teams in. 

watched the draw on YouTube - for some reason I had the subtitles switched on which made it very entertaining

here are Fraserburgh...

image.png.1993694da20ed3d3b29a28bf99ca52de.png

And Brora Rangers....

image.png.42c861f00df5bc59c76b9be421d532f5.png

and finally Hibernian B...

image.png.e083e2dc94936acc6c93b82e4039afb7.png

best cup draw for ages...